Shakespeare meets Easton Ellis

Ride the Pen

Registered
Reaction score
You could say that (headline) characterizes my writing - hardcore, but with a subtile touch, ha ha! I guess Shakespeare and Ellis would have gotten along fine, if those gallons of blood William spills in his dramas are any indication...

Hi, my name is Alex, and this forum caught my attention for its sheer size - there is so much to discover here!

I'm from Austria and have been writing for a long time. I always try to avoid obvious genres, because a genre usually brings a story back to something generic that has been there a thousand times before. A story is most of the time just worth telling if it's original (there are exceptions)!

If I had to choose a genre though, it would be Horror. Stephen King is really good at what he does... like he says "Take the reader by the hand and slowly lead him along to horrific places!"

I also have a blog (click signature) in which I analyze the art of creative writing and which also features exactly tailored writing prompts.

So good writing to all of you guys - and may the muse be with you!

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Ride the Pen

Registered
Reaction score
Hey regdog,

sorry if my OP was too promotional - I corrected that and hopefully made you happy.

Best,
Alex

Last edited:

Hannah M

Me. Who else?
Registered
Reaction score
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Smiles? The word 'Shakespeare' made me smile - LOVE his plays! I borrowed a book: The Complete Works of William Shakespeare from a friend and just read my way through several plays, I love the way he writes!

Oh, almost forgot:
Hi :hi:welcome!

SunshineonMe

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Alex :welcome: I like Stephen King too. Feel free to jump in anywhere, it's pretty friendly here.

Kameea

I have a dream to become a Gaijin.
Registered
Reaction score
Hello and welcome!

Ride the Pen

Registered
Reaction score
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Smiles? The word 'Shakespeare' made me smile - LOVE his plays! I borrowed a book: The Complete Works of William Shakespeare from a friend and just read my way through several plays, I love the way he writes!

Oh, almost forgot:
Hi :hi:welcome!

Though shalt be thanketh! :)

T Robinson

Born long ago, in a different era
Registered
Reaction score
Happy?

Hey regdog,

sorry if my OP was too promotional - I corrected that and hopefully made you happy.

Best,
Alex

I think that is the first time I have seen someone try to make Regdog or any moderator happy in my time here.

Speaking only for myself, that is a thoughtful thing to do. We have members that spread happiness everywhere they go and some that spread pearls...........of wisdom.

Enjoy your time around the forums.

Ride the Pen

Registered
Reaction score
I think that is the first time I have seen someone try to make Regdog or any moderator happy in my time here.

Speaking only for myself, that is a thoughtful thing to do. We have members that spread happiness everywhere they go and some that spread pearls...........of wisdom.

Enjoy your time around the forums.

Lol, it is of the essence to make the moderators happy! ;)

Greetings!