Status
Not open for further replies.

melissagraham

Fledgling Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.smashwords.com
So, after two years of tears, sweat, and a little blood, I finally released my work on Smashwords. Its a MAJOR accomplishment for me. I have tons of stories (either partially written or still swimming in my brain) and this is the first one I saw all the way to fruition. Still lots of work to be had, but I felt a tiny weight lifted.

What is next? This is the question that boggles me. Mostly because I have no idea how to do most of what I dream of. I've read hundreds of articles and guides about self-publishing and I still don't know what to do to accomplish what they say. That... or my fear of making the wrong decisions is keeping me from seeing the right ones.

What I want to do with my published work:

1. Get it out there as an Ebook- Check! https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/322054 <--- can't help but smile when I see this :D
2. Figure out a simple, yet working, marketing strategy
3. Set up a Print-on-Demand with Createspace- 50% there
4. Update the cover to give it a professional look
5. Continue to write the rest of the series
6. Eventually get my book on AUDIO!! <-- big goal

Other projects:
1. Create a story to submit to Silkwords
2. Do a collabor-write with my husband
3. Maybe, God willing, eventually get picked up by a legit publisher (Penguin group.... le sigh.... a girl can dream)

Any people have experience with any of the above? If so, do you have words of wisdom (or warning) that you could share with me?

Other than that YAY ME FOR FINALLY FINISHING SOMETHING I START!!! -parties-

Last edited:

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
CGs and good luck with the first book!

I have no experience with self-publishing, so can't advise on that. As for breaking into trade publishing, query query query, sub sub sub, write write write, query, sub, write, ad infinitum or hitting the right desk with the right material.

:D

melissagraham

Fledgling Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.smashwords.com
An update to my accomplishment:

I've finally submitted a proposal to silkwords and am awaiting reply. I like what they are doing for the romance genre and hope that we can strike a deal together.

Status
Not open for further replies.