Status
Not open for further replies.

CoraKane

Wood Screws
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.corakane.com
Okay ladies and gents. I searched for hours wondering which thread to formally introduce myself into the horror genre, but I was a bit intimidated.

So here I am, starting a new thread.

You'll notice that I've already covered myself in a fine vinegar braise. I've been stewing in it since last night. I'd suggest that you go light on the salt.

Now with that being said, and this is probably something that's already been covered but, would you actually eat someone? As in you're not in the situation that dictates that you MUST, but say, to become a member of some super elite organization with unbelievable pull and benefits, you had to find and roast someone... Would you do it or would you walk away?

It could be anyone of your choosing.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Muahahahaha! I'll just add a little red wine to the mixture...

To answer your question: No. Even realizing that to have gotten that far in a secret society and then refuse probably means I'd be the one on the menu. :)

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
eclecticlittledork.wordpress.com
Save me a glass Calla Lily!

Cora sweetheart. Check out the Hounding After Hours thread, it's where a lot of the Horror Hounds hang out. Don't mind the human skin lamps.

As for your question, would I actually eat anyone? No, unless it was Dhamer party type thing. Eat the person or die. Human is supposedly similar to pork in flavor, but I'm not a fan of pork. Except bacon, I love bacon.

CoraKane

Wood Screws
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.corakane.com
Save me a glass Calla Lily!

Cora sweetheart. Check out the Hounding After Hours thread, it's where a lot of the Horror Hounds hang out. Don't mind the human skin lamps.

As for your question, would I actually eat anyone? No, unless it was Dhamer party type thing. Eat the person or die. Human is supposedly similar to pork in flavor, but I'm not a fan of pork. Except bacon, I love bacon.

I thought some of these threads looked a little light. I'll go check that out.

I love pork. And bacon. And really, most foods. Not sure about people though, but I do tend to bite my nails. I'm pretty sure that doesn't count.

But what if the perks were just outstanding. Maybe you wouldn't necessarily have a ton of money in the bank or on the books, but you'd never have to pay for anything ever again. Like your very own Visa Black card but you never see the bill. Never a speeding ticket or jury duty. And people who crossed you would just magically disappear... and all you had to do was find one person, roast them and serve them up to the rest of the "society" I guess and then just attend the "new roastings" after that.... maybe?

Oh and it could be anyone. You could roast the child molester down the street or your local politician.

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
I doubt I would, but I've never been faced with that situation. Who knows?

jerrimander

No one takes me seriously. Really.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm too picky an eater.

how cool am I, that I'm quoted in somebody else's signature?

CoraKane

Wood Screws
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.corakane.com
I'm too picky an eater.

how cool am I, that I'm quoted in somebody else's signature?

I should put that in my signature too, so that way you'll be twice as cool and quoted twice. Also, it would be funny.

I don't know if I could partake in the actual roasting and eating of a person, but I may be slightly okay with ridding the world of some child molesters and grandma beater-uppers. Yes. I just said beater-uppers.

.... I was asking not because it's a plot that I was thinking of writing, but a story that I had read a few years back (and I for the life of me, can not recall the title or the author) but it pretty much amounted to someone choosing (although he didn't choose a bad guy... jerk...) someone to kill and cook because he was a part of this particular dark society. He modified a tanning bed and roasted the woman to be presented with an apple in her mouth. He had the feeling that the last few years the other members were simply passing off pork portions as people so he wanted to bring it back to its roots? It bugs me that I can't remember the title or the author. I want to read it again.

So, let me rephrase my question. If you had to kill someone to be part of a secret society with fantastic perks, (like free Stone Cold Creamery for life) could you do it? And if you could, why would you?

T Robinson

Born long ago, in a different era
Registered
Reaction score
Weren't you warned about trying to recruit for your secret organization? You did not even ask for the secret password that only you know. Using this shotgun approach will bring unsuitable candidates who may reveal the secrets to the government.

At least you didn't ask which serving method people preferred. Braised and barbequed is the way of the South.

This is a private message isn't it?

Oops........

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I recall a story, a short story, that dealt with that. For the life of me I can't recall the title, author, or who wrote it. But it was about a group of upper class foodies. Their deal was eating exotic foods. IIRC, they'd have an annual meeting and these different things would be presented to them. The story discusses a time when the food was people. Sorry, I don't remember more than that. But it left some kind of impression or I wouldn't have remembered that much.

So, back to your last question. Would I kill someone just to become a member of a secret society? Hell, no. That's disgusting.

On the other hand, if there's a decent recipe planned for the meat...

CoraKane

Wood Screws
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.corakane.com
Weren't you warned about trying to recruit for your secret organization? You did not even ask for the secret password that only you know. Using this shotgun approach will bring unsuitable candidates who may reveal the secrets to the government.

At least you didn't ask which serving method people preferred. Braised and barbequed is the way of the South.

No one trusts the government anymore. I think I'm safe on that end. They'll be too worried that big brother is behind and/or encouraging it. Not saying that they are or are not at the moment. Oh look! A squirrel!

And I didn't ask because there's only one method right now. And it's braising and barbecuing. Okay, yes, I'm southern. I moved a few months ago and now I'm a Floridian (which is still southern, but not really) and I miss my barbecue. If I'm going to be eaten then I demand that my heritage is homaged.

CoraKane

Wood Screws
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.corakane.com
Haggis,

If you can remember what the title or author, that would be fantastic. It sounds similar to the one I read but I don't think it's the same.

So, back to your last question. Would I kill someone just to become a member of a secret society? Hell, no. That's disgusting.

On the other hand, if there's a decent recipe planned for the meat...

I'm pretty good with braising.... the hubby does this wonderful thing with steaks where he sort of simmers them in ziplock bags in a giant pot of water and the meat just falls apart. It's better than steakhouse $50.00 steaks. No knife needed. I mean, we could do that with the meat.

Okay, if you removed the secret society and you had the chance to rid the world of whatever particular baddy that makes your skin crawl, whether they be rapist, thieves, or people who double park... would you do it then? Oh and you wouldn't get caught.

jerrimander

No one takes me seriously. Really.
Registered
Reaction score
there's an episode of it's always sunny in Philadelphia where frank serves up steaks to Charlie and dee. he tells them it was human flesh. they spend the rest of the show trying to score more human. cannibalism can be quite funny if done properly.

WormHeart

Dual class author / nightguard
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fromthefrozennorth.com
Haggis,

Okay, if you removed the secret society and you had the chance to rid the world of whatever particular baddy that makes your skin crawl, whether they be rapist, thieves, or people who double park... would you do it then? Oh and you wouldn't get caught.

Well, that is a vastly different question.

The "pick someone to die" dilemma.

It would be extremely troublesome in the end, but if I got that kind of power, I had to use it.

Just like Uncle Ben said: "With great power comes great responsibility."

Thousands of people suffer everyday because of evil men. Every day I would not use that power would prolong their suffering and implicate me in evil.

But where I would end up is hard to say. How could a human control such power?

WormHeart

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
there's an episode of it's always sunny in Philadelphia where frank serves up steaks to Charlie and dee. he tells them it was human flesh. they spend the rest of the show trying to score more human. cannibalism can be quite funny if done properly.

I love that episode. It was one of the few of that show I watched and really loved it.

The week Jeffery Dahmer was arrested and everybody was talking about cannibalism, the local public tv station played the episode of Monty Python on Saturday night that had the cannibalism sketch. You know, where they are at sea in the lifeboat? Perfect timing!

I would get rid of people who fart in elevators.

Haggis, I once wrote a short story about a guy like Anthony Bourdain, and he was talking about underground cannibal clubs. I called it "A Cannibal's Journey". I keep wanting to go back to it and finish it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.