new writer seeking for help

Status
Not open for further replies.

!MeMa!

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,
I've been writing several novels for quite time now but something happened I gave up and my novels ended up in the waste bin. Now I back to writing world and I wrote the first chapter (thanks to Allah). What I want to say is would somebody please read my novel and give my his/her comments on it? i.e. if it is worth to continue writing it

if anyone willing to read it please P.M me with your gmail

thanks in advance

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
Mabruk on finishing!

You have 71 posts, you could put a selection up in SYW*. You could get a nice amount of feedback in a short time by doing so.

*(The 'Share Your Work' section of these boards)

!MeMa!

Registered
Reaction score
oh thanks a lot
I forget about this section. it was long time I didn't log in this forum

thanks for the quick responding sister :)

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,
I've been writing several novels for quite time now but something happened I gave up and my novels ended up in the waste bin. Now I back to writing world and I wrote the first chapter (thanks to Allah). What I want to say is would somebody please read my novel and give my his/her comments on it? i.e. if it is worth to continue writing it

if anyone willing to read it please P.M me with your gmail

thanks in advance

You have one chapter of a first draft. No one can tell you if it's worth continuing at this stage. No matter how bad it is, it's still a first draft.

Sit down on a regular basis and finish this novel. I may be reading your post wrong, but it doesn't sound like you've finished any novel. Until you do, not much else matters.

Forget all about the question of whether it's worth continuing. Of course it is. Continuing, finishing, is how you learn to write a novel. Until you finish, there's no way of telling anything, including whether the first chapter should be kept, rewritten complete, or thrown away.

eselle

Registered
Reaction score
Writing the novel is the adventure. Don't let yourself get caught up in whether it is 'good' or not. That's what editing is for.

ohheyyrach77

Awesome.
Registered
Reaction score
Post in the SYW section.

Also, no one can tell you whether or not it's worth continuing. That's really something you have to decide your own.

I'd actually urge you to go back through some of your old things too, you might be surprised how interested you are in your own work after some time has passed.

Little Anonymous Me

Registered
Reaction score
First off, congrats on writing again. I recently went through a chuck it all phase myself, and I know how hard it is to start up again. :)

I second going through the old stuff. I've peeked into files I've been avoided because I knew how awful the writing was...and it really wasn't. If you're after crits, SYW is the place to go, but no one can decide if the book is something to continue working on except you. A cautionary note: I have found getting critiqued early on in projects is a great way to get writer's paralysis. It's easy to get hooked on the 'Edit. Rinse. Repeat.' cycle that way.

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
In the early stages of a book, there are very few people I'd let read it -- one or two mates who I know will be all "heyyyy, cool!"

Because at that stage you do not need critique -- that's for when you've made it as good as you can on your own. At that early stage, you need encouragement, not crit.

So, here, have some. This book isn't finished yet, so it has the potential to become great. If you finish it, and edit it and love it, if you work at it. Now, go write and come back when you're done!

Maxx B

Registered
Reaction score
I have to suggest the SYW forum, it helped me no end with my WIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.