• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Twisted E-Publishing (formerly Twisted Erotica Publishing)

OH~Alex

Registered
Reaction score
Twisted Erotica Publishing

Hi there -- I'm the owner/publisher of TEP. We are new and our author base is small.

We started as an author collective -- which will earn us a boo-hiss from some, which is totally reasonable and understandable. It isn't the right thing for everyone. But as authors we also know some of the pitfalls of e-publishing from the author's perspective and are trying to offer something more for our authors.

A few months ago, we opened for outside submissions. We have two yr contracts at 60%, and are willing to negotiate with established authors who have a proven track record on the percentage. We also pay monthly royalties, starting 60-90 days from the release date (if there are sales, of course).

We've been publishing now for a year and a half, so we've ironed out most of the kinks.

Our business license is based in the Commonwealth of Virginia, where we are registered as an LLC. We have an accountant and have professional editors. As the author base grows, we hope to hire more editors as well.

But we want to grow slowly and avoid some of the pitfalls of other houses.

And for transparency, I write for the house (and other pubs) as Alexandra O'Hurley.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
OH~Alex (man, that was some contorted left hand typing!), your transparency is very much appreciated. Thanks!

Maryn, not fond of those who cover up their interests in this or that publisher

OH~Alex

Registered
Reaction score
OH~Alex (man, that was some contorted left hand typing!), your transparency is very much appreciated. Thanks!

Maryn, not fond of those who cover up their interests in this or that publisher

Considering the current issues some are facing with another publisher, we felt transparency was the best foot to put forward here.

We have also added a WHO WE ARE link to our website if anyone wants more information. http://www.twistederoticapublishing.com/who-we-are/

OH~Alex

Registered
Reaction score
And sorry for the left hand issues! :) I like to be difficult at times.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The submissions page is refreshingly frank, clear, and concise.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
we've ironed out most of the kinks
Is that a good thing for an erotica publisher? ;D

(Someone had to say it, might as well be me.)

OH~Alex

Registered
Reaction score
You have some great authors, too. I'll definitely be watching your progress.

Never, ever, be afraid to be blunt about publishing. I wish more publishers would be.

I think the group of authors we have is wonderful. Thanks for that.

Blunt honesty isn't something I've run across thus far in my experience in publishing. It's often a bunch of smoke and mirrors. It's one of the things I didn't like as an author and why I chose to start TEP.

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
I like the honesty. :)

Maximum length for a novel is 70k. I think my smallest was 89k, largest m/m BDSM 13Ok. *Winces* Certainly one to consider for novellas for me, though.

HapiSofi

Hagiographically Advantaged
Registered
Reaction score
I think the group of authors we have is wonderful. Thanks for that.

Blunt honesty isn't something I've run across thus far in my experience in publishing. It's often a bunch of smoke and mirrors. It's one of the things I didn't like as an author and why I chose to start TEP.

The world has no oversupply of honest, high-quality erotica. I wish you every success, and may your proofreaders never stumble.

OH~Alex

Registered
Reaction score
Leave a few kinks for us.

Will do - I think there's enough out there for everyone :)

I like the honesty. :)

Maximum length for a novel is 70k. I think my smallest was 89k, largest m/m BDSM 13Ok. *Winces* Certainly one to consider for novellas for me, though.

We have recently published a trio of 90Kish novels from one of our existing authors, so we might want to amend that some. The major reason we keep to shorter lengths is the price point -- readers seem to have become resistant to paying higher prices with the plethora of free and inexpensive reads available these days. Our preference is 20-40K novellas so we can keep them in the $2.99 sweet spot -- high enough to get the better royalty rate for our author and low enough to still entice a reader to give us a try.

But for the right book and right author, we would consider longer works, within reason.

The world has no oversupply of honest, high-quality erotica. I wish you every success, and may your proofreaders never stumble.

Our sincere thanks :)

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Is now Twisted E-Publishing, same URL. Non-erotic works published as TE Publishing Services.

cool pop

It's Cool, Miss Pop if You're Nasty
Registered
Reaction score
Twisted E-Publishing

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone have experience with Twisted E-Publishing? I hadn’t heard of them though they’ve been around a while but when I checked out their site I do know some of their authors and have seen some of their books. Their books seem to do okay but there is NO information at all about their staff and who is running it. All it says is they have professional editors but nothing else about staff on their submission page.

If anyone could weigh in, I’d appreciate it.

Link: https://twistedepublishing.com/

Thanks!

cool pop

It's Cool, Miss Pop if You're Nasty
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! I've been lurking on Absolute Write since the early 2000's. [FONT=&quot]I check the Bewares board several times a day. [/FONT]
The company changed their name that’s how I missed this thread I guess.

Last edited: