Royalty for a Week, and Shameless The Rest of The Time (Volume IV)

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in my mind... it echoes in here ...
Every day is a good day to begin new beginnings, or habits, Your Majesty,

May your agenda meet your Royal expectations.

Tis busy in my personal realm, and it shall remain so as long as the weather allows. We've much to do before the snow flies and the freeze deepens, but until then I'll do as I'm able as best as I'm able - something we should all aspire to. It's been a grueling Autumn stint, but very rewarding.

I trust you all are doing well and looking forward to your goals with expectations and perseverance. I miss all of the absent Royals and await their glorious return.

Be happy and blessed, all!

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Sir Knight. Royals.

I have managed to write a poem today. It isn't much, but it is a start. It is my hope I can return to a way with words. My pen has been too long silent.

Check in, Royals. Your suites await.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, dear Royals.

It is a lovely Saturday. My thoughts are reaching out to each of you. Come home. You are greatly missed.

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon, Your Majesty,

It's turned cooler in these parts and work is still coming in. I trust and pray I can at least take care of the needs of my regulars before the snow flies, but it's clear I won't get to all the construction projects I should bid on. I sense a change in the winds of life, and we shall see where that might lead. I'm praying for direction and the grace to fulfill that which lies before me, and I also pray the same for all of you.

Make the most of the coming week, and may it lead to a bright and blessed future.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

My 15 yo grandniece was in a bad car accident Sunday night. She was riding with friends and had fallen asleep in the backseat. The car rolled several times and she was ejected out through the back window. She of course has cuts and bruises all over her body from the broken glass and landing outside the car as well as a huge bump on her head. She also has a pelvis broken in 3 places, a lacerated liver, spleen, and kidney, and an air pocket behind one of her lungs.

She's also around 3 months pregnant. As of Sunday night her fetus was still alright but I've had no further updates on her pregnancy since then.

She is headed into surgery this morning. The doctors used yesterday to try to stabilize her and bring her blood pressure and pulse rate back up.

I'm not sure how much I will be around the castle for the next few days. I didn't want you to think I'd abandoned you all.

Last edited:

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

My grandniece came through surgery alright, she is out of ICU now and in a regular bed in the children's wing. They are going to start her on physical therapy soon. It is a major relief.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Happy Halloween!
:e2bouncey

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Your Highness,

I'm glad your grandniece and her baby will be okay. I pray for her speedy recovery and that the therapy will help her gain full mobility.

Life is precious.

My weekend is going just fine, and work is still going strong. It's been a very good year.

I'll be trick or treating myself, and have a few goodies I can give me after I finish supper. I'm dressing up as a chillaxing landscaper, in sweats and a tee shirt. It looks so natural on me. :)

Have a great weekend, all!

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Sir Brad, what a perfect Halloween costume. I trust your night was peaceful.

I am battling the morning of the time change. I wish the government would leave the clocks alone. It messes with my mind and I have to reset all the clocks and the alarms for when meds are supposed to be taken and it is a royal pain. Just pick one, for everyone's sake and stop messing with our perception of time!

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was homeless for a bit and am now in hospital with new medications and lost a bunch of weight in a healthy way.

Hail Your Majesty and Royals!

Soon!

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, dear Royals.

Prince Daniel, you are in my thoughts. :Hug2:

November already. It sure is an odd sensation of time, journeying through this year.

Stay safe, everyone.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I realize I have not been out of my suites for almost two weeks. Things have been happening that rather sidelined my ability to come out of hiding. My brother and sis-in-law had gone up to be with my grandniece. During that trip my brother wound up in the hospital with AFib and congestive heart failure. So I have been a mess of worry, even though I know worry doesn't do anyone any good. My grandniece and my brother are now both out of the hospital and home. My brother is doing fine now. My grandniece did not get the physical therapy she needs to learn how to walk again due to a lack of insurance. That seems criminal to me. But it is the state of the U.S. at the moment.

I hope all of you are doing alright. Come hang out with me while I drink coffee. I'll make sure the staff brings you your favorite beverage.

Can you believe November is almost half way done?

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon, Queen Ambrosia,

November is moving along, and I trust we'll get my customer's places to bed for winter before the snow flies and the ground freezes. Last year at this time we were several inches deep in snow and ended up shutting down early for the year. This year is much better, and the forecast portends milder temps ahead - at least in the near run. I'll get along with whatever God sends my way, because I know who's in charge of life and its living as far as I'm concerned. T'would be nice that all have that assurance.

Queen Ambrosia, I'm glad to hear that your brother and grandniece are doing better, and it's sad that therapy isn't forthcoming for her. There is such a thing as an Internet Search that might bring to light things she could do to hasten her recovery. It takes discipline and know-how, but the things she can do to help her situation are available with research and the desire to return to normal life.

I'm happy to have a cup of coffee with you. One of my regulars called me this morning to come over and have coffee with her, and also pay me for a small job I did concerning emptying some pepper pots and trimming a couple of rose bushes we left from our recent trimming since they were loaded with blooms. It was pleasant drinking coffee and looking out at the lake as the rain fell. When her housekeeper showed up, I helped them get out the Christmas decorations from the lower level, and there were a lot of them - tubs and boxes and bags of stuff. It was nice to have the opportunity to help.

Enjoy your weekend and don't let life catch you up in stress. Worrying doesn't help anything.

Last edited:

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Welcome back, Prince Daniel. :)

Sir Brad, I'm glad you are having good weather later into the season so you can get your work buttoned up.

I trust everyone is enjoying this wonderful Sunday. Let me know how you're doing.

Now back to my coffee. :e2coffee:

Last edited:

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

The Castle is lonely. I wish all the Royals would return so they could regale me with their adventures.

Perhaps they will return soon. In the meantime, I suppose it just means more coffee for me. :Coffee:

Have a lovely day, dear Royals, wherever you are.

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I trust you enjoyed your coffee, Majesty,

I'm sure I was enjoying mine at the same time, so that's like having it together. Right? Right!

Welcome back, Prince Daniel, I pray all is working out well. We all have challenges and hurdles to meet in life, and overcoming them is what we're about.

Your Highness, I have so many tales of adventure it would fill volumes. It's a good thing I keep a log in my pocket calendar. This coming Thursday we go on a hunt - a hunt for TV's. There are poor, abandoned TV's littering alleyways that the garbage disposal folks can't take because their disposal must be done according to the environmental laws. As vice-president of CONO (Coalition of Neighborhood Organizations) I've been volunteered to take part in the round-up. I actually enjoy participating since it helps clean up the neighborhoods, and also helps those who don't have the resources to dispose of the TV's. We have enough funds to round up 58 TV's and turn them over to the folks who recycle such things. I look forward to it, and it's supposed to be a gorgeous day, weather-wise.

See? An adventure exploring alley ways and herding TV's onto a trailer.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Sir Brad, good luck with your adventure. I wonder what else you will find lurking in alleyways.

Have a lovely day, everyone. I'm drinking 2 day old coffee. If I get any energy I will remedy that situation.

Until next time. Ta ta!

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

In the ARoRL, it is still warmish here. 53 degrees Fahrenheit is cool, but not bad. It will warm up a bit today and make for a lovely fall day. I harvested sweet potatoes I had grown in a container yesterday. It was a nice yield for a container. I'm happy with it. Now I'm trying to "cure" them. We shall see if I am successful in that endeavor.

I am satisfied with my summer's experiment on growing food. I have learned things, of course. Plant earlier. Don't put a basil plant in with sweet potatoes if you want an easier harvest because the roots get all mingled and it makes the whole process more difficult.
I have learned I can grow enough basil to feed a small army from two plants and that I prefer purple basil to green. The purple has a milder flavor and it grows into a robust and beautiful plant.
I have learned I'm not too great at keeping tomatoes and squash alive in a container. But then, my method of watering might have something to do with that. I just dump water into it when it needs water. Scientific, right? ;) I grew the tomato and the squash from seeds, and I didn't get them outside quickly enough either. Which might have had something to do with their failure.
I purchased oregano, mint, and a pepper plant at the store. The oregano is doing alright. And the mint and sweet pepper plants I bought at the store did well. The pepper is still trying to grow but it is the end of the season and all the peppers are harvested so I'm going to have to let its raggedy self go. It would have gotten bigger and produced bigger peppers if I would have had a bigger pot for it. Perhaps next summer. I'm going to try to bring the mint and oregano inside, if I can just find a place to put it.

Today I finally see my new cardiologist. I have been without a cardiologist since mid-August when mine moved out of state. I am anxious. I need to be a match for this new dr and visa versa. I need some help with my heart issues. I hope everything goes exceedingly well today.

I know life has intruded on our ability to be writing and having fun. Sometimes people just don't have the peace of mind to show up. I hope all the Royals are well. If you get a chance, check in with me. Your queen worries.

Remember, there is always fresh coffee on. And if your beverage choice is something other than coffee, we've got that too.

Have a lovely day, everyone.

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon, Your Highness,

It's almost as quiet here as in the Air Duct. Thanks for stopping by and writing on the walls. The weather here has cooled and rain has drizzled for a few days. That's okay, we finished up all the work needing done this year, though there are still three wall projects and a patio out there. The wall jobs I'll put on ice until next year, though the patio is possible if the weather agrees - and I decide to come out of hibernation.

Hibernation feels good after the year we've put in, and taking two or three months off sounds good at the moment, what with it raining outside and the weather cooling. I have plenty to do around here, what with some art projects, guitar playing, and more writing needing doing.

We finished up our CONO abandoned TV project. It took two days and finished up last Monday. We corralled a total of 63 TV's, and more than a few of them the huge, old console TV's with tubes. Those things were heavy, cumbersome, and took a up a lot of room. Traveling the alleys of the inner city was a sad journey. The need in those areas is a lot more than just picking up the discarded TV's, and it would be nice to make a concerted effort to clean up those neighborhoods. It would take a lot of manpower, trucks, and front-end loaders to do a decent job, as well as grading, cutting back the wild trees, and graveling the alleys. That means money and working with the city to get the job done. We shall see what happens.

Meantime, methinks I'll kick back to do some writing, and some serious guitar playing.

I've decided I want to be a rock and roll star when (if) I grow up.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

And for those in the States, Happy Thanksgiving!

It is good to see you, Sir Brad and Prince Daniel. I hope both of you have a most lovely Thursday.

I'm heading back to my coffee now. It is a good morning for hot coffee. :e2coffee:

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I hope everyone is enjoying the last Sunday of the month of November. December will soon be here with all the changes it will bring. I have brought what plants I can inside and covered up the plants with mulch that are left outside. Not that I think it will help since those plants are in planters instead of in the ground. But it was all I could do with this grand experiment.

I'm having trouble getting my brain back into writing mode. I thought by now it would be in full pursuit of the story before it. But it's not. I don't understand and I don't know how to get it there. My health hasn't been good and I wonder if my health combined with the worry this year has laid at all of our feet is creating a block for me. I have to get back to my words. I feel like I'm starving inside.

Let me know how you all are doing. If you see any of our wandering Royals, point them back toward home.

Have a lovely Sunday.

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
The Duchess asks, and so she shall receive. ;)
The Castle is lonely. I wish all the Royals would return so they could regale me with their adventures.
Oohh, I have been gone awhile. You went from Duchess to Queen of the Realm.
*bows* Greetings, your majesty, from your favorite mad dungeon mistress. Hope your niece is on the mend.
*waves hello to Daniel and Sir Brad* :hi: Hope all is well.

I'm not sure if my time away in the RoRL has been an adventure or a horror story. Think I'm better off in the dungeon with my spiders.

Guess I'll stick with the positive stuff.
I procured a new steed for my husband.
https://wildhorsesonline.blm.gov/animals/13023815

Caught up on some projects. Enjoyed the extra time with my family since we are all trapped at home together more than usual.

On the writing front, I've had two short stories accepted to anthologies. One is out now, and I think the other should be coming late Spring.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KRM9HQC/?tag=absowrit-20
My story is "A Rock and a Crow".

The weather is turning, and I'm spending more time inside, so I will try to pop in more often. :Jump:

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Your Majesty, Daniel, and 'Wicked'!

Yes, it has been awhile since you've graced the castle, and it's about time. :) Love the horse, but I'm thinkin' your hubby's hat doesn't fit the style of...umm...bein' a cowboy. No self-respecting cowboy would wear a bump cap, he'd take his licks for falling off the horse. I've seen enough old westerns to know such things. Just sayin... They do make a fine pair.

Ya think I might be expecting a big crate here in Illinois that whinnied? I'd feed him and ride him and tell him what a fine animal he is everyday. Honest! I'd even let him come inside and share my cat's bedroom. Yep, my cat has his own bedroom.

It's good seeing you, Wicked, and recently I've saved several spiders that crossed my path during work. I also save earthworms, and most every other critter I find during jobs. It's there turf, after all, though those that come in the house are in danger of becoming extinct.

Glad to hear things are going well, Daniel. Hang in there knowing that things will get better.

Queen Ambrosia, I trust and pray your creativity will abound. It's not something that can be forced. I've already read one 600+ page book in two days, and am starting another. Both books are more sampling what's out there than anything else, and I've come to the conclusion that my writing is better. Of course there might some bias involved in that conclusion, but it gives me hope that I wasn't real impressed with the writing or style of either of them. For true inspiration I go to the older classics. Tolkien and the Bible come to mind - especially the Bible. I've never read a book more diverse and expansive.

It'll come to you. Just relax and let your mind find the path it should go. I need to do the same with my next book - I already have a whole page written - though I'll be spending time getting my first published.

I'll let ya know. :)