Hounding from the Depths of Perdition

DanMorrison

Registered
Reaction score
Clown bees? *shudders at evil combo*

I binged Dead Set on Netflix last night. Decent zombie genre addition. Only 5 episodes so pretty quick. Anybody seen it?

Perusing this thread yesterday I spotted this and gave it a view last night. I agree that it was a pretty decent addition to zombie genre. My wife is a huge big brother fan (US Version) so I was even able to get her to watch it and she watched it all the way through and she typically doesn't like scary things.

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
ARGH. Why does it have to be due the 15th? Why?

*scowl*

Seriously, thanks for the link, Ted. I don't think it will work out this time around, as I'm wrangling the pirate novel, and I have that novella to edit this month if I want to sub to Tor in July. I just don't have brain space to write a spinoff short in my pirates world in the span of 12 days.

Probably.

*glares at plot bunny peering over table*

:rant:

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
I'm sorry. It totally has your name on it, too.

Speaking of Tor and their novella subs--I subbed a novella to them two years ago and they rejected it. I read through it and saw why--it wasn't good. So, I fixed it. I'm pretty close to fixing it so it's ready to send off.

My question is: would it be bad to send them that novella again?

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Mm. Read the submission guidelines carefully. I can't remember what they said about prior submissions, though I seem to remember something about that?

There's a submission period this month and then again in July. I'm planning July because no way this month. (I also have to be realistic because this is a crazy month at work with BIG CLIENT meeting prep and BIG LEADERSHIP meeting prep back to back weeks.)

I just don't want to allow myself to get sidetracked when things are going well-ish on the pirates. I want that draft done so I can shove it in a drawer, let it marinate, pull it apart in a month and polish shiny in the big revision before throwing it to the beta sharks. ARGH.

Oh, and I have to research and replace my car this month. -_- Where's my cloning machine?

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Is it demo derby season already? (Sorry, couldn't resist that one.)

Good luck on finding a car that works for you.

I totally hear you about wanting to stay on track. I need to get my novel done. Done. Done. No more messing about. Done. It needs to get written. Done.

I'll check into Tor's terms & conditions.

EtonMess

Registered
Reaction score
Fresh meat joining the horror.... fleet? Oh dear...

Anyone seen A Quiet Place? That's a good edge-of-your-seat thiller!

EtonMess

Registered
Reaction score
Do you like bbq, Elton?

I can't remember if this is the one that was posted in here a few months back or if it's a new one. I know some big names are subbing to it just because of the theme. I've got a few ideas but they're not quite plot bunnies yet.

Ooh yes! I like the way it warms my toes when I stand on the grill :tongue

Ok, now that challenge definitely greases my imagination! Was that pun too cheesy? :)

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
*fires up the grill*

mushroom_cloud-354x290.png

Good. I'm hungry.