Royalty for a Week, and Shameless The Rest of The Time (Volume IV)

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Queen/Duchess Ambrosia, I volunteer to contact our Royal Thief, Princess Lil, in a venture to see where's been.
Which he did, so here I am.

Good morning, dearest Queen and royals. Please pardon my absence. I have been drowning in an ocean of writing, but finally got it done and submitted so I've got a bit of time on my hands again. I've missed you all greatly.

Welcheren

Picking up tools, honing edges
Registered
Reaction score
I am not too badly hurt - if any is interested to know. Princess Lil took pity on me, I guess.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
I have stolen everything not nailed down.

Sorry not sorry.

This is the price you pay for allowing me back into the castle.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not too badly hurt - if any is interested to know. Princess Lil took pity on me, I guess.

You were expecting me to hurt you? NEVER! Just steal your wallet, is all.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome home, Princess Lil. :)

I have a certain jewel I wish you to "find" for me. It is a glowing purple gem, the setting it is in is a golden hand, the palm cradling the gem, and the attached chain is interwoven leaves of finest gold. I'm sure it is around "here" somewhere. ;)

Take this sack of coins. A little something to help with the expenses of your search.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, Royals!

I'm off work again, this time because of all the snow. We got about 7 inches, which would make it impossible for me to do any type of work. I'm curious if the tree surgery crews are even working. Trying to hall brush in that much snow would be extremely difficult.

I hope you find a good use for your day off, Princess. Enjoy! :)

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
I got a call from working, saying I can collect unemployment for the week. That was a pleasant surprise.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good Friday, dear Royals. (Not the Good Friday, just a good Friday.) ;)

I trust everything is going well?

The weekend is coming up and we are without an incoming monarch. I'm throwing this out there to you. Who would YOU like to see on the throne next week? Find me someone. Or risk keeping me for another week.

Welcheren

Registered
Reaction score
I got a call from working, saying I can collect unemployment for the week. That was a pleasant surprise.

That is good news indeed (and only fair, given how things played out). How are things with your other half, if I may ask, Princess.

Dear Royals, Great Queen/Duchess
How are you all? Looking forward to the weekend?

I, for one, harbour no objections to seeing our Queen on the throne for a while still. Her wit commends her. I would volunteer to scan the Newbie page and solicit potential newlings, but things are just a faction busy at present.

By the way, has anyone in the Castle ever read Haroun and the Sea of Stories by Salman Rushdie? I am reading it now for work, and it is such a celebration of creativity. I would strongly recommend it for those interested in young adult fiction. It's in the same arena as Alice in Wonderland.

Last edited:

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Welcheren

Registered
Reaction score
Excellent news, Prince Ted.

How is everyone on this fine day (it's cool yet sunny over here).

Last edited:

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good Saturday, dear Royals.

It is cool (yet warm enough to stand outside in my short sleeves for a couple minutes) and cloudy here, with a feeling of rain. I bet if I check the weather forecast it says thundershowers today. Which is alright with me. I like storms. As long as there are no tornadoes. I do NOT like tornadoes.

I dreamt of writing right before I woke up. Isn't that odd?

Welcheren

Registered
Reaction score
I hope you get your thunder storm, Illustrious Queen/Duchess.

Maybe your brain is tinkering away at ideas while you sleep.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome home, Princess Lil. :)

I have a certain jewel I wish you to "find" for me. It is a glowing purple gem, the setting it is in is a golden hand, the palm cradling the gem, and the attached chain is interwoven leaves of finest gold. I'm sure it is around "here" somewhere. ;)

Take this sack of coins. A little something to help with the expenses of your search.
Thank you, I'll do my best.

Good morning, Royals. It's a chilly Saturday morning in my part of the RL. I hope you're all doing well. I'm just sitting down to my desk, thinking to do some writing. It's a good way to spend the day, right?

Have a wonderful day (or night).

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, Royals!

That is good news indeed (and only fair, given how things played out). How are things with your other half, if I may ask, Princess.

He's doing a well, a little bummed he couldn't purchase the land he wanted, but otherwise good. He's working midnight shifts so I don't get to see him much, but we try to spend as much time together as possible.

Welcheren

Registered
Reaction score
Good to hear. Pity about the deal falling through. I know he had big dreams for it.

Maybe what they say about absence and the heart is true, cliched though it might be.

Dear Princess Lil
Fingers crossed that you enjoy a productive day.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good Sunday, dear Royals.

I'm going out to breakfast because I deserve a break today. It's a little local diner, so nothing fancy. But the food is good and the price reasonable, and really what more is there when you go out for breakfast?

I'll check in later. In the meantime, do something kind for yourselves. Treating others with kindness is great, but sometimes we forget us.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, Royals.

I'll be going to the hockey game around noon today.

Welcheren

Registered
Reaction score
Dear Royals

Hope you enjoy an awesome hockey game, Princess LadyV.

Dear Queen/Duchess
Hope your breakfast is a delight. Having a place that balances price, taste and privacy is key to sanity, for me anyway. It's 18h11. So my weekend is steadily grinding to a close. Not pleasant. But I still have time to use wisely in accordance with our Queen's instructions.

Hope the rest of you have a delighful Sunday.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, dear Royals. It is thunderstorming here. What a beautiful morning! :greenie

May this day bring you everything you hope for on a Monday (make sure your hopes are good ones.)

Welcheren

Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, dear Royals. It is thunderstorming here. What a beautiful morning! :greenie

May this day bring you everything you hope for on a Monday (make sure your hopes are good ones.)

Damn, I got that one too late to hope big. Not a bad day though. How is everyone else?