Royalty for a Week, and Shameless The Rest of The Time (Volume IV)

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon, Royals.

I stopped home after my last job since it was about two blocks away. I got done early anyway.

Welcheren

Picking up tools, honing edges
Registered
Reaction score
An interesting offer just came my way.

A UK-based group wants to turn a research article I co-authored with a colleague into a short video. The idea is to communicate the ideas and findings to a broader audience, with all that pesky, convoluted language of the academy substituted for more widely accessible articulations. The point is that IF this is a legit offer and not some scam, the research will actually reach a broader audience, rather than reverberating in the echo chamber of university networks. Fingers crossed.

How is everyone else?
How goes work under the oppressive heel of facism corporations?
How is everyone's health and happiness?
And how does is life treating our Gloriously Colourful Monarch?

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, your Majesty.

Good Wednesday, dear Royals.

Prince Welcheren, I hope it is a legit offer and you get to share your research. That would be wonderful.

I am beginning to recover from this bad cold. I see signs that my body is lessening its grip, so that is great news to me. :)

How's everyone else doing?

TinaG

Registered
Reaction score
Great news Welcheren I Pray all goes well.
My sympathies Grand Duchess may your illness pass completely soon.

I am currently within the clutches of my job. Though I have loved it for many years it is time to part ways and it just doesn't want to let me go. "c'est la vie" sooner or later it is going to happen.

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The sun rises once more upon the lands.

iris-scott-cacti-sunrise-painting-print-on-wrapped-canvas.jpg

I have awoken!

10ladisl.jpg

Breakfast is served.

scene-of-a-medieval-banquet.jpg

Then, it will be time to relish in the day!

25378eacb3decb8eda55ec18a47bbb7e--aprons-plague.jpg

I am very glad our Grand Duchess is feeling better.

Very interesting, Prince of Alchemy Welcheren. I plan on reading another of your articles today. I will let you know which one in the eve.

Hail and farewell for now!

3Wm-mDUF_400x400.jpg

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Royals!

I'm glad the week will soon be coming to and end. Of course, I have to work Saturday, but I'm seriously thinking of making it a short day. At least I'll actually get a full weekend off thanks to the holiday.

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in my mind... it echoes in here ...
Good evening, Your Majesty, and busy Royals,

Work is moving apace, and the wall/patio/walkway we finished yesterday really looks good. The folks we did the work for have four more projects they want us to do when my schedule allows. We started a wall rebuild today that went well and we'll finish it tomorrow. More projects are coming in as we complete the ones already on the books and still have a three month backlog. One is building a pond with an attached flagstone patio - that'll be fun.

Have a great finish to your week, all, and enjoy your long Memorial Day weekend, remembering why we do so.

Those not in the US are always welcome to participate in our holidays, including our days off. I'm sure your employers will understand.

Welcheren

Registered
Reaction score
Saturday!

:e2woo:

My favourite!

How are my courtly peers this day? I hope everyone gets at least a few hours to themselves. Be kind with yourselves.

Acclaimed Monarch of the Realm, I wish you an excellent day.
I look forward to your assessment of my work, but I am also sure there are many more enthralling scrolls to peruse.

For those who feel like it, I have commissioned a jester, and here is a quick taste: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GGpz_w0ZJk

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I do believe I stayed on the throne for FAR too long, my scribe was VERY incorrect!

Here is him writing his resignation letter:

hermit-copier.jpg

I will announce the pass-off tomorrow! A new monarch awaits!

Meanwhile, I took up art as a pass-time and bestow this upon the ending of my reign:

14bf2ee5fa5090fc675ccbc1775574de--landscape-art-landscape-paintings.jpg

Now, I must depart.

154040_v1.jpg

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I trust his Majesty didn't leave before handing off the crown and scepter?

Good evening, everyone. This has been a quiet Sunday for me. How goes it?

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Almost like....there's the wind of change rustling through the countryside.... :greenie

I have handed off the scepter and crown! In-fact, I did so earlier today!

255px-Crown_Jewels.jpg

Let me assure you, the new monarch will be most satisfactory.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Do your loyal subjects get a hint, your Majesty? ;)

You have served the Realm with aplomb and grace. We will miss you, King Daniel. But, we will still have you around, so we won't miss you toooooo much. :greenie I have put a little extra into your weekly stipend as a thank you for your service. You were marvelous.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I must needs head to my chambers. I will welcome the new monarch on the morrow.

Good night, Royals. And sweetest of dreams to each and every one.

Welcheren

Registered
Reaction score
*Strolls by the throne room. Spots the crown and sceptre on the stop step of dias*

*Shuffles closer. Looks furtively around. "Oh what the hell!" Picks up the crown, stuffs it on my head, twirls the sceptre and sits down on the throne.*

Hail loyal subjects!

I thank my predecessor, the Muse-blessed Bard and Prince Daniel. History proclaims that a stupendous monarch is oft followed by a dud. We'll see how that goes.

I shall aspire to spend as much time in the Castle as a I can and be as lively as I can. Having said that, royal business requires that I deal with an issue on the border of our realm. Apparently, these guys are spoiling to renegotiate earlier treaties.
605ba58aa50e9108d54f26980bfe3c3b.jpg

Elsewhere on our lands, a new threat emerges:
wHomx.jpg

Would anyone care to volunteer for the role ambassador? Your King adheres to rule by mercy and negotiation rather than taking rescourse to blade, if that can be avoided.

For those among the Royals who write fantasy, I was wondering whether you might find this music conducive to inspiration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWtfo9kuRTU&t=341s

I have been informed that today is Memorial Day in a small patch of the ARoRL. I hope those who celebrate it commemorate the day as they see fit.

Last edited:

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
All Hail!
His Royal Majesty,
King Welcheren!

Good Monday, your Majesty.

Good Monday, dear Royals.

Your Majesty, I suppose it would depend on what you were trying to write on whether that soundtrack would be good for your inspiration, or not. Since there are many branches of Fantasy, and also different moods within a Fantasy piece (in my experience, at least), I believe it would depend on what you were going for at the moment. I did not listen to the whole arrangement, just the first few minutes of it. I found it was close to putting me to sleep, tbh. My sis-in-law who was listening to it while we played Yahtzee had the same experience, re: relaxing to the point of closing her eyes. What did you have in mind, exactly?

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Your majesty,

It would be an honor to be considered as Royal Ambassador if you would have me.

I have sent an envoy to quiet them until we figure out our next move, or until you appoint an ambassador:

arts-graphics-2008_1184459a.jpg

Until then, ALL HAIL KING WELCHEREN!

5bddf1a0daa54179c462b1b4e0b11d25.jpg

(This was him eating his dinner earlier.) :greenie

*P.S. King Welcheren, I have read your work entitled "No Small Irony." It was quite good and I am impressed the detail and depth it went into the subject. Well done!*

Last edited: