• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Green Shore Publishing

MickRooney

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.theindependentpublishingmagazine.com
Yes, indeed, he's back! Here's Adam, the boy-wonder, the clown-prince of vanity publishing comes to a virtual office near you if you live in the UK or Ireland. Having ditched Peremedes (or whatever the hell Greek name he dreamt up for it) and Purehaven, and the New York publisher encrusted in offices below the Empire State building called Raider (who haven't published a book in six months last I checked), Adam's latest exciting adventure is Greenshore Publishing, for your delicatation and delight!

Roll up, roll up...

Feast your eyes on the gushing author testimonial videos, the greenscreens with fabulous bookcase backdrops, the theatrical performances of seasoned Z actors as they tell you nothing about themselves or their books, because they are so overcome with the joys of publishing with GSP (the standard in publishing all must now live up to).

Love it, GSP, it's like GPS, but the only difference is that you or your book won't be found. Not even Google will find you.

Adam. For the love of god, give it up. You've caused enough misery to authors over the last four years.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Feast your eyes on the gushing author testimonial videos, the greenscreens with fabulous bookcase backdrops, the theatrical performances of seasoned Z actors as they tell you nothing about themselves or their books, because they are so overcome with the joys of publishing with GSP (the standard in publishing all must now live up to).

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if a trawl through Spotlight turned up a couple of GSP's alleged authors. There's something weirdly familiar about "Clive" - he looks and sounds like one of those actors you can't put a name to but who keep popping up in bit parts and commercials. I was bitterly disappointed when I put a screen cap of him though Google image search and it didn't find anything!

You may remember that although GSP told me they'd only been in business since January "Clive" says he's been with the company for a year (the video was uploaded to YouTube in April), already has a book out with them, has some book-signings set up and plans to publish with GSP again.

Last edited:

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I'm going to just go all out and use the s-word here: At first, I thought this was just a site run by misinformed newbs who had no idea what they were doing. At this point, I'm going to say outright scam.

I can understand having a site full of misinformation and lies that the owner might actually believe, but to outright lie in multiple places about the age of the company (with 10 years on the site given to make authors trust them, I would assume), and to have fake testimonials, and to claim great sales on books that don't even exist...this entire company is built on lies to lure in customers.

I don't care if everything else about their business model was on the up-and-up. This much outright deception to get authors to submit is just wrong.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
At least a google for them shows this site and Forum immediately below them.

Let's hope any folk searching for them have the savvy to scan adjacent links before stepping off the precipice.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, FFS, Adam! Here we go again:

Green Shore Publishing – Excellent Customer Service
There are many writers who never manage to see their books published, simply because they do not have the necessary funds.

It costs virtually nothing to publish through CreateSpace and similar platforms. Or you could aim at having a commercial publisher pay YOU!

Besides that, the customer service at many book publishing services is not doing what it is supposed to do – help the author and answer his/her questions.

But enough with all the inconveniences – they are not worth discussing. What is really worth it is the good news, which is Green Shore Publishing. As the company’s very motto points out, this is the UK and Ireland’s new standard in book publishing and it all starts with a truly remarkable customer support service.

Heaven help the UK and Ireland.

Regardless of your [proofreading is your friend] how many questions you might have, this team of highly skilled professionals is always eager to help you fulfill your dream of having your book published and sold throughout the word ['world' - you're welcome]. If you have any questions at all, simply contact the customer support service at Green Shore Publishing and you will receive a prompt and detailed reply.

The last time I contacted GSP to ask for the titles and ISBNs of their books they ignored my email. I simply cannot imagine why.

Also, if you think that your book is ready to meet the shelfs, ['meet the shelfs'?]send the first three chapters to Green Shore Publishing for reviewing. The customer service team will get back to you as soon as possible and chances are that your manuscript will soon become available in book stores, thus making your dream come true.
http://www.articleinput.com/green-shore-publishing-excellent-customer-service/

I couldn't find a facepalm smiley.

In case you were wondering, yes - DomainsByProxy has struck again! The articleinput.com content is virtually identical to that of the previous two blogs.

Incidentally, I find it hilarious that a Google image search for Green Shore Publishing turns up the pictures used in these absurd puff pieces and that mysterious Spanish WebsiteBuilder button...but not their logo.

Last edited:

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Meet the Shelfs. It's a more wooden version of Meet the Fockers.

Ha! That conjures up visions of the Woodentops* operating a vanity press out of their basement.

On a more serious note I've been thinking about that Spanish WebsiteBuilder button. Is it possible that the GSP site was created by someone living in Spain or another Spanish-speaking country?

*A children's TV show that was already ancient when I watched it in the mid-60s.**

**Dammit, I've as good as revealed my age.

Sixpence

Registered
Reaction score
Website
orlawritesthings.com
On a more serious note I've been thinking about that Spanish WebsiteBuilder button. Is it possible that the GSP site was created by someone living in Spain or another Spanish-speaking country?

At this point it's possible that the design and maintenance of the website was also sub-(sub-sub-?)contracted out to someone with no tangible connection to GSP.

Or that there is a similar version operating in the Spanish (ditto French, German, Dutch) market(s) and the same individual constructed all of their sites using Website Builder en Español. I'm not sure how we'd track those versions down, but given Salviani's previous operations I feel it's entirely probable that they exist.

Unhappy

Registered
Reaction score
Green Shore Publishing to be avoided please

Please, I beg all who reached this site because you wanted to know about Green Shore Publishing, not to pay them to publish your book.
Green Shore Publishing is run by none other than Adam Salviani of Raider Publishing International. His victims, of which I am one, have now made it impossible for him to trap more writers, so he has founded Green Shore Publishing which he has based in London.
Should he ever reach the stage where he actually puts your book out on the Internet, believe me, he will *not* ever pay you royalties. In fact, once he has trapped you, you will never hear from him again.
I have Adam Salviani's signature which is the signature on Green Shore Publishing's website.
I have succeeded in having four books published since I ran into the dark deep trap which Salviani sets for his victims. I did not pay the publisher to publish these four books.
I did try to take Salviani to court, but alas, the lawyer I had hired and to whom I had paid a retainer of $500 then also did not honour our contract. My only weapon now is to expose Salviani wherever and whenever I can.
If you who are reading this wish for more information about Salviani, you can find me on facebook or on my website - marilynztomlins dot com.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Marilyn, welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear about your awful experience with Adam Salviani.

Would you mind posting a photo of Salviani's signature on the Raider contract? Not that there's any real doubt that he's the founder of GSP, but it would be helpful to compare it with the signature on the GSP contract.

There's also a Raider thread here:
http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22776

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Just in case the folks at GSP are tempted to take down their video testimonials - Raider has been known to do this - I thought it might be prudent to make transcripts of the three little gems on their website. Bear in mind that the videos were uploaded to YouTube in April 2014 and a GSP representative told me the company had only been operating since January 2014:

"Jack"
Hi there, internet viewers, my name is Jack and my latest book is being published by Green Shore Publishing right here in the UK. I’d be the first to admit that I’m not always the easiest person to work with when it comes to these kinds of things, but Green Shore was there to help me whenever I needed them. If I were you I would send them your book, I’m sure you’ll be happy with the treatment that you receive.

Try reading this in Father Dougal's voice. "Down with these kinds of things!"

"Clive"
Hello everyone, my name is Clive and I’ve had the good fortune to be working with a great bunch of people at Green Shore Publishing. Now, I’ve been with them over the last year and they’ve done a fantastic job on my book and I couldn’t be happier with the results. In fact, they’ve even lined up some book signings next month, all down to them, and I’m absolutely thrilled. I’m going to be working with them again, and really I can’t recommend them highly enough. So that’s, er, Green Shore Publishing. Thanks very much and I hope this review helps. Cheers.

"Richard"
Green Shore Publishing took my book to the next level. When they asked me to do this testimonial I didn’t hesitate to respond as they’ve done wonders for me and my book. I’ve seen my book on the shelves at Waterstones and it’s something I’m so proud of. They’re working hard for me and I’m sure they will for you too.

They're not even trying, are they? "Clive" even seems to be having difficulty remembering the name of his publisher! And it's interesting that "Richard" doesn't even give his first name. I suspect this may be because the other two are actors and "Richard" isn't - he can also be seen in a YouTube ad for Forex Trading Writers, a company he actually worked for. Of course, this raises the question of why he's pimping a non-existent book for GSP. Could he be working for them now?

ETA: Adam's been busy again!

Green Shore Publishing - Access Your Bars
accessyourbars.com/time-take-writing-next-level-green-shore-publishing...
If you're bogged down in your writing and not making any head way [headway] in getting your book recognized then take a look at Green Shore Publishing.

IT’S TIME TO TAKE YOUR WRITING TO THE NEXT LEVEL WITH GREEN SHORE PUBLISHING
access | July 17, 2014 | Arts, Interesting | No Comments

For writers, one of the most frustrating things in the world is not being able to have their works read. These writers may have the best story in the world that can make your imagination run wild and open emotions that you may not have even known about. They simple [simply] don’t have the publishing [is there a word missing here?] that is needed in order to get their work noticed. However, there are publishing companies that will take your work and push it into the world so you’ll get the popularity and promotions you need. One of the best publishers to do this is Green Shore Publishing. Check them out today if you have a story that you need to tell. They have an upload spot [button?] available right on their front page so you can get started right away.
http://accessyourbars.com/time-take-writing-next-level-green-shore-publishing.shtml

Yes, I also read the url as "access your bras". Although if you fall for Salviani's sales pitch you probably will feel like accessing several bars to drown your sorrows.

Last edited:

Sixpence

Registered
Reaction score
Website
orlawritesthings.com
So ham-fisted: "...open emotions that you may not even have known about"?!
That one has me baffled. Whoops! I am feeling...a thing...? I do not know what this thing I am feeling is. To the thesaurus with me! (Note to self, be careful to not overuse said thesaurus and needlessly replace the word "button" with "spot".)

Am also unsure that I'd want anyone to "take (my) work and push it into the world" because that's a confusing notion that seems to somehow conflate birth and snake oil salesmen.

Poor old greenscreened-into-a-study Clive can probably be forgiven for having trouble with the name of his "publisher", those "testimonials" look like very cheap single-take jobs. I mean, they couldn't even agree on a specific style. It's as though they were all sold on having a white backdrop but then someone found an extra £50 and they went all-out with Clive.

I've had a couple of messages on Twitter from someone trying to make me aware of Salviani (I tweeted about GSP a couple of times) - referred them here. Whenever I hear about someone taken in by people like him it makes me angry and sad all at once. I'm not sure those are the kinds of emotions GSP want to "open" up, but that's what they're doing.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Poor old greenscreened-into-a-study Clive can probably be forgiven for having trouble with the name of his "publisher", those "testimonials" look like very cheap single-take jobs. I mean, they couldn't even agree on a specific style. It's as though they were all sold on having a white backdrop but then someone found an extra £50 and they went all-out with Clive.

God, yes. They really pushed the boat out with that one. If it wasn't for Clive's strange flickering aura it would have fooled me completely!

I've just watched Jack's testimonial again. Look at his facial expression in the few seconds after he's finished speaking - do I detect a hint of "I can't believe I'm reduced to doing this crap, I thought I'd be a regular on Eastenders by now"?

Unhappy

Registered
Reaction score
Marilyn, welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear about your awful experience with Adam Salviani.

Would you mind posting a photo of Salviani's signature on the Raider contract? Not that there's any real doubt that he's the founder of GSP, but it would be helpful to compare it with the signature on the GSP contract.

There's also a Raider thread here:
http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22776
I planned to add Salviani's signature, but did not know how to do so. I will email it to you and you can then post it here. Marilyn

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
I've just watched Jack's testimonial again. Look at his facial expression in the few seconds after he's finished speaking - do I detect a hint of "I can't believe I'm reduced to doing this crap, I thought I'd be a regular on Eastenders by now"?

If he'd only finished with "you muppet!", he could have used it as an audition tape.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Here's Salviani's Raider and GSP signatures side by side:

raidersig_zps5e67320b.jpg

GSPsig_zps1a918ae9.jpg

Oh, Adam. You silly, silly boy.

ETA: There's a new blog post by Mick Rooney about GSP:
http://www.theindependentpublishingmagazine.com/2014/07/rpi-now-trying-to-directly-lure-uk.html

I found this bit particularly interesting:

TIPM has also learned—just this past week—that RPI titles are no longer being listed and distributed through Ingram, which was RPI's main distribution network for print-on-demand books. The decision to cancel RPI's account was made by Ingram. This pretty much explains why RPI's output has ceased over the past eight months. http://www.theindependentpublishing...to-directly-lure-uk.html#sthash.gAVxbNtB.dpuf

Assuming that GSP really intends to publish any books, I wonder if they hoped that by keeping Salviani's name off the record they could make a fresh start with Ingram? Remember, if it hadn't been for Mike99 submitting to both Raider and GSP we might never have discovered whose signature was on the GSP contract.

Last edited:

Sixpence

Registered
Reaction score
Website
orlawritesthings.com
Well, then.

That is not just the same signature, it's the EXACT same signature. Methinks he has it saved in Adobe Reader for use on all electronic docs.

WHOOPS!

Silly, not clever and :Jaw:

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Honestly, the GSP website might as well be written in Comic Sans. And look at the URLs of their off-site ads and "testimonials":

Green Shore Publishing – Looking For The Best Publishing ...
www.blogfirstteam.org/green-shore-publishing-looking-for-the-best-pub...
by Handry Swastika - 9 Jul 2014 - Green Shore Publishing – Looking For The Best Publishing

Swastika really is an Indonesian surname but it's not a word any Western publisher wants to be associated with.

The Sustainable Design Corporation was a California business whose owner cheated people out of money and performed sub-standard work.

Unfortunate connotations of drinking to forget a bad publishing decision.

Speaks for itself.

Sixpence

Registered
Reaction score
Website
orlawritesthings.com
I can see what they've been trying to do, they're looking to up their search ranking by using backlinks from other sites (remember Handry II's promise to offer 200 backlinks to improve Alexa ranking?). What they want is for enough articles using their URL and the word "publishing" or "publisher" on the internet to push them up in the rankings whenever anyone searches for either of those words. Better to be on the first few pages of a search than buried 40+ pages in.

As far as I know, the URL of the referring site is irrelevant (hence the random collection of for-pay posts on myriad subjects that can be found at any of the URLs GSP's "publicists" have been using). These sites we've seen GSP puff pieces on are essentially article directories. Very badly-written-article directories.

Happily, this method of artificially weighting links is not really working.

Using the backlink search in google, typing link:greenshorepublishing.com/home-page.html gives zero results. In contrast, trying link:absolutewrite.com/forums (even though that's very non-specific) returns 94 results.

Their tactic might have worked better a few years ago. Google made changes to its algorithm 2-3 years ago that made article/web link directories far less valuable in terms of backlink weighting than more organic methods. They did this specifically to prevent article sites and "web directories" from artificially inflating a sites ranking.

Handry et al are therefore providing a service that will be of zero benefit to GSP. Even if their articles were beautifully written, they still sold Salviani a pup. Well done them.

(I'm not sure I've explained this very well, I'm taking most of my info from sites that sang the praises of such services until July 2012 and then dropped them because of the algorithm changes.)

Last edited:

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for that explanation, Sixpence. It's good to know that GSP's nefarious plan isn't working and that all they're doing is providing giggle fodder for people like me.

(Giggle Fodder - the name of my new band. If only Helix wasn't on the other side of the planet we could do a gig with Questionable Testimonials.)

Another blog post about GSP by Victoria Stauss is coming soon, by the way!

Sixpence

Registered
Reaction score
Website
orlawritesthings.com
Thanks for that explanation, Sixpence. It's good to know that GSP's nefarious plan isn't working and that all they're doing is providing giggle fodder for people like me.

(Giggle Fodder - the name of my new band. If only Helix wasn't on the other side of the planet we could do a gig with Questionable Testimonials.)

Am glad it made some kind of sense.

Love the band names too.

GSP may as well pack up now if they're being posted about on Writer Beware - I'm looking forward to reading the article! :D

LindaJeanne

On a small world west of wonder
Registered
Reaction score
(deleted due to reading comprehension fail -- point had already been made, and there was no benefit in repeating it.)

Awesome! Can't wait.

Last edited:

Sixpence

Registered
Reaction score
Website
orlawritesthings.com
Just noticed your link to Mick's post, a great read. I am also having some derp today, evidently!
Great news about Ingram cutting ties with RPI too, that's pretty damning.

Also great to see GSP added to the SFWA nope list.

Here's hoping all of this steers people (and their work, and their money) away from the dubious offerings of GSP.

Last edited: