Hounding from the Depths of Perdition

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
>.<

I think I need to write a horror story involving the gym.

A gym that is sentient and evil and makes people workout until they die? Or will randomly kill people it doesn't like. A person is working out and the weights suddenly change from 75 lbs to 1000 lbs to crush the person, or a medicine ball flies out of nowhere to smack people in the face when they least expect it?

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
That's basically every memory I have of going to the gym, Ted.

Don't forget the sweating and farting. I mean, I'd never say a lady such as yourself would be so crude, but it's my experience that a gym is full of people sweating a farting all the time.

And I don't remember the last time I stepped foot inside of a gym. I'm happy about that, too.

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
A gym that is sentient and evil and makes people workout until they die? Or will randomly kill people it doesn't like. A person is working out and the weights suddenly change from 75 lbs to 1000 lbs to crush the person, or a medicine ball flies out of nowhere to smack people in the face when they least expect it?

I wonder where you got that idea from?
:ROFL:

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Don't forget the sweating and farting. I mean, I'd never say a lady such as yourself would be so crude, but it's my experience that a gym is full of people sweating a farting all the time.

And I don't remember the last time I stepped foot inside of a gym. I'm happy about that, too.

I honestly don't recall farts, but the sweat would drown a colony of rats, if the stink didn't knock them out first.

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I wonder where you got that idea from?
:ROFL:

Well, I figure given your history and all, it's not like you actively participated in anything involving a medicine ball because that's just asking for trouble. I imagine it something like this scene from Austin Powers.

I honestly don't recall farts, but the sweat would drown a colony of rats, if the stink didn't knock them out first.

I was a wrestler for six years. I totally get that nasty stench you mention.

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
If I HAD encountered a medicine ball to the face...hypothetically...it looked a lot more like this. (Only there was a trampoline involved)

*thinks of an appropriate joke involving balls flying at Tiddly's face that won't get him in trouble with the mods*

Um...well, ahhh....yeah, that's not good. Um...ouch.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
I'm back from my haunted writers retreat (haunted inn built in mid-1700s). I did not see a ghost but... there's a chance I got a legit EVP. I'm giving the recordings to my son the sound engineer to filter. I'll let y'all know.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Does anybody care if I come hang out over here for a few? I usually lurk in the SF Cantina, but I've been writing more horror of late. No need for a BBQ, i've been here before. it's just been a while.

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
It's okay, Junely, I think we're out of sauce anyway.

The nice thing about this being the Horror place is we don't have to clear away the cobwebs. They just add to the decor. Plus, they cover much of the bubblewrap we've had to put down to protect a certain sparkly reaper because she's accident-prone, and we don't want her hurting herself. Plus, the insurance company stipulates that any room she visits has to have the bubblewrap, because after so many claims they're worried.

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
*click click click*

*click click click*

*click click...*

Sorry everyone, need to trim my claws I think...

I'm back for the moment though! Been a busy couple months. First audiobook did okay, so I commissioned a second one. Turned out that the woman I hired to narrate my second short audiobook is also a Youtube bookblogger with around 50,000 followers. o_O Thanks to that my novelette Cenote went from 9 ratings on Goodreads to 63! I also have a short story being published in an anthology next week! It all only amounts to about $20 when the payments come through, but it's a level of success I haven't seen yet. And it's got me excited to be back to writing.

Hope you all are doing well, having fun, and staying busy!

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Shaun, any move upward is good.

My most recent ice cream video is actually a shoutout to a former AW Houndie who doesn't come around anymore.

I'm trying to get my act together. NaNo is coming up and I'm thinking that my project will be a *gasp* mainstream novel. It's something I need to write, and I promise not to be boring like all of the other mainstream books I've read, because I hate boring.

Something I've noticed is that good, classic horror movies are harder and harder to find on TV. Sad.

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
Yeah, I think the streaming wars are going to kill cable TV. So many companies going exclusive with their movies now. But 90% of streaming services are going to fail as well by the time it's all over.

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I remember about 10 years ago, Walmart has these DVDs that contained about 50 different horror movies. Almost all were black and white. They were classics, too. I wished I'd grabbed it.

There was a movie I started to watch about 4AM years ago on AMC that was black and white. It was creepy and atmospheric. I have no idea the name or year or anything else but I had to turn it off so the idiot I lived with could sleep. I wish I could find it again and finish it. I really liked it.

Even the movies TMC had listed for October weren't that great.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I remember about 10 years ago, Walmart has these DVDs that contained about 50 different horror movies. Almost all were black and white. They were classics, too. I wished I'd grabbed it.

There was a movie I started to watch about 4AM years ago on AMC that was black and white. It was creepy and atmospheric. I have no idea the name or year or anything else but I had to turn it off so the idiot I lived with could sleep. I wish I could find it again and finish it. I really liked it.

Even the movies TMC had listed for October weren't that great.

I'm on the horror subs on Reddit, and everybody is talking about the movies they've watched this year. For myself, I've been sticking to Hammer Horror. I just love those lurid things. Not terribly scary, but so so fun.

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I finally got a chance to watch Siren last night. I had no idea that the Siren in that movie was the same as the one in V/H/S.

Because we've got snow coming and I drive anywhere because my tires are bald, I'm doing my running around today. That means buying candy.

I'm going to check out a few other places to see if they have those DVDs. I really would like to see some of those old horror movies from the 30's and 40's.

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Sorry to hear about the snow, Ted! Knock on wood we're not going to get much up here...though there is some in the forecast? *sigh*

Hope everyone had a nice Halloween. I worked and it was deaaaaaaad in the store, no pun intended. (Yes, I have acquired a second job for funnsies)

I did go see Zombieland Double Tap earlier in the week and thought it was a pretty good belated follow up. I laughed. I enjoyed it. That's all that matters in my book.

Now to survive the next couple weeks. Interesting developments on my end that have had me doing a lot of scrambling and researching and nervous phone calls...but crossing my fingers it turns out well. Could mean really cool changes in my life!