***EDITOR NEEDED ASAP!!***

Tanako

The Artist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bwascomic.com

Didn't know where to post this but i decided to do it here so pardon me.
i am currently looking for a editor who will help me edit my ongoing online web-comic called
Boy With A Secret. i'm looking for someone who will stick with me for a while.
This is not a paid gig but, it will be a good experience and you can also learn from me if your interested in art :) ([email protected])

Boy with a secret is an online web comic that first started in September 2010 and is currently ongoing. I love what I so and I take pride in it. I am currently looking for a volunteer who will help proof read and edit pages before I post. I update two to three times a week. This position does not require meeting in person. All I need is a working e-mail address. I take my work seriously and i'm only seeking serious individuals please.
I need someone who will;

• Consider the structure and organization of the manuscript.
• Correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, and usage.
• Ensure you have followed the appropriate style guide.
• Turn in manuscript on time.
• MUST REPLY ALL E-MAILS!!
• Ability to develop strong working relationships with the artist

If this sounds like something you are interested in don't hesitate to message me please.
I am also working on a novel which will be a collaboration, more detail will be given about this project later.

Last edited:

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Wow...eight post and already begging for a free editor...

What are you offering in return, as say, barter?

Niiicola

Twitchy
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to sound like a jerk, but why would a professional editor do this for free? "Good experience" isn't exactly an incentive, as we don't typically use portfolios of work we've edited in the same way that artists do. As thothguard said, you might think about what you can offer in return. Are you willing to actually teach this editor how to draw/make comics, or are they just meant to absorb your talent through osmosis as they do work for free that they typically do to put food on their table?

Look at it this way: Wouldn't you be pissed off if somebody wanted you to spend hours making them art for free?

Last edited:

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Another point to consider. In any community, the more active a member is, the more other members learn about them. Hang around and engage with the members. Read and be active in some threads. We have a number of artist who are active in this community so you will not be alone.

Once you get 50 post, you can enter the share your work realm and have other members critique you work and offer advice.

Hope this helps...

Tanako

The Artist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bwascomic.com
Sorry to sound like a jerk, but why would a professional editor do this for free? "Good experience" isn't exactly an incentive, as we don't typically use portfolios of work we've edited in the same way that artists do. As thothguard said, you might think about what you can offer in return. Are you willing to actually teach this editor how to draw/make comics, or are they just meant to absorb your talent through osmosis as they do work for free that they typically do to put food on their table?

Look at it this way: Wouldn't you be pissed off if somebody wanted you to spend hours making them art for free?

No I don't think you sound like a jerk and therefor i take no offence. yes i am willing to teach the editor if they are willing to learn. or if they just want a drawing of any sort i can do that for them as well. I've been working on my comic for 3 years and i hardly make any profit from it. i do this because i love what i do and i have interested readers. Honestly, this position doesn't require much giving the fact that i only update once or twice a week. I just need someone to look through what I've already written and make corrections. As for being active, i do the best i can. if you look closely you can see that i recently became a member. it takes time to engage in forums and i'm doing the best i can.