Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
I'm starting a monthly newsletter...

After lo, these many years, I've decided to start a monthly (once per) newsletter. This is really just for fun and to provide a creative outlet without the stress of a blog (which I haven't done regularly for a few years now). And I don't have a book in the works. (I want to spend more time outdoors, not hunched over a keyboard!) Here's the signup:

My Terrible Newsletter of Happiness

I chose MailChimp since it's free up to 2K subscribers, and I have no illusions ;). And I can use their templates to create the newsletters to send out directly. So yay me! I'm planning to send a late August inaugural newsletter, then follow up with my September around the first week (after the U.S. Labor Day holiday). And then go from there.

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
First Newsletter Out!

My Terrible Newsletter of Happiness, Issue #1 - My Pint-Sized Nemesis is up, if anyone would like to check it out. I'm really doing this for fun, but also to share cool things I come across. This one was done in a hurry because of a time-sensitive link, but I'm planning to have links to my books at the bottom of the page for the next one. I've gotten some very good feedback from subscribers already--and I was not expecting that at all. So I'm feeling a little pleased with myself. ;)

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
So, Margaret, I tried to sign up for your email list and couldn't. :(

I thought you should know, since I'm sure others will want to as well. And please add me to your subscribers.

ETA: maybe consider having a newsletter sign up on your site, right under your Facebook, Twitter, goodreads, and Pinterest. Or even at the top of that list.

Last edited:

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
Cathleen, that's strange. I just used the link, and I was able to sign up using my other email address (using the link on post #226). I do have a sign-up on my Facebook author page and also pinned at the top of my Twitter account. I'm having technical issues with my website at the moment, but I do plan to add the sign-up on my website eventually. :)

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
Hey, happy New Year, everyone!

So just for the heck of it, I'm using some of my Kindle free days:
Free 1/8 - 1/9 My Terrible Book of Happiness https://amzn.to/2LWZ7G8
Free 1/8 -1/12 Normalish YA https://amzn.to/2TC5h0W
Free 1/8 -1/12 My Friends Are All Strange YA https://amzn.to/2VGhW51

I was curious to see what would happen if I made them free without paying for advertising promos (because they're free!), and, sure enough, when I checked KDP this morning, I already had some downloads. So somehow people find free books. I tweeted once and put a note on Facebook. I'm going to see how many total downloads I get without having paid. Really just for kicks. And very disorganized (i.e., don't necessarily do what I do). ;)