The 2014 AW erotica writers blog hop discussion-UPDATED!

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
ATTENTION:

Those of you who are participating in this years blog hop:

Please private message me with confirmation that you will be participating by the 23rd. If you haven't received the questions sheet, I can email it to you if you also provide a working email address in your confirmation message.

Thank you!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the confirmed dates for next week. Apologies for the lateness on this. Please contact your interviewee for their questions NOW! I will add the next section as soon as I get confirmation from everyone else. We have had some drop out unfortunately.

Eg. on this date/this blog/will feature this author

Week 1

June 23 c.m.n. interviewing elindsen:

June 24 elindsen interviewing veinglory:

June 25 veinglory interviewing Beachgirl:

June 26 Beachgirl interviewing Zoe X. Rider:

June 27 Zoe X. Rider interviewing Evelyn:

June 28 Evelyn interviewing Filigree

June 29 Filigree interviewing oldbrasscat

Week 2

June 30 oldbrasscat interviewing Kimjo

July 01 Kimjo interviewing Kimber

July 02 Kimber interviewing A.P.M

July 03 A.P.M. interviewing MsLaylaCakes

July 04 MsLaylaCakes interviewing slashedkaze

July 05 slashedkaze interviewing Evelyn Aster

July 06 Evelyn Aster interviewing Misa Buckley

July 07 Misa Buckley interviewing c.m.n.

Also, for sake of crazies and since this hop has gone a little wonky, I believe running a giveaway on our own blogs would be best instead of Rafflecopter. Please run your giveaway from the time you post to the end of the blog hop, or around 3-5 days after if you are one of the last posters. You may giveaway any of the prizes you announced here, that's fine.

We'll advertise the best we can via Facebook, Twitter, AW, Goodreads, any other forum/website that allows advertisement. During the blog hop, update this thread with your post and prize giveaway so it's easier for everyone to advertise what's going on.

If you've never hosted a giveaway, blog hosted giveaways go a little something like this: People will comment on your post, leaving their email address. At the end of the giveaway, draw from a hat, or there are websites that draw numbers, a winner(s) for the prize(s).

Last edited:

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
I'm in. :)

I think we did a personal giveaway on the blogs, then a goodie basket at the end? Is that right?

A.P.M.

Registered
Reaction score
Me too, I'd love to do this again!

untechioux

!
Registered
Reaction score
Is there a post somewhere explaining just what IS this blog hop? I wasn't around here last year! Thanks!

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm, well, here is the thread about last years blog hop. http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268236&highlight=blog

Basically, each day between May 8th and the 23rd (which this year will be different) each participant posted something on their blog and we linked to the other participants. I believe we put together a prize package for readers who commented on the blogs to win.

It was open to all erotic authors, published or not.

Maybe someone else will add to it, or remember it a bit better than I can. :)

Last edited:

RhodaD'Ettore

Registered
Reaction score
Website
goinpostalnj.blogspot.com
I have an ebook and an audiobook (just came out today, so not sure how that would work to give it away, unless i paid the fee for the winner).

My blog is not "erotica" tho. I write other things as well.

articshark

shoes are like crack
Registered
Reaction score
Me as well, please.

I have a paperback I can contribute to a Grand Prize. I'll either do a gift card or ebook giveaway on my blog as part of my personal blog prize. If you need anything else, let me know.

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
I think we'll leave this discussion up for a while to give others time to respond.

And it's okay if your blog isn't erotica. It can be about anything as long as you are willing to market your erotic book on it.

A few questions to consider:

1. Who will be the facilitator? Basically the person responsible for the grand prize pack.

2. Who would like to design our banner? Or should we have a vote?

3. What would you like to giveaway in both the grand prize and/or on your own blog during the hop?

4. Last year, we had author questions to answer for the blog hop. Should we do the same or do something different?

DidiBlue

Penmonkey
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.deidreblue.blogspot.com
Oohh, this sounds fun. I'm in! I don't have any paperbacks out, but I can give away an ebook and/or gift card. I'm a blog hop virgin, so I might need a little hand-holding. :D

I'll keep this thread bookmarked.

A.P.M.

Registered
Reaction score
Author questions sound good.

In terms of prizes, I have PDFs of my longer works I can contribute, and any ebook format for my short stories.

Kimber

Kimber Vale
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kimbervale.com
Might I just suggest ebook donations and/or paypal to a grand prize gift card? Reason being, shipping gets pricey, and then you have to consider out of country winners. Most people will come to play for a gift card alone and it looks like at $5 a head we could get a decent one. If individuals wanted to do hard copies at their own blogs, that would be up to them. Then again, if everyone is responsible for their own giveaway, even those in the grand prize, it doesn't much matter if authors want to ship prizes...just thinking aloud here.

Slaps two cents down on the bar.

Last edited:

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
This might work out: individual prizes, plus a digital grand prize package.

Question on timing: since we have a lot of people dealing with deadlines and/or conventions this month, do we want to do this in May, or start it up in June?

Evelyn Aster

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, new here but I would love to join the blog hop if possible. I just participated in one for Love, Lust and Lipstick Stains. They used Raffle Copter for their giveaway if you are looking for an easy way to do it. My book is erotic romance...does that qualify?

Excited to join!