Royalty for a Week, and Shameless The Rest of The Time (Volume IV)

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy birthday, Ambrosia! Glad to see you in the Castle. And try to think of the ugly land as a blank canvas. There are always ways to improve. :)
Yes. I may have to call Sir Brad in for this one. ;)

Thanks Royals. Miss you all, too. :)

Welcheren

Picking up tools, honing edges
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Duchess Ambrosia

*tackle hugs*

I am so happy to see you back. It's been too long. Sorry that I missed your birthday yesterday.

I sincerely hope that even the ... shall we call them disagreeable ... people over at your current residence treated you well.

Maybe your new home will become a lovely little haven as soon as you have had time to settle in and dolly it up.

On another note... damn this is proving more difficult than I thought... The thing is, all the Royals have their troubles. I am very happy and honoured to offer as much support as I can, but I still have a hard time asking for it. I guess the main reason is that I don't feel my problems are anything major in the larger scheme of things. It's not like I am threatened by a natural disaster or anything. Even so, I really could do with some positive waves from you guys about now. Things are not going well at work. They haven't for a while, and are not set to improve. I need my zest & zeal back... soon, but it's not happening.

Just cross you fingers is all I'm saying.

Last edited:

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Prince Welcheren - I totally understand what you mean. I feel like my troubles, if I have any, are so trivial compared to others. Sometime I worry I come off sounding whiny. Anyway, I'm sending you good vibes in hopes things will improve with work. :)

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning/Afternoon/Evening, dear Royals and Regent.

*Tackle Hugs* Prince Welcheren!

My dear prince, of course I will send positive thoughts your way that you can reclaim what is most important to you about your job. And there is never any reason not to ask for support from your Royal family. We are here for you, my friend. Always. :Hug2:

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Your Duchess woke up yesterday to realize she is old.

She wonders where her life has gone and if she will have enough of it left to see her writing dreams realized.

That's what I'm pondering. How are you all doing? ;)

Beanie5

Live a poem...Or die a fool. \/
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back your Grace, And birthday wishes,

Lifes trials are tricky, but I have faith all here will prevail, we are the goodies after all.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In the last couple months I have had a brother and a sister pass away. And then my birthday yesterday reminded me of years gone by. I'm just feeling a bit mortal. Doing my best to turn that into a positive motivation. :)

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, Royals!

I have plans later this afternoon. Right now, I'm just lazing.

Welcheren

Registered
Reaction score
In the last couple months I have had a brother and a sister pass away. And then my birthday yesterday reminded me of years gone by. I'm just feeling a bit mortal. Doing my best to turn that into a positive motivation. :)

I am very sorry to hear about your loss, dear Duchess. I'm not sure how we can cope with our mortality. Currently, I am reading Atul Gawande's Being Mortal on that very subject. I will let you know if it's any good for dealing with those feelings.

You writing dreams might yet have a future. Either way, you have already had a positive impact on the people who have been privileged to test-read some of your work.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon, Royals.

For a change, it's a rather nice day. Sunny, not nearly as cold. I'd like to go hiking somewhere, but I'm worry my back would protest. It's being real jerk recently.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am very sorry to hear about your loss, dear Duchess. I'm not sure how we can cope with our mortality. Currently, I am reading Atul Gawande's Being Mortal on that very subject. I will let you know if it's any good for dealing with those feelings.

You writing dreams might yet have a future. Either way, you have already had a positive impact on the people who have been privileged to test-read some of your work.
I await your review of the book. :)

Thank you, and the other Royals, who have offered kind words. I'm doing ok, really. Just pushing myself up off my resting place to get back in motion again. I have been still too long. I tend to notice moss growing when that happens. ;)

Good afternoon, Royals.

For a change, it's a rather nice day. Sunny, not nearly as cold. I'd like to go hiking somewhere, but I'm worry my back would protest. It's being real jerk recently.
Perhaps you need some physical therapy for your back, Princess LadyV. Physical therapy can be a decidedly good thing for back pain.

Good Sunday, everyone. I trust your day is going well. If it isn't, change it. Make it into a day you are at the very least content to live in. :)

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
All Hail Queen Ambrosia! :Hail:

I await your review of the book. :)

Perhaps you need some physical therapy for your back, Princess LadyV. Physical therapy can be a decidedly good thing for back pain.

Maybe. I never looked into it. I do go to the chiropractor, and while most times I feel better afterwards, it didn't seem to help much this time.

I did manage the hike and it was quite pleasant, if I little muddy.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for serving as regent in a time of need, Prince Ted. I put enough jewels in your stipend to buy an extra something. Have fun!

Princess LadyV, although I value chiropractic I have found that physical therapy helps address issues that chiropractic doesn't. Physical therapy helps you learn how to strengthen areas so that your chiropractic treatments will last longer. It is to my shame that I did not keep up with the exercises from the last time I was in physical therapy for my back. If I had, then I probably wouldn't have such a sore back currently. But, given the state of life at the present, perhaps I would. I'll give myself a pass on this one. :greenie

Dear Royals, go forth and make someone's day. Even if it is your own. :)

Welcheren

Registered
Reaction score
All hail our new Queen!

I would post a picture of a lovely piece of jewellery as a gift, but the new rule with Google Images is making things difficult.

I just got a rejection e-mail from Tasty Minstrel Games for my card game idea. However, I am not at all bothered by it. It was my first try and I have other ideas. Unfortunately, Hasbro only accepts submissions from people residing in the US. :Shrug:

How is everyone today?

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, dear Royals!

Are there only 2 places that publish games, Prince Welcheren? You could always publish it yourself if you could raise the money. Anyone, what is the name of that site that allows people to put up things to gain funds to do things like that? (That convoluted sentence is due to a lack of good sleep. I know I'm a writer, but I can't even talk today let alone write. :greenie)

Welcheren

Registered
Reaction score
Shame, dear Duchess. Hope you get some decent sleep soon.

I am not quite so keen on Kickstarter just yet. It would take time that my job does not allow for at the moment. Besides, I don't think I am that entrepreneurial. Maybe I am just lazy.

Anyway, I am interested in a new project anyway.

What else is new at your end?

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Prince Welcheren,

It is said there is nothing new under the sun. I think that also applies to my life at the moment. ;)

Though, truth be told, I am working on my book again. So I guess that is new. :)