I'm trying to talk about the life cycle of an imaginary animal. The stages go like this:
1. Egg
2. Puppy (quadrapedal stage, age 0-5)
3. Child (first bipedal stage, age 6-11)
4. Juvenile (age 12-17 is not fertile and is a different color from both children and adults)
5. Adult (age 18, reproductive cycle kicks into gear)
6. Menopause/senescence (at approximately age 60 fertility ends, healing abilities decrease, ability to build muscle ends, ability to accumulate fat stores ends, mental abilities decrease, sleep needs decrease and half-sleep trance states become more common, etc. until death occurs at approximately age 70.)

But since I'm trying to sound formal, official, and sciency, I'd like a set of terms for these stages that all come from the same root language, like Greek or Latin, and I want adjective and verb forms of them, so I can say stuff like "In the ovonic phase, blah blah..." and "Juvenation occurs at approximately age 12..." But I googled ovonic and it doesn't seem to be a word. Ovicular is apparently a word, but it sounds terrible. And there doesn't seem to be a Greek or Latin term for teenage which is distinct from that for child. Just, ugh! All I want to do is a passable impression of a discovery channel narrator. Where do they learn all those special biology terms and how to properly conjugate and decline them to the desired part of speech?