Game: How well do you know your Main Villain?

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
What does your villain respect most about their parents?

Ace: Umm....

Big Bad: Umm.......

Okay, neither of them really respects their parents. They long to be recognized as beautiful and/or brilliant by them. Ace wants to be loved by his dad, and Big Bad thinks he does. But neither trusts his dad to doing anything without their help. As for moms, Ace washes his hands of his, who left him and his dad. Big Bad killed his, but probably has more respect for her than for his dad. He at least continues to listen to her after her death.

What kind of toppings does your villain want on their pizza?

Robots

In the future where will I be ?
Registered
Reaction score
He would probably put entire chicken wings or a leg on it... :eek:

Does your main villain care a lot about money ?

flarue

Dreaming of Waltzes & Fantasy Lands
Registered
Reaction score
Does your main villain care a lot about money ?

T: Yes, it’s an absolute necessity for him. How else will he take care of her properly? How will he pay off those who discover his shameful secret or those whose services he requires? How else will he care for his extended family? How will he otherwise travel the world, in search of “the traitor”? Money is practically everything in his life!

C: He’s a spoiled and entitled rich kid-- of course! Money will also surely come in handy for those times he’s gotten himself into some trouble, like the infamous “rug incident,” or in case he needs a lawyer (thankfully, B’s dad is a great one, so he doesn’t have to look too far to find representation).

Does your villain have a sidekick (example: Le Fou, for Gaston, in Disney’s Beauty & The Beast), or does (s)he work alone?

Last edited:

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Does your villain have a sidekick (example: Le Fou, for Gaston, in Disney’s Beauty & The Beast), or does (s)he work alone?

Ace always talks about getting minions. He tries to enlist Danny/Davey/whathisname, but Evie foiled that. And all those vigilantes were going to be his minions, but the best he ever managed to do was make...friends. But in a Le Fou context, Bug could be considered a sidekick.

Big Bad doesn't need anybody, except he had to create Ace as an avatar. Not a sidekick. Merely a puppet. He actually does make a minion out of Bug.

If your villain could take out one government leader (real or fictional), who would it be?

Jml42

new fish;learning about algal bloom
Registered
Reaction score
The Matriarch would imagine a world without all corrupt leaders. But where to start? She would never do something so public. Besides, how’s she to know what the people of the world need? No, she would only fight for her own people, but not physically if at all possible. She would rule with shadows and strings. Half the world is always in darkness. That’s where she would be. And if a leader threatened her people, her eye’s wouldn’t dilate until he’d be a puppet who hanged himself on his own strings.

Is your villian more afraid that someone will find the skeletons in their closet, or that no one will?

Last edited:

Robots

Registered
Reaction score
He is quite torn regarding that. Although he needs absolute secrecy to operate (and indeed doesn't hesitate to eliminate anyone who could undermine that secrecy), he does want the world to eventually recognize his genius.

Is your villain a family man/woman ?

RolandWrites

SFF Author, Neurodiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Is your villain a family man/woman ?

Mace really wishes he could be. He joined up with the Big Bad when he was younger and now he's a sort of reluctant villain who can't see a way out. He wants to have a family one day when he's done realizing BB's vision of the future.

Has your villain ever been frightened by his own actions?

Robots

Registered
Reaction score
Not yet, but there will come a point in the future when he will begin to see what damage has been done - and how dearly his own actions have cost him.

What kind of political party (left, centrist, right, ecological, liberal etc.) would your villain most likely vote for ?

(sorry, I have extremely slow internet and the text functions like Bold don't load !)

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
(Robots, try using [ B ] and [/ b ] without the spaces. That way you won't need buttons)

What kind of political party (left, centrist, right, ecological, liberal etc.) would your villain most likely vote for ?

Big Bad doesn't really think anyone should be in charge of anything but him, so he doesn't really subscribe to a political party.

I think that Ace would vote more on the left side of things, if he paid attention to elections. I can't see him caring about the things the folks on the right care about. He might just be independent, though.

What would be the title of your villain's memoirs/biography?

flarue

Registered
Reaction score
What would be the title of your villain's memoirs/biography?

T’s would probably be called What I Did For Love.

T: “Oh, sure, flarue. That doesn’t make me sound entirely sappy or anything.”
:rolleyes

It’s nice to have a hobby. Does your villain collect anything? ... Coins? Stamps? Toys? The heads of his/her victims? Wait, what?

Last edited:

Robots

Registered
Reaction score
My villain collects choices.

Does your villain have a redeeming feature ?

Aerythia

Registered
Reaction score

It really depends on how shallow you are. Astoren is unbelievably beautiful. Perfect features, lightly muscular body, golden hair, resplendent wings, the whole package really. Underneath all that is a being so twisted he destroyed a Goddess, sucked the life from an entire country and enslaved an whole race just so he could live a bit longer...

RolandWrites

SFF Author, Neurodiverse
Registered
Reaction score

Mace is sensitive. He's a reluctant villain, so he really questions whether he wants to be part of the Big Bad's plot by the time we get to see his POV. He wears his emotions easily, which is both redeeming for him because it makes him human but also a flaw in the business he's in.

Do you have a mentor or someone you model yourself after?

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Do you have a mentor or someone you model yourself after?

Ace models himself after the Big Bad, although he doesn’t know it. But he fights that over time. Other than that, he’d say he’s an original.

Your villain just found out the hard work they just put into something was for nothing (not needed, done already, foiled immediately, etc.). What is their reaction?

Robots

Registered
Reaction score
He would be terribly angry underneath, but attempt to contain his anger in public and compose himself very quickly. If it wasn't his own failure, he would cold-heartedly fire or punish those responsible, then calmly sit back in his chair and begin scheming again.

If your villain were to read this thread, what would he think of all the other villains desrcibed here ? :D

flarue

Registered
Reaction score
If your villain were to read this thread, what would he think of all the other villains desrcibed here ? :D

Oh boy, this should be fun... (Sorry for the lengthy post. A creative question like that deserves an equally crazy post!)

Flarue: “Hey, T.”

T: “Please go away. I’m busy laying some groundwork, here.”

*Reads over his shoulder*
Flarue: “It looks more like you’re texting the protagonist...?”

T: “Exactly. I know what I doing.”

Flarue: “All right. Well, as long as you’re on your phone, will you please login to AbsoluteWrite and read the Villians thread, on the YA sub forum?”

T: “You know, I’m really not that fond of the Internet, except mainly for keeping tabs on certain people. Besides, it seems like every time you have me go on that blasted site, you either embarrass me with fabrications about moths that grant wishes, or I get in trouble. Do you know that I had to change my service provider because I threatened to “end” someone on there? You do realize I’m holding a new phone in my hand, right? That wasn’t because I love this technology.”

Flarue: “I’m sorry, that was unfortunate, however, as your author, I would really like you to take a look at this question and tell everyone what you think of the other villains on the thread.”

T: “That sounds rather dull.”

Flarue: “Well, maybe it will inspire some new ideas.”

T: “Ideas? Do you honestly think that I like being considered a villain? Most of the things that I’ve done, or allowed to happen, were either out of necessity, or beyond my control. You know for a fact that I’m still having nightmares about that thing that happened one-hundred years ago.”

Flarue: “What about the things you did back at home? And don’t give me that look— you know what I'm referring to. You know, I could rewrite those chapters and have your mother find out that it was your fault that—“

T: “Fine! Fine! Don’t get excited. Put down that pen. I’ll read your thread...”

*Half an hour later*

T: “Well, those are some interesting characters, I’ll give you that. Do I have to give my opinions on all of them?”

Flarue: “Why don’t you just talk about the ones that stick out the most in your mind?”

T: “All right. Well, some of them aren’t what I would call villains, either. I could definitely relate to some of their stories, like that one who’s a model. It sounds like all he wants is love. He’s obviously been misunderstood, here. How can wanting love be such a bad thing?... As for some of the others, Mace is reluctantly a villain; I definitely know what that feels like... Really, I would say that many of them are just misunderstood. We’re definitely heroes, not villains.”

Flarue: Are you saying you would support some of them?”

T: “Certainly, as long as they weren’t foiling my own agendas. Yes, some of these characters are relatable. I’m intrigued by The Matriarch, who seems to pull a lot of strings to make things happen; I’ve done my share of that. I like all of the characters who use manipulation; those are my people.... As for Astoren, I don’t agree with his methods, but I would love to sit down with him and ask how that long-life is treating him. I’m not a god, but as a type of immortal myself, I find it really isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. In fact, there are periods where it’s rather dull and lonely. I wonder if he ever feels the same?”

Flarue: “Good to know. Anyone you wouldn’t relate to on the thread?”

T: “There are a few, certainly. The leader of that cave tribe from thousands of years ago, seems too thick-headed for me. It would take far too long to explain the rules of chess to him, though I suppose if I had a time machine he would be interesting to study from afar, for scientific purposes. I guess I wouldn’t know what to do with a robot either, unless I could program it to do something actually useful for my own devices, like capture my favorite traitor.”

Flarue: “Who would you like to know more about?”

T: What is this? An interview? Ugh... Well... I suppose the character that Robots keeps posting about, had me at chicken wings on pizza. I may have to order a pie now because it’s time for me to eat again, soon. Also, I would like to know more about “collecting choices” as a hobby.

Flarue: “Is there anyone here who terrifies you?”

T: “Terrifies me? My own horror story has enough of that to last me a lifetime, though I would probably want to avoid the lunati— uh, I mean, gentleman, who set his own author on fire a few pages back. I certainly wouldn’t want to anger him, though on second thought... having him on my side, if I could lock “the traitor” in a room for a few hours, might be mildly entertaining...”*Chuckles*

Flarue: “Okay... umm... well, thanks for your time. You can go back to your text messages, now. By the way, she likes musicals, if that helps.”

T: Thanks. Well, you do surprise me, Flarue. It’s nice to know that you can contribute something useful, from time to time.”

Flarue: “I’ll pretend that was a compliment.”

T: “You do that.”

Does your villain ever show mercy to anyone, or does (s)he consider that a foreign concept?

Last edited:

Nogetsune

Registered
Reaction score
"Kitty," as she calls herself, often shows what could be construed as a form of "mercy"....though the motivation behind it has nothing to do with an actual desire to be merciful. She is motivated by a need to experience the thrill of challenge; something that for most of her life has been illusive and foreign to her as a result of her vast wealth/monied family name, genius mind, and extremely strong special powers. Being born with both nature and nurture that assured she never had to work hard for anything, she is an exceptionally spoiled and bored person who sates her boredom with games. Everything in her life she frames as a game, and as a result she will often artificially limit herself and even purposefully give her enemies advantages over her just to make the "game" more engaging. On the surface, this looks like she's trying to give her enemies a fair shot/assure even odds. However, its very much selfishly motivated by her own desire for pleasure/a cure to her boredom, and not out of any goodness, code of honor, or belief in fairness.

If your villain was born into a position of wealth and/or power (I.E. being royalty, a corporate heir/heiress, a deity or chosen of a deity, a super with very strong powers, an innately strong/powerful magic user etc...) would they still have grown up to become villain if they where born into a working class or even poor family, and with significantly weaker or even no magic/powers?

Last edited:

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
If your villain was born into a position of wealth and/or power (I.E. being royalty, a corporate heir/heiress, a deity or chosen of a deity, a super with very strong powers, an innately strong/powerful magic user etc...) would they still have grown up to become villain if they where born into a working class or even poor family, and with significantly weaker or even no magic/powers?
The question is redundant to Big Bad since the fact that he had had no powers in a world of superhumans and felt powerless in his home life was the reason he became a villain. Now would he have become a villain if he had been born with powers or more power in his life? That's a different question. The former, probably. The latter, probably not.

Speaking of which:
Does your villain believe in nature or nurture? If they were raised under different circumstances, would they still be a villain? Were they born that way?

RolandWrites

SFF Author, Neurodiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Does your villain believe in nature or nurture? If they were raised under different circumstances, would they still be a villain? Were they born that way?

Mace is only a villain because of the circumstances he finds himself in. His parents were wonderful and loving. He was poor growing up, but he had a lot of good in his home, so it was okay. But his parents had a type of magic that was feared, and so they were killed. He narrowly escaped and hopped a ship across the sea. In the new country, his magic is wholly unique, and that made him a target for the Big Bad to use as a pawn. If his parents had never been killed, he would never have been in the position to meet the Big Bad, and he would never have been a villain.

What does your villain daydream about?

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
What does your villain daydream about?

Ace daydreams about Evie. Pretty much exclusively. Maybe sometimes about doing father-son stuff, if he even could imagine such a thing. More likely about running a villains' league. But mostly? Him and Evie together.

The power goes out in the middle of your villain's big plan. What do they do?

flarue

Registered
Reaction score
The power goes out in the middle of your villain's big plan. What do they do?

T: He finds it a bit of a nuisance, but he’s not particularly concerned. His night vision is not only fantastic, but he can see bioluminescence well of those like him (both side effects), in dark settings. It shouldn’t really hinder things much, if at all. Besides, there are such things as matches, candles, flashlights, and cell phones to help with that. An advantage to this new century!

C: He figures as long as he can keep track of his target, it just simplifies things a bit. There are less chances of credible witnesses when it’s dark, and it might even lessen any guilty feelings he has afterward, since he can’t see well. He tells his target not to worry, that it will be more romantic this way...

C does find it annoying that he can’t charge his phone, though, and if the power’s out at home, too, and the backup generator didn’t kick in for some reason, he won’t be able to use any electronics or open the fridge either (at least not without his dad yelling at him).

What does your villain do when (s)he needs to unwind for the day?

Last edited:

Nogetsune

Registered
Reaction score
"Kitty": She retreats into working on completing her VRMMO, Youkai Acadamy, or playing an actually complete VRMMO, or watches some anime and/or reads some light novels or manga. She lives her life largely in the fantasy world machines and technology have provided her, and feels most at ease when removed from reality entirely and kept away from having attend to her responsibilities and deal with the ramifications of her own actions and sins.

"Masquerade": Seeing as his alternate, non-cyberterrorist alias is a very wealthy and influential executive in the company villain #1 (Kitty)/the Protagonist owns, he likes to unwind by having a good meal and glass of fine wine while watching the shoreline on his beachfront property, taking in the beauty of the small vestige of nature he's managed to preserve in an artificial, disposable world of neon lights, plastic, metal, and machines. He also enjoys consuming classic movies, television and music.

Your villain's empire/kingdom, corporate state, evil hellscape dimension or other form of controlled territory is attacked by Godzilla or some other kind of similar Kaiju monster seemingly out of nowhere. How do they respond to the threat?

Last edited:

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Your villain's empire/kingdom, corporate state, evil hellscape dimension or other form of controlled territory is attacked by Godzilla or some other kind of similar Kaiju monster seemingly out of nowhere. How do they respond to the threat?

Not gonna lie, Big Bad would completely panic at this. I mean, how could Godzilla even get into his control room? And he worked too hard to set this place up to have some imaginary monster come thrashing through it. It'll probably get all of them killed.

Then he'll realize that Godzilla couldn't have gotten there without help. And that the imaginary monster has to be, indeed, imaginary. And that he has more control over this space than the most likely culprit--Ace. And he'll vanish the monster before it can do any more harm. And, whether it was Ace's fault or not, punish him severely for it.

What's your villain's biggest source of stress?

Azdaphel

Registered
Reaction score
What's your villain's biggest source of stress?

Dying in peaceful times. For the dragon Ascalon, a peaceful world is a slowly dying world. The strong go weaker, the weak multiply. Only in war and conflict, the future of the world can be built, and the weak will grow strong enough to build it. Ascalon revels in battle, it is his source of pleasure. Peace stress him like it was the approach of death.

Does your villain know fear?

Nogetsune

Registered
Reaction score
Yes for both of them. “Kitty” fears both having to face her responsibilities, and also suffered through an extremely traumatic incident in her youth where she awoke her powers and had no control over them. That incident, known as the “breakdown incident,” or “breakdown hazzard” caused a large swath of land to become a place where reality simply dosen’t function as it should and is fractured and warped. Said incident also created monsters known as “breakdown horrors” that still plague the world. Needless to say she has repressed much of those memories, but it is a well known fact that she inadvertently slaughtered millions, and is feared by the public as a effectively a walking nuke, bearing the title of “genocide maiden.” Her story is used as a cautionary tale to young ESPers about ththe importance of controlling and restraining their powers, and she is something of an urban legend/scary story in the flesh, at least in the eyes of the lower classes that live far removed from her and the wealthy people that have the privilege of accessing her.

As a result, she fears what she is, and what she could be, yet part of her just wants to go “fuck it” and be the monster everybody says she is. However, her fear of what she could do thankfully holds her back.

As for “Masquerade”, he fears defeat above all else. He is risking everything he holds dear to achieve his goal, and he came from a place where failure and weakness meant death.

What, if any, of the seven heavenly virtues does your villain embody or possess?

Last edited: