Royalty for a Week, and Shameless The Rest of The Time (Volume IV)

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, your Majesty.

Good Tuesday, dear Royals.

Prince Porter, why are there no 2x4s in the moat?

*Settles down to drink coffee.*

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
is a pattern anything like a MO?
Maaaybe...In a more crafty and not criminal way. XD

My WiFi is currently behaving. I have no idea what happened to it when last I posted, but it fixed itself later that evening. Who knows?
My wifi did the exact same thing a couple weeks ago. Things randomly couldn't connect and after banging my head against the wall trying to figure out what was wrong, it randomly fixed itself with for no discernible reason. I mean, I'm glad it fixed itself, but would have just as much preferred it not have an issue in the first place if I'm not the one who had to fix it.

And it's raining again. We really don't need anymore.
This. My backyard is now so squishy even the puppy doesn't want to run around back there, which is a problem when it comes to her getting energy out. I. Want. The. Rain. To. Stop.

Morning, Cantina. I'm happy because I made an Etsy sale yesterday! It's been a slow year and my parents and I literally screamed when my phone went CHA-CHING! XD

Today will involve continuing to try to improve my Etsy Pinterest stuff because, OF COURSE, Etsy likes horizontal pictures whereas Pinterest likes vertical pictures, so I can't just post straight from Etsy to Pinterest using the app because then the pins don't look good, which means I have to manually create pins with the properly shaped picture, which is really annoying and time-consuming, but I don't know what else to do. At least now I know that the photos don't convert well between the two platforms, so when I photograph new items, I'll just automatically take a nice vertical shot along with all the other shots for Etsy so it won't be an issue in the future. I only wish I had known this sooner because this is really annoying. I want time to write again...*whimper*

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
Prince Porter, why are there no 2x4s in the moat?

errrr ... the Royal Moose Club ... had a little get-together last night ... ok, the last few nights

* contacts brother Smirnoff and the local keeper of the processed sap to remedy problem *

Tankers should be lined up over the next few days in response.

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
*puts out query for hiring a mining engineer *

*sharpens critter claws at the mention of a query*

Yay! A query in the castle that I can--

*reads query*

Oh. Well then.

*retracts claws and slinks back to royal chambers*

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Royals.

What a soggy, miserable day. I made almost no money for all the hours I worked, and I got bit twice on the face by mosquitoes. Despite all that, I'm in good spirits. I think since I expected to have a lousy day, it didn't get me down.

On the bright side, my dad bought a new vehicle. He wanted something with all-wheel drive during the winter. I may follow suit in getting a new ride, but I haven't made a decision yet.

Crayonz

Tribal Flame Warden Ducky
Registered
Reaction score
Porter said:
* contacts brother Smirnoff and the local keeper of the processed sap to remedy problem *
Did someone say vodka?!

.... oh. Well, if anyone needs me, I'll be down in the cellar.

Duchess said:
If I were meant to jump through hoops I would be an animal in a circus.

:roll::roll:

I need to tell that to my instructors one of these days.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Good Wednesday, dear Royals.

Today I have chiro. :snoopy:

Now to go feed the dogs and make coffee.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Royals, Great Mage Mac has posted a thread in Office Party that is not a light thread. Everyone should go read it, and comment as you see appropriate. Please. Pass the word. This is important.

Paging Everyone Here

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"Go ahead. Do it. It will be fun." Duchess Ambrosia sipped her coffee as she looked toward the staircase leading to the upper floors.

"But, your Grace! I'll be fired!" said the steward, trying to keep the large hand bell he held silent.

"Really? Who is going to fire you? After all, who hired you? Who pays you? Who sends extra home for your family?"

He stared at the duchess for a moment. Then he sighed and drooped his shoulders. "As you wish, your Grace."

"Stand extra close to Prince Porter's door, will you? And you may wish to leave King Daniel's floor unmolested. The king needs his sleep."

"Of course, your Grace."

Jeff turned toward the steps and started climbing. He glanced down at the duchess once he reached the top. She was smirking and then took a sip of her coffee. She made a little shooing motion with her other hand. Then she leaned back against a pillar, holding her coffee cup like it was made of gold. Jeff walked down the corridor until he reached the first bedroom door. He took a deep breath, then started ringing the bell for all he was worth while shouting, "Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" He ran the length of the corridor then hit the stairs to the next level where he continued his routine. He covered all the sleeping levels, then dropped the bell in a potted plant and sped down the servant's stairs.

Good Thursday, dear Royals.

:greenie

Going for more coffee now.

Last edited:

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Morning, Royals. The weatherpeople said there would be more rain today, and it *is* cloudy, but not actually raining. Seeing how they lied about supposedly having sunny weather last week, here's hoping they lied about the rain today. :p

71 Etsy Pinterest posts down, 25 to go. I. Want. This. Done.

Royals, Great Mage Mac has posted a thread in Office Party that is not a light thread. Everyone should go read it, and comment as you see appropriate. Please. Pass the word. This is important.

Paging Everyone Here

Thanks for sharing, Ambrosia. I'll go check it out.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Royals.

We weren't supposed to have rain today, and, what a surprise, it's raining! I was supposed to go to the car dealership, but nixed those plans. At least it held off until after work.

And speaking of work, what an awful day all caused by my own stupidity. First I ran out of water, so I had to make a trip back to the shop. Then I ran out of fuel for my sprayer engine. Unbeknownst to me, letting a diesel engine completely run out is really bad because they won't start back up. So then I had to go completely out of my way to the mechanic so he could get the engine running again. Then after all that, I nearly thought I was going to be attacked by two dogs when I entered a backyard and didn't know they were there. Nothing happened, other than getting the crap scared out me, but the experience left me feeling drained the rest of the day.

So yeah, not the best of days. It seems for me, when one thing goes wrong, everything just snowballs.

Last edited:

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Happy Friday, dear Royals.

So yeah, not the best of days. It seems for me, when one thing goes wrong, everything just snowballs.

The snowballing effect is irritating, isn't it? :Hug2:

On the bright side, it didn't rain on you at work and you now know more than you did about diesel engines. At least it was a piece of equipment and not your truck.

I am having coffee. The day is overcast. It seems all the days are going to be overcast in the foreseeable future. It's a good thing overcast does not bother me. :greenie

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Sorry about the stinky bad day, LadyV. :Hug2:

Morning, Royals. Today I get back to writing and then I'll go get my flu shot so I can stay a healthy princess. The black and white crochet fingerless gloves also need to be photographed so I can get a listing put up for them in my shop.

ETA: Oh...We're also getting a new microwave while we're out because the old one died in a rather impressive arcing blaze of glory last night that left a black burn mark on the inside. To say the least, I jumped and screamed when it happened and old microwave is now removed from the counter and ready to go to the dump.

Last edited:

Crayonz

Tribal Flame Warden Ducky
Registered
Reaction score
*wanders out of cellar with some coffee spiked with Bailey's*

Flu shots are awful. I just got mine yesterday and now my arm won't stop hurting. It's driving me up the wall.

Also, I must run a 5k tomorrow. I have no idea what I was thinking. I don't run more than a mile at a time, much less three....

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, your Majesty. Where are you popping in from and popping out to, my king?

Good Saturday, dear Royals.

Princess E.F.B., what a harrowing experience! Though seeing a microwave die in an arcing blaze of glory would have been something. I'm glad the only casualty was the microwave.

Princess Crayonz, I do hope you survive the 5k and it goes well for you. :Hug2:

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
*wanders out of cellar with some coffee spiked with Bailey's*

Flu shots are awful. I just got mine yesterday and now my arm won't stop hurting. It's driving me up the wall.

Also, I must run a 5k tomorrow. I have no idea what I was thinking. I don't run more than a mile at a time, much less three....
Sorry your shot is making your arm hurt. :( How much it bothers me seems to depend on the year. So far my shoulder is only a little sore and I had the teensiest bit of queasy feelings last night, but right now I feel okay aside from the usual morning tiredness.

Good luck with the marathon! Go for a personal best! I will never do a marathon because I get shin splints if I run more than a few yards. :p Seems to be a genetic things because my dad always got shin splints really easy, too in his younger days.

Morning, Royals. A shiny new microwave has been obtained and seems to be working fine. All other errands got done yesterday, too, so as far as I know there's nowhere to go today and I will continue the editing of The Shadow People, as well as sending the new Etsy listing on it's social media rounds. In the meanwhile, the sky is finally blue and the sun is shining!!!! Yaaaaaaaay! Maybe the backyard will finally dry out and we can play with the royal puppy without slipping and sliding around.

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Hello, fellow Royals. Your Majesty.

*sneezes in a cloud of glitter* I seem to have a cold, on top of other life shenanigans. Am furiously taking meds and vitamins to make it go away before my dear friend arrives tomorrow night - she's also a coworker and will freak out if I make her sick since she's got lots of travel upcoming...(although, it WOULD be sweet revenge, given she's the one that got me horribly sick at the tail end of my Mexico trip last year. But I am above such things.)

*wanders off to servants' quarters, with plans to have a stern talk with whomever ran around the castle halls the other day banging on something when her sparkleness was trying to rest BECAUSE LIFE SHENANIGANS.*

*Hides scythe at Duchess' warning look*

*Mutters that she was just going to swipe it awkwardly through the air a few times and glare*

*mutters some more*

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Some days, it pays to be a dragon. *pushes a molten object into the great hall. Said object resembles a bell in a previous life.*

Whose infernal contraption is this?

*Growl*

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Good Sunday, dear Royals.

Some days, it pays to be a dragon. *pushes a molten object into the great hall. Said object resembles a bell in a previous life.*

Whose infernal contraption is this?

*Growl*

I can honestly say I have never seen that glowing molten object before in my life. You might ask Prince Porter. He is always up to shenanigans.

*Sips coffee.*

Last edited: