Game: How well do you know your Main Villain?

Emermouse

Registered
Reaction score
He wouldn't know what to do with himself. He has sacrificed everything for this goal. He is going to accomplish this goal or he will die; there is no halfway for him.

Do they do any form of arts and crafts as a way of decompressing? Which ones?

Antipode91

Registered
Reaction score
Pahaha what a wonderfully juxtapose question.

He carves chess tables in his spare time.

If your villain went to a thanksgiving dinner with his family, what would he talk about with him?

ambmae

Registered
Reaction score
If your villain went to a thanksgiving dinner with his family, what would he talk about with him?[/QUOTE]

She wouldn't know what to say, she can't remember her parents and would be shocked to find out how ordinary they were. She would probably tell them to go straight back to where they came from.

If your villain were to participate in an extreme sport. What would it be?

Fullon_v4.0

Shard Knight
Registered
Reaction score
Website
rtdriver90.tumblr.com
General Straum

"I greatly admire Earth's Rugby...but it would be better if all of the players were bound to one side of the field and forced into my service or destroyed.......Oh please don't give me that look. They have a choice in the matter, and the ones that pick to live win."

What's your villian's type when looking for a significant other?

flarue

Dreaming of Waltzes & Fantasy Lands
Registered
Reaction score
What's your villian's type when looking for a significant other?

T: "You people just like to torture me, don't you? :e2bummed: Seriously, why do you do this to me? Haven't I been through enough pain? Fine. I'll answer. I like women with a beautiful heart, dark eyes, dark brown hair, and pale, alabaster skin, who stimulate me intellectually and can make me laugh. Don't get any ideas though, Ladies."

flarue: "You know, if you quit your villainous ways, you'd probably do quite well on The Bachelor."

T: "What is this? Another one of your ridiculous pop culture references that I don't get, Flarue? You know I don't have time for most of those... unless it's beneficial to me somehow. Is it?"

flarue: "Never mind. Just go back to your scheming and brooding. C, what about you? Do you have a type?"

C: "Virginal, bookish, intellectual girls. Brunettes, especially."

flarue: "..."

flarue: "B? Please tell me you have a less creepy answer."

B: "Cute, feisty girls. They're more of a challenge, and they squirm even more when you bite them."

flarue: "Sorry I asked..." :Wha::e2zipped:

What makes your villain feel vulnerable?

Last edited:

travelgal

Registered
Reaction score
T:

What makes your villain feel vulnerable?

Being alone or contemplating being thrown into foster care. She'd been abandoned by her mother, her dad never sees her and her step-mother had kicked her out after some punks (ordered by the MC) had shorn her hair (she'd slept with someone's husband).

Why does your villain despise or go after your MC?

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Why does your villain despise or go after your MC?

(One of the few questions I can answer about it. It doesn't have much drive other than this one)

The villain was once a human that was lost in a dark dimension and was taken over by the darkness there. Until one day, this young teen pulled him from that dimension and reintroduced him to Earth with a working that would allow him to use the teen as a battery to power him as he took over the dead body the boy was trying to reanimate. A meddling ghost ruined the summoning, but the dark entity refused to return to its dimension and stayed in an in-between place, waiting until the day it could return to Earth and fulfill the summoning.

Three and a half years later, that teen accidentally reinstated the summoning, and the dark entity used the teen's powers against him to return to the Earth, searching for that person he was supposed to take over long ago. It targeted her family, which was also the teen's family, and eventually the teen himself to finish off the working. Infecting the teen with darkness and turning him into one of the lost is a side effect the entity doesn't care about as long as it gets to stay on Earth.

It also couldn't care less about the other MC.

What is your villain thankful for?

travelgal

Registered
Reaction score
What sort of music does your villain enjoy?

Pop: Abba, the Carpenters, Bee Gees, Elvis Presely, etc. She can sing them, too.

What were your villain's dreams when she was a child? Had they been fulfilled? If not, why not?

Last edited:

flarue

Registered
Reaction score
What were your villain's dreams when she was a child? Had they been fulfilled? If not, why not?

Well, they were starting to be fulfilled, but now they are on permanent hold. He was happily married and ready to begin a family (a part of his dreams was starting his own one day), but that got dashed to pieces by one awful twist of fate. Why wouldn't the traitor help him? He wasn't asking for much; he only needed a little bit to help her, but nooooo. Now, his dreams have become a waking nightmare, one that he has to live with everyday until he finds what he needs.

Has your villain ever stolen something?

Last edited:

flarue

Registered
Reaction score
Has your villain ever stolen something?

And... I killed the thread again. Hooray for me.;) I guess I'll answer and post another question.

When "the traitor" wouldn't help him, T had no choice but to break-in and try to take what he needed by force; he only needed a little bit of the stuff. Was that too much to ask?! Too bad the traitor caught him in the act. This whole stupid thing cat and mouse game would never have happened if he could have had it to begin with.

What sort of education/formal training does your villain have (if any)?

neandermagnon

Nolite timere, consilium callidum habeo!
Registered
Reaction score
And... I killed the thread again. Hooray for me.;) I guess I'll answer and post another question.

When "the traitor" wouldn't help him, T had no choice but to break-in and try to take what he needed by force; he only needed a little bit of the stuff. Was that too much to ask?! Too bad the traitor caught him in the act. This whole stupid thing cat and mouse game would never have happened if he could have had it to begin with.

What sort of education/formal training does your villain have (if any)?

As it's 40,000 years ago, there's no formal education or training, but as a small boy he learned to make tools, gather food and hunt and trap small animals, make and use a spear and atlatl, then as an adolescent he learned to hunt big animals with the men. He also taught himself a lot about how to manipulate people and get his own way and make the other kids scared of him and control them, so by the time he reached adulthood, he was an expert.

How does your villain feel about his/her parent(s)?

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As it's 40,000 years ago, there's no formal education or training, but as a small boy he learned to make tools, gather food and hunt and trap small animals, make and use a spear and atlatl, then as an adolescent he learned to hunt big animals with the men. He also taught himself a lot about how to manipulate people and get his own way and make the other kids scared of him and control them, so by the time he reached adulthood, he was an expert.

How does your villain feel about his/her parent(s)?

He doesn't feel anything. He never knew them. His only family feeling is one of deep resentment against his twin sister, whom he holds responsible for the mutilation of his arm. Her presence at his side is tolerated only because she can help him achieve more territory to rule, but she will be disposed of as soon as she is of no further political use

How does your villain maintain his authority?

Nogetsune

Registered
Reaction score
Through manipulation. Their “authority” is not of a political or economic nature, but rather a psychological one. The one with the actual worldly authority, who is one of the two protagonists, derives it from her special powers, which may as well make her a goddess. In fact, the villain only exsists because Alice (the aforementioned protagonist) created her and the rest of the monsters with her powers, and as a result if she wanted to she could end their entire exsistence on a whim. However, she is also in an extremely fragile and easy to manipulate mental stat when she creates the monsters, and is already pretty prone to being taken advantage of when in a healthier state of mind. So to preserve her own life and that of her fellow monsters, Nyako both shows kindness to Alice, but also feeds her constant lies about her family, her powers, and the world in general, and uses her own negative self-image and guilt against her. Alice may be stronger than Nyako in terms of supernatural power, however, the little cat-monster none the less is the dominant one in their relationship due to her manipulations, to the point Alice has no clue how strong she actually is or how desperately her older sister (the other protagonist) is fighting to save her. (And all of reality in the process)

What does your villain think of nihilism?

Pancubuzz

Registered
Reaction score
Through manipulation. Their “authority” is not of a political or economic nature, but rather a psychological one. The one with the actual worldly authority, who is one of the two protagonists, derives it from her special powers, which may as well make her a goddess. In fact, the villain only exsists because Alice (the aforementioned protagonist) created her and the rest of the monsters with her powers, and as a result if she wanted to she could end their entire exsistence on a whim. However, she is also in an extremely fragile and easy to manipulate mental stat when she creates the monsters, and is already pretty prone to being taken advantage of when in a healthier state of mind. So to preserve her own life and that of her fellow monsters, Nyako both shows kindness to Alice, but also feeds her constant lies about her family, her powers, and the world in general, and uses her own negative self-image and guilt against her. Alice may be stronger than Nyako in terms of supernatural power, however, the little cat-monster none the less is the dominant one in their relationship due to her manipulations, to the point Alice has no clue how strong she actually is or how desperately her older sister (the other protagonist) is fighting to save her. (And all of reality in the process)

What does your villain think of nihilism?

She is very against it, as all her motivations have to do with the greater good of spellcasters. Everything reprehensible thing she does is because she thinks it will protect/save them and that is what gives her work meaning. Other villain is the same: their motivations are highly based in religious principles and the idea of cleansing the sin of magic so.

Does your villain have anyone close to them who knows they're a villain and supports them? (Not just minions)

flarue

Registered
Reaction score
She is very against it, as all her motivations have to do with the greater good of spellcasters. Everything reprehensible thing she does is because she thinks it will protect/save them and that is what gives her work meaning. Other villain is the same: their motivations are highly based in religious principles and the idea of cleansing the sin of magic so.

Does your villain have anyone close to them who knows they're a villain and supports them? (Not just minions)

T: There's a character or two in the next planned story who support his cause because they believe they will also "benefit" from what T is up to.

EDIT-- Oops. Forgot to post a new question. ;)

Does your villain have a moral code that (s)he abides by?

Last edited:

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
I have three villains, but one at a time (over 4 eras). I'm writing a series, or at least have one planned. The first villain is about as amoral as they come.

Is your villain a non-evil antagonist, not human, or something other than what is considered a traditional villain? If yes, what are this being's (or non-being's) characteristics?

Last edited:

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
Is your villain a non-evil antagonist, not human, or something other than what is considered a traditional villain? If yes, what are this being's (or non-being's) characteristics?

I like this question. :D

At the end of the novel, MC realizes the demon he's been up against is not actually a demon at all. She's a very confused angel. The story ends with him certain that this creature is not a demon. He knows. (Monkey wrench: the MC starts off sane, but at the end of the novel, he becomes an unreliable narrator.)

While MC thinks this demon is actually a very confused angel, the readers figure out something else. The reader realizes she's actually a human who made a deal with a trickster. Poor girl is trapped in a deal that she can never get out of. :( It's very confusing for everyone involved. She's not really evil, but she keep trying to satisfy the deal she made with this trickster. The struggle comes from the fact that the MC wants the exact opposite of what she wants. She's trying to save herself, and the MC is trying to defend his city. She's not really "evil" they just have different wants.

What does your villain think of Trump?

Twick

Registered
Reaction score
I like this question. :D

At the end of the novel, MC realizes the demon he's been up against is not actually a demon at all. She's a very confused angel. The story ends with him certain that this creature is not a demon. He knows. (Monkey wrench: the MC starts off sane, but at the end of the novel, he becomes an unreliable narrator.)

While MC thinks this demon is actually a very confused angel, the readers figure out something else. The reader realizes she's actually a human who made a deal with a trickster. Poor girl is trapped in a deal that she can never get out of. :( It's very confusing for everyone involved. She's not really evil, but she keep trying to satisfy the deal she made with this trickster. The struggle comes from the fact that the MC wants the exact opposite of what she wants. She's trying to save herself, and the MC is trying to defend his city. She's not really "evil" they just have different wants.

What does your villain think of Trump?

That would be interesting. He'd respect Trump for being able to con his way into ultimate power. As a despot himself, he'd have no problem with someone doing that. But he's survived by knowing other leaders' weaknesses, and he'd have a pretty good idea of what Trump's were. In speaking together, he'd enjoy tossing double-edged barbs in Trump's direction, figuring he would never notice the sarcasm behind the apparent compliments.

Question: Your villain has one weakness that s/he thinks is a strength. What is it?

flarue

Registered
Reaction score
Question: Your villain has one weakness that s/he thinks is a strength. What is it?

I had trouble choosing just one answer for T, but I would have to say that his love for his family (not including “the traitor” whom he never particularly cared for, to begin with) or his growing affection for a certain protagonist, are probably near the top of the list. Things would be far less complicated for him, he reasons, if he hadn’t started to actually like her— for real.

Does your villain have a job/career? If not, what does (s)he do to sustain themselves?

Last edited:

Aerythia

Registered
Reaction score
Does your villain have a job/career? If not, what does (s)he do to sustain themselves?

Oh my. Astoren is a God-King. His job is to be adored by his people. It leaves him plenty of time to further his career of sucking the land of life to ensure he maintains his immortality and maintaining a firm control over what people believe to be the truth. Sustenance is easy when millions of individuals hand you cash for simply existing.

How would your villain decide on the following...

Shag, Marry, Kill:

Kanye West, Vladimir Putin, Joffrey Baratheon
OR
Kim Kardashian, Theresa May and Cersei Lannister, depending on the sexuality of your villain :D

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score

Ace is a model. You might have noticed him in the advertising for such products as Pure East bottled water.

After the books, he's an inventor.

Which of the seven deadly sins is your villain's favorite?

Jml42

new fish;learning about algal bloom
Registered
Reaction score
Ace is a model. You might have noticed him in the advertising for such products as Pure East bottled water.

After the books, he's an inventor.

Which of the seven deadly sins is your villain's favorite?

The Matriarch preaches humility, but pride follows her like a stray dog. Always been a hypocrite that way. I can’t blame her though; what’s a girl to do with a treasure trove of scraps?

What helps your villian fall alseep at night?

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
What helps your villian fall alseep at night?

Big Bad sees sleep as the ultimate waste of time, so he only goes to sleep when he absolute has to to keep functioning, which rarely corresponds to "night". It's not very hard to fall asleep because he's to the point of exhaustion at those times.

Ace's bed in the penthouse suite is amazing and fluffy and like sleeping on a cloud, so it's not hard to fall asleep there. However, Ace is the one whose sleep patterns are affected directly by the other people in his head, and he doesn't actually have many times where he "falls asleep" like a normal person.

How does your villain keep organized (if at all)?

Jml42

new fish;learning about algal bloom
Registered
Reaction score
Big Bad sees sleep as the ultimate waste of time, so he only goes to sleep when he absolute has to to keep functioning, which rarely corresponds to "night". It's not very hard to fall asleep because he's to the point of exhaustion at those times.

Ace's bed in the penthouse suite is amazing and fluffy and like sleeping on a cloud, so it's not hard to fall asleep there. However, Ace is the one whose sleep patterns are affected directly by the other people in his head, and he doesn't actually have many times where he "falls asleep" like a normal person.

How does your villain keep organized (if at all)?

So, being the Matriarch of a tribe numbering in the thousands, she’s got a lot of organizing to do. She’s very visual, so primarily she’ll organize tribe members by rock - one rock per household. She paints the rocks according to clan and duties within the clan, as well as uses a marking system to track the spread of sickness within clans. The ground is marked as a calendar, with food stores,
and medicine stores clearly outlined. When making plans for the future of the tribe, she will gather several other clan leaders, sit around the islands of stones, and move them about in silence until a unanimous consensus is reached through communial perception.

What does your villain respect most about their parents?