Royalty for a Week, and Shameless The Rest of The Time (Volume IV)

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Sorry for my absence, dear royals. ARORL duties mean I’m pulling 12+ hour days right now. I’ll check back in as I can but for the foreseeable future your queen will be a bit absent.

Duchess, I hope you had a wonderful birthday and I’m sorry to have missed it.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Royals!

Well, my lay off lasted all of a day. I was back to work on Monday. We're considered essential work and therefore can continue operations. My boss just called us off last Friday just to make sure everything was okay.

I've been playing games on line with my friends via live streaming. It's not quite the same as playing in person, but it'll do for now.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, your Majesty.

Good morning, dear Royals.

Sorry for my absence, dear royals. ARORL duties mean I’m pulling 12+ hour days right now. I’ll check back in as I can but for the foreseeable future your queen will be a bit absent.

We'll work with it. Take good care of you. Eat healthy. Get as much sleep as possible. You are going to need it to stay healthy. :Hug2:

Duchess, I hope you had a wonderful birthday and I’m sorry to have missed it.

It's alright, my Queen. We can have a celebration when the world stops being so insane. It will provide a reason to eat more cake. ;)

Good evening, Royals!

Well, my lay off lasted all of a day. I was back to work on Monday. We're considered essential work and therefore can continue operations. My boss just called us off last Friday just to make sure everything was okay.

I've been playing games on line with my friends via live streaming. It's not quite the same as playing in person, but it'll do for now.

That's great that you get to keep working, Princess LadyV! I'm glad you found a work around so you can still maintain your social contacts, even if it's not quite the same. It sounds like things are going well for you. :)

K Robert Donovan

Wishing Upon a Star...
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and salutations my fellow royals.

All is well in our household - our son just returned from Africa after spending in excess of 40 hours in the air traveling via Uganda, Ethiopia, South Africa, Togo, Houston, Washington DC, then home to TN. The poor boy was exhausted. He has assumed a precautionary 14 days self-isolation but is fit as a fiddle. He's already put in his order for different foods he would like to have now that he is home. He even helped me with the yard-work today - of course he had no contact with any neighbors.

I am busy working on a query letter and synopsis and just posted my query out on QLH. I hope to start the formal query process in April.

I hope everyone is well and staying safe. All the best - KRD

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello Your Majesty and Royals!

Happy belated birthday Grand Duchess! ;)

Sorry real life got in the way. I'm at home and staying in except for going out for food and essentials. I, like Robert, hope everyone is well and staying safe. I'm using this time to read and write much more and it's Day 26 on quitting smoking for me.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Good to see you again, Prince KRD. Good luck with your query letter. Let us know how the process in QLH goes for you.

Prince Daniel! Royal Bard, we could use some music to liven up these halls. :)

Stay safe, everyone. :Hug2:

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Royals.

My weekend has begun. It feels so strange staying home on Fridays. This is usually my game night. My friends and I will be playing something online in a bit. That's all we can do right now, but it's at least something.

Daniel - congrats on being smoke-free for 26 days!

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, lovely Royals!

I trust everyone is staying safe. Our illustrious queen is keeping herself busy. How's everyone else?

Princess LadyV, how did you game night online go? What game did you and your compatriots play?

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Royalty!

It's a beautiful day in my part of the kingdom. Not a cloud in the sky!

Ambrosia - it went quite well! We've been playing games online almost every night. The type of games we play are typically roll and writes, which usually involves rolling some dice, then filling out corresponding numbers or symbols on a sheet. We've recently been trying other games too. I'm really missing face-to-face gaming, but this fine for now. It's just nice to keep in touch.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Ambrosia - it went quite well! We've been playing games online almost every night. The type of games we play are typically roll and writes, which usually involves rolling some dice, then filling out corresponding numbers or symbols on a sheet. We've recently been trying other games too. I'm really missing face-to-face gaming, but this fine for now. It's just nice to keep in touch.

Are you able to use a type of video chat or is it regular chat, for instance with Discord?

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score

Are you able to use a type of video chat or is it regular chat, for instance with Discord?

We've done both, but our primary communication method is Discord. It works really well.

K Robert Donovan

Wishing Upon a Star...
Registered
Reaction score
Good day fellow Royals. We are well and hope the same for others.

I posted another query draft in QLH. I think its a good improvement over prior drafts.

Re: virtual games - We set up a facetime connection with some of our remote kids and play board games. We've played Settlers of Catan, Powergrid, Formula D, and Clank in Space. We're going to try Wingspan and Azul.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

It is really awesome that people are able to still connect and game. The Internet is rather wonderful.

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings, Your Majesty, Royals,

Looks like everyone is doing well -- I hope so! How is everyone? How are you finding the castle's excellent disposition for social distancing?
Any plans for Easter? How are you going to celebrate the event, if you celebrate it?

This dragon has been busy creating colouring challenges -- line drawings for people (adults) to colour. If you're curious or want to have a go, the thread is "Colouring Challenge in a Pandemic" in Office Party.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Royals!

Easter will just be with my immediate family. My aunt has hosted the entire family since I was born, but with social distancing, it just couldn't happen this year. It's for the best anyway. My uncle isn't very healthy, and we'd all be upset if he caught Corona. I'll miss seeing everyone, but I, my parents, and my brother will make the best of it.

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Royals!

I hope you are all well!

I have finished my college diploma and earned three A+'s this final semester. I feel it's a good way to finish up before considering, at a later time, a degree. I earned good marks throughout and my CGPA is high. I am satisfied with that.

My writing is going well too. I've been keeping up. I try to always write every day, at least a little. That is doing me wonders.

We are moved into a new house at a much less cost- good thing we moved two weeks ago as well.

LadyV! Board game night online? That sounds like a big win and super fun. It's great you can do that.

Grand Duchess, I greet you and hope you are well! *Serenades with a harp melody*

Robert, good to hear from you too!

I'm also glad to note that the site is working quicker for me now. At my last post, it took about five minutes to load from going to one forum to sub-forum, topic to topic, altogether. Now, is back to normal. I am very glad and hope to be on here more.

Keep safe all!

P.S. Day 39 of not smoking. I've got it now! No more cigarettes for me.

Last edited:

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Royals!

Winter weather has returned here. I feel like Mother Nature is playing a late April Fools joke. It's not funny, and making it impossible to get some of my work done.

Last edited:

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, my Queen. Royals.

:Hug2: Your Majesty.

I'm planting seeds in repurposed single serving applesauce containers. Wish me luck.

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in my mind... it echoes in here ...
Good luck with your seeds, Duchess, and may they grow and thrive in a splendid manner and produce much.

We're finally coming into warmer weather up here, and I'm ready to go back to work after taking this last week off due to cold stuff. I spent four hours clearing my south fence today - two to go - but it was the longest. The past dead honeysuckle vines were piling up, as were the wild trees. It looks so much cleaner now, but the the neighborhood cat who often used the mass of dead vines as a pathway will have to hoof it on the ground.

I trust all are doing well and looking forward to the warmer temps on the way.

Get some rest Queen Glitter.

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings gracious glittering Queen! *Bows*

Hail Royals!

I wish you luck Grand Duchess!

Good to hear from you Knightly Brad! Warmer temperatures are coming my way in Canuck-land as well.

I am hoping that you are all well!

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, my Queen. Good morning, Royals.

Your Majesty, I hope you are taking every opportunity for self-care while you are dealing with life. :Hug2:

It is good to see Royals here. I know the times are difficult. Connection is important. I will try to come in more often to say hi and touch base. I hope all of you will, too.

There have been storms the last two days that have required me to unplug my computer. I think the storms are past now. It is a beautiful, quiet, still morning. Still overcast, but I can live with that. I enjoy overcast.

Be safe, everyone.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Royals.

Just stopping by. I only realized today that I haven't been around for a while. Things my way have been fine. I got a new bike over the weekend and enjoyed a ride on Sunday.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, my enduring Queen.

Good morning/afternoon/evening, dear Royals.

I had quite the scare yesterday. We had severe weather yesterday and in one of the storms was an embedded tornado. The forecast cone put us in the path. We live in a manufactured house, so there is no protection even against a small tornado. Apparently this one was not small. During the tornado warning I went to the safest place I could think of, the inner hallway. The storm track at the last minute veered from its Northeast trajectory to an almost directly East trajectory. If it hadn't of done that, I'm fairly certain we would have been hit. Because of it changing direction, it hit two towns. One is 27 miles away and the other town is 11 miles away. It was a very close call.

I feel sorry for the people who lost their homes and loved ones in the storm. Three people died in Onalaska and at least 20 were injured. The news reports say the tornado was very large.

The water table is so high here there is no chance of building a storm shelter. The slightest rains currently have ponds forming in the yard, and I'm not talking small ponds. The ground has been so saturated for months that walking across the lawn when it has had several days to "dry" feels like walking across swamp lands. It sucks.

I hope you are all well and safe. Take good and gentle care of you.