On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
:roll:

I would get such a good book out of that scenario! In reality: husband's BD is 10/27, youngest son's BD is 11/3. Then Thanksgiving, which I host. Day Job is also too stressful for me to keep the word count up. I did something similar 3 years ago because I agreed to WAY too tight a deadline. I know my limits now. :)

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
My family is very selective about how much time they around me. I'm not even sure I'm invited to Thanksgiving dinner this year.

NaNo is going well. I'm excited about this project because I have no idea where it is going but the characters are unusual enough to keep it going.

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
No NaNo here. The one year I did it, I tied myself into writerly knots afterwards with a painful case of writer's block, so never again. Also, I have way too much going on life-wise. I might go mad and pull all my hair out.

Thanks for the wishes of luck. I'll tuck them in my pocket for this week, in the hopes that the final something something goes well and I'll have a very nice birthday present in the form of something something soon. :greenie

I AM SO EXCITED. *crosses fingers and toes*

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
No NaNo for me, though I'm trying to pump out as many words as I can still. Working on another novelette/novella in the Cryptid area to squeeze out another audiobook, then working on my sequel novel to Class 5. Had an anthology a short story got accepted for that was supposed to be out by Halloween but that seems to have been a fail.

Went and saw the new Terminator last week though. Awesome movie. Best Terminator since T2, I think. Just don't think about what it does to the continuity.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Awww. Someone's trying to pick a fight with me on Twitter. Since I can't turn them into BBQ, I love ignoring people like this.

In case you're interested, I opined that the musical 'Sunday in the Park with George' was entertaining, but not the best. I was then informed that it was so the best because 'it won a goddamned Pulitzer.'

:roll: Too bad for the fight-picker that a Pulitzer doesn't alter my opinion. I lurve Mandy Patinkin and the final scene is excellent, but overall the musical doesn't grip one's interest. Apparently the Pulitzer committee won't be adding me as a judge.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
In other Hound news, I'm watching Dark Shadows from the beginning, thanks to Prime. I loved this as a kid. Now as a writer it's inspiring aaallll the plot bunnies!

(Yes, I know this makes me a superannuated Horror Hound. I'm
still above the roses.)

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I've yet to see either of those. I'm not very well cultured. Well, I mean, I've got cooties, but not the good cooties.

The only people who fight with me on Twitter are women who accuse me of mansplaining when I agree with them.

I know, I don't get it, either.

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
Well, seems pretty quiet in the dark and stormy section of the forum....

Cobalt Jade

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am considering joining the HWA (Horror Writers Association.) Any members here?

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I am considering joining the HWA (Horror Writers Association.) Any members here?

I want to but I want to get some more things published first. So far, I only have one short story that paid any money published, and I'd like to get more. But then again, I might just go for it.

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
It's alive!

I am too, it seems. Safe on an island, but that kind of safety has its own horrors. I realized the other day that I was "doodling" bits of something that might be a body horror (but that might be a stretch) in the margins of a paper I was reading, so I thought I'd drop in here and see what others are up to. Looks like you've been making ice cream?

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I have been. In fact, it's so hot right now, I could go for some.

I've been doodling a bit, too. Despite my several attempts, it never seems to turn into anything. But I'm going to keep working on it.

I wish I were on an island sometimes. Cooler temps, better breezes. That and I haven't gone fishing in a long time.

What else is going on in your world?

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
Home alone for 2 months now and the AD(H)D is in full swing. Lots of ideas and frustration (mostly work related, since I'm unemployed), and a few things started that I'm encouraging myself to make progress on.

I have a few veggies in pots on the deck because the yard is small, rocky, and full of deer. I also cut back about 10 years of shrubbery growth and made a pile of branches that I really need to finish cutting up and bagging. I started levelling a part of the back yard for a seating area too... started.

I've actually read 2 books front to back though! I had readers block for a while. One was Chuck Palahniuk's how-to book on writing, Consider This, and after it I re-binged Community to see how many of his techniques I could identify. I'm now using it on Hannibal. :)

It's a decent doodling tool too.

What do you do lately?