Royalty for a Week, and Shameless The Rest of The Time (Volume IV)

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Royals.

So it seems bad luck continues to haunt me at work. On Thursday, I got pulled over for a random DOT inspection by the local police. As I pulled into the parking lot, I stopped my truck then took off my seat belt, thinking I'd have to get out. The cop motioned me to pull in a little more, so I did. He then proceeded to ask me why I wasn't wearing my seat belt. I told him as I mentioned above. My truck passed and all that, but he wrote me up for seat belt violation, stating that I wasn't wearing it while driving, which is a total exaggeration what actually happened.

So after I came back today, my boss took me into the office and explained that getting caught without wearing a seat belt is a critical violation within the company, so now I'm suspended for two days. Even he thought what happened was crap, but his hands are tied by corporate policy. I just can't catch a break it seems. :flag:

Beanie5

Live a poem...Or die a fool. \/
Registered
Reaction score
Do you have to wear a seat belt in a parking lot lady v?

Welcheren

Picking up tools, honing edges
Registered
Reaction score
Good point. There is a possibility that a technical detail in the law regarding parking lots might get you off the hook.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good Tuesday, dear Royals.

How is everyone this fine day? I haven't had my first cup of coffee yet, so it is impossible to say how I am. :greenie

I notice the castle is a little empty these days. People must still be in their winter sleep. As an edict, I want you each to go talk to at least one person who should be greeting me in the morning and isn't, because they are off sleeping somewhere else. ;) Old, new, inbetween--I don't care. Just bring them in.

Now off for coffee.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Do you have to wear a seat belt in a parking lot lady v?

Good point. There is a possibility that a technical detail in the law regarding parking lots might get you off the hook.

Apparently a seat belt must be worn while the vehicle is in motion, regardless where it is or how short of a distance you move. I still think it's crap, but them's the rules. I'm just paranoid about getting another violation somehow. If you get two in the same year, you're terminated. I'd be devastated if that happened.

Welcheren

Registered
Reaction score
Damn! It is still crap. Hope the suspension doesn't affect you too badly Princess LadyV

Dear Queen/Duchess Ambrosia, I volunteer to contact our Royal Thief, Princess Lil, in a venture to see where's been.

Last edited:

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
LadyV, I'm sorry. I can tell you the DOT inspectors aren't the best bunch to deal with. I know a guy who bought a diesel truck and loaned it a farmer buddy of his during harvest. The farmer put the farming, non-tax diesel in it, thinking he was doing my buddy a favor. Nope. That stuff blows a different colored smoke for a reason and its takes several tanks to get rid of.

So, my buddy was fined according to how many miles he put on the truck for the time he owned. They even did a dip-check at his fuel tank to check if he'd recently put the wrong fuel in.

Justobuddies

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Registered
Reaction score
May I point to the silver lining that you get to keep the job with the violation? The drivers for my company are automatically terminated for even taking the vehicle out of park without their seat belt on. And they all have to get in and out of the cab pretty frequently to run their routes.

Beanie5

Live a poem...Or die a fool. \/
Registered
Reaction score
Good Morning My queen I hope my humble wishes will brighten your day.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Your humble wishes always brighten my day, Prince Beanie. :)

Prince Welcheren, here's a set of handcuffs and a roll of duct tape in case you need any assistance in your quest.

Welcheren

Registered
Reaction score
*Struggles to keep jokes at bay*

- - - Updated - - -

I would not try my luck with Princess Lil. Her hand-to-hand combat skills outweight mine by a far margin.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, Royals.

It's quite the winter wonderland here. Not what's expected for the second day of spring.

Justo- yes, I get to keep my job, but if I'd have another critical violation this year, I'd be terminated. Now I'm paranoid I'll lose my job.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*Struggles to keep jokes at bay*

- - - Updated - - -

I would not try my luck with Princess Lil. Her hand-to-hand combat skills outweight mine by a far margin.
Thus the handcuffs and duct tape, silly. Do you need the tranquilizer gun, too? I suppose you could coordinate with Prince Ted and use his van. It does, however, seem less sporting that way. We could send out a contingent of guards to assist you, but they make so much noise clanking around in that armor she would be warned miles away. Well, see what you can do. And let her know I will be much cross if she doesn't hurry in here and show me what she has procured in her travels.

Good Wednesday, dear Royals.

I have been exceptionally tired. That's not letting up. I have a chronic health condition that causes severe fatigue at times. I do suppose it it possible it has kicked in at the moment. Not liking this at all.

I hope each of you have a blessed Wednesday. :)

Last edited:

Welcheren

Registered
Reaction score
I'll fix up an elixit for you right away, Queen/Duchess.

I worry that the handcuffs and tape might change hands and get used on me. Gulp.

But to save face, I'll do my best. Send out a search party if I am not back after dark.

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
Your Grace, I hate that you have to struggle with this. I have a close friend who is dealing with similar and she's gone into detail about her issues. I can't imagine how I'd deal with it if it were me.

LadyV, once you start worrying about being fired, you make your day that much worse. I've been under the gun before with jobs. One job, I should have just quit as soon as it became clear the manager and her friends wanted me gone, because it was far too much stress for what I was getting paid. Lesson learned.

But I can tell you this much--the last few times it happened, I just did my job and didn't care. There's an old saying: If you're on thin ice, you might as well dance. Meaning don't be afraid of what might happen and just do your thing. Besides, I'm sure you'll be fine. You're a good employee for them.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Ted.

At least I know my boss is actually on my side. From now on I'll just have to be careful.

Welcheren

Registered
Reaction score
Good morning Royals!
Good morning Grand Queen!

(It's 09h21 over here).

Coffee for everyone! The servants will be around shortly wherever you wish to take breakfast.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, coffee! Bless you, Prince Welcheren!

Good Thursday (though I had a heck of a time spelling that before the coffee :greenie), dear Royals. Are there plans today? I do hope those plans involve dragging more people into the castle. ;)

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, Royals!

I'm off work again, this time because of all the snow. We got about 7 inches, which would make it impossible for me to do any type of work. I'm curious if the tree surgery crews are even working. Trying to hall brush in that much snow would be extremely difficult.