• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta for first three chapters of High Fantasy ~ 16k words

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiender

Registered
Reaction score
Hello! I am currently looking for some readers to take a look at the first three chapters of my high fantasy, so I can get an idea of what I'm doing right, what I'm doing wrong and where I can go from here. So, critique about the story, characters, writing, just about anything that you can notice while reading. Also, I'm a bit concerned about the length of each chapter and I'd like some opinions on how I might better break them up.

The story starts with a woman who awakens in a cell, with no memory of how she got there. I have the first chunk of chapter one posted in SYW, so you can take a look at that first to get an idea if it's your think or not (link in my signature!)

I would of course be willing to do a swap if you'd like for a comparable amount of writing (around 16,000 words). I like science fiction and fantasy of just about any kind, including YA. I must say though, I am not a fan or stories where a romance is a major part of the plot, so I don't believe I'd be the best reader for those

So yeah, post here if you're interested and I'll get in touch, or you can send me a PM. Thank you!! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.