Hey everyone :)

BrocadeGalaxy

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Helga, and I'm a hobby writer. I don't think I'll try to publish anything anytime soon, but I still really love writing, it's relaxing and keeps my imagination fresh, so to speak xD

Right now I'm writing two stories, one very long that I'm on a break from, and a shorter one which I'm enjoying a lot more than I actually thought I would (it's written in a diary format, and it's rather challenging to write so it feels natural and diary-ish).

I have a really bad habit of starting to write and then never finish, I've started countless stories in the last two years and I've only finished two. Right now I'm tackling it by rewriting my earlier chapters now and then so they keep up to new things I've learned about fiction writing so they feel more flowing and my characters more realistic.

But yeah, a little about myself! I'm 19, a very poor college student, I live with my grandma and my boyfriend but we'll be moving out this summer (me and my boyfriend that is, not me and grandma). I don't have any pets at the moment, but I kept fish for a long time and Ill be getting two degus soon. (for those who don't know, Degus are medium sized rodents, more related to squirrels and bunnies than mice or rats. They're really smart and live for a long time for a rodent, so I'm very excited about getting them)

I love travelling and I'll hopefully be going to China next year. I've gone to 12 countries in three continents, but I really want to visit all seven in my lifetime. My grandpa skied over the south pole so the least I can do is pay it a visit!

I don't practice any sports or the like, I used to snowboard but after a pretty bad accident last year that fractured my spine I haven't been able to go again (no worries, my legs are still fine and very much movable). I spend my freetime playing videogames, drawing, writing or chilling with my boyfriend. I'm kinda shy about the stuff I write and so far he and my best friend are the only ones I've allowed to read it, so it's a little bit stressful to start talking about my "babies" on the internet hahah xD

So yeah, that's all I can think of for now, it's great to be here and I'm looking forward to meeting new people here :D

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Booker

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Hello Helga

Welcome to AW

Your bad habit is quite common around here. You're young and poor which is quite common as well. Other than that you've posted a great intro.

edenlaura

Eden
Registered
Reaction score
Hi there Helga, I'm new here too! :)

I know exactly what you mean about struggling to finish things I've never actually managed to finish an entire novel (I blame my lack of confidence)!

I'm here in the hopes to learn about writing, gain some confidence and actually let people read my work, and to hopefully make friends here and help them in the same way!

Last edited:

jeffo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ober.org
Welcome to the forums, I hope you enjoy your time here. Indeed, there are many of us who have started stories!

Do you allow others to read what you have written? While attempting to get published can be daunting, you might find that you like it! But in the meantime, do keep up the writing, its fun, isn't it?

Maxx B

Registered
Reaction score
Hello and welcome. You will find lots of nice helpful people here.

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome from another very poor college student.

Shaba

Registered
Reaction score
Why a poor college student? I've never heard such a thing. Oh wait...I was one just recently. Welcome!