Your wish is granted...

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
Absolutely denied: Take a gander backward on the thred to see how you think. We can't afford that sort of carnage on the roads, or often often of them if the past holds influence on the future.

I wish we all read history ... and her story too ... and gave up hopeless hope of a bright future so I could buy lots of houses real cheap.

ChloeRose

Taking the long view.
Registered
Reaction score
Denied. History demonstrates that society ultimately progresses in a forward direction, but when Nymtoc finds himself speeding through what is labeled a "MOOSE CROSSING" in his hands-free car propelled by his thoughts house prices will actually have increased in response so it's irrelevant.

I wish that people planted wildflowers and shrubs instead of big lawns of grass.

PorterStarrByrd

Registered
Reaction score
Denied: I'd like to grant it but there are 5362 pot smokers with guns aimed at my head. Maybe you'd like to rephrase your wish.

I wish everyone understood me

Torill

Not as trollish as you might think
Registered
Reaction score
Denied. The mental capacity neccesary for the task is not available to the average person. (This may or may not be flattering – either the complexity of your superior mind is beyond the grasp of most mortals, or your stupidity too deep for anyone but the most advanced of neurological experts to fathom. Any further explanation of the reasoning behind this denial is denied)

I wish someone would lend me an invisibility cloak.

Azdaphel

Registered
Reaction score
Granted! But you now have agoraphobia. You can't stand being in crowded places where you can't help but hear all the thoughts of people in addition to the noises they made. It gives you terrible headache and drive you to the brink of madness. Also, you discover your multiple personalities and they all have something to say.

I wish to know the question behind the answer to life, the universe and everything else.

ChloeRose

Taking the long view.
Registered
Reaction score
Granted. But you already know the question. Next time you may want to wish you knew the answer(s) instead.

I wish I knew why the frequency of allergies and autoimmune conditions has increased so drastically.

Last edited:

Azdaphel

Registered
Reaction score
Granted. But you already know the question. Next time you may want to wish you knew the answer(s) instead.

I wish I knew why the frequency of allergies and autoimmune conditions has increased so drastically.

I know the answer. It's 42.

ChloeRose

Taking the long view.
Registered
Reaction score
Granted Azdaphel. I ran out of time yesterday to come back to the significance of "42", (as I am older, female and somewhat out of touch), but now that I have your wish will be granted. Deep Thought the supercomputer has agreed to share this wealth of knowledge, unfortunately it short-circuited it's power-source before it could finish processing the questions. The only one we have now is "sandwich?" It could either be a lunch order or something more significant, I've not read the book.

I guess my wish is still to know why the frequency of allergies and autoimmune conditions has increased so drastically....but I have a bit of wish-requesting buyers remorse. Instead if someone wants to grant me webbed Spider Man arms so I could take off from the ground whenever I wanted that would be helpful. I'm not a doctor afterall.

PorterStarrByrd

Registered
Reaction score
Granted you now have spider man arms. Did you also want hands?

I wish I knew what that stuff in the bottom of the freezer is.

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Preparing to grant, but...are you SURE you want to know?

I wish I had a bowl of chili topped with whipped cream and a cherry.

Torill

Not as trollish as you might think
Registered
Reaction score
Denied. Cherries with chili are disgusting. You'll get a strawberry instead.

I wish someone would do my laundry today.

Last edited:

Azdaphel

Registered
Reaction score
Granted! He comes with gasoline and matches... and also dynamites. You no longer have laundry to do but you need to buy new clothes. But don't worry, the Joker will teach you the fine art of robbery.

I wish I have Windows 10 installed in my head. (I know, I'm not sane)

PorterStarrByrd

Registered
Reaction score
Granted .. I'm pretty sure you meant windows 10 so now your eyes are touch screen.

I wished I had a nice bowl of Scotch Broth to feed the neighbor's brat.

Azdaphel

Registered
Reaction score
Granted! The neighbour's brat loved it and asked for more, or he will prank you for the rest of your life. Unfortunately, you only asked for one.

I wish to be transported in time to the date of June the 20, year 2019 and play the game I have been waited for so long.

ChloeRose

Taking the long view.
Registered
Reaction score
Granted. Welcome to the game you've been waiting for, as well as the disappoint of a life event that won't live up to your hopes and expectations. Plenty more to come. (My son is a gamer... he's had that a lot.)

I wish Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs had their own reality show...I really do.

Kinsman

Destroyer of Keyboards
Registered
Reaction score
Granted. Hidden cameras were installed but since this is a family-friendly site there will be no distribution of footage or further discussion on the subject matter. Consider the topic closed.

I wish some non-irritating insect would fill the mosquito's niche in the great food chain.

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Granted. Mosquitos have been replaced by elephant-size insects known as Mammothquitos. They are flying everywhere now, and while they are non-irritating, they will soon displace all other life forms on earth--including you.

I wish I could understand cosmology.

PorterStarrByrd

Registered
Reaction score
Denied ... Even I don't know Cosmo all that well (I didn't even know his last name until you made your inane wish) and I doubt it is worth the trouble. If you insist on my granting your wish I'll send you to language school where you can learn to communicate with him while building a huge student debt.

I wish I could ford the creek successfully

Azdaphel

Registered
Reaction score
Granted! You have been changed into a bridge made of wood... or stones if you are not a witch.

I wish I knew why.

Kinsman

Destroyer of Keyboards
Registered
Reaction score
Granted. However the flurry of related information has caused you to forget the question and you're left with only the vague notion that a witch weighs the same as a duck.

I wish I didn't feel compelled to test the validity of a "Wet Paint" sign.

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Granted. You don't feel compelled to test the validity of a "Wet Paint" sign. Instead, you test the validity of a "No Swimming" sign and become lunch for a shark.

I wish I had nine lives, like a cat.

Kinsman

Destroyer of Keyboards
Registered
Reaction score
Granted. Through an unforeseen and unpredictable sequence of events you expend 8 lives in five minutes. The sudden loss leaves you agoraphobic and inexplicably fearful of spaghetti and the adhesive on the back of postage stamps.

I wish I would win a lifetime supply of chocolate cookies.