Royalty for a Week, and Shameless The Rest of The Time (Volume IV)

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in my mind... it echoes in here ...
We are leaving another year behind and setting off on our paths to a new one - 2021. I suppose a lot of us think back over the old year - our accomplishments, the good things that happened, and the not so good. Life sends us speed-bumps and trials, and I believe it's not what happens to us but how we deal with them that matters. I can't say I've handled every pothole in the road of life well, but I've learned a few things, and hope I've grown somewhat along the way. Though not everything turns out as we always expect, the truth is we made it through another year - older now and, hopefully, a little wiser.

In thinking back it's the things I didn't do that puts a hitch in my giddy-up, but we can't dwell on what 'might have been' or missed opportunities. It's not always easy to recognize every opportunity that comes along, but I like to think we get a little better at seeing them when they arise - experience can be a good teacher if we but listen. It's the valleys and mistakes in life that teach us the most if we're open to the lessons they bring.

So a new year stretches before us, and may we have grown enough to respect the trials that come along for what they are - opportunities to grow stronger if we don't lose hope. God is big on hope and it's mentioned often in His book, and hope is the one thing that should keep us going - the hope of a better tomorrow. As Tolkien wrote in 'Lord of the Rings' and the part of the poem I have in my signature -

'Still round the corner there may wait,
A new road, or a secret gate.'

None of us knows what tomorrow might bring, and time and tide happens to all. May we remember the past for the smiles and lessons it's given, but let us not dwell there and instead look forward to what a new year will bring. My prayer for myself and all of you is that God grants us the courage, wisdom, and strength to meet each day with hope in our hearts and a smile - for of such things dreams are made.

Happy New Year, everyone, and may 2021 be a blessed year for all of us.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, my dear Royals.

Today is the first day of 2021. :hi:

Thank you, Sir Brad, for the lovely New Year's Eve posts. :)

Alright, that's it for me for the first day of the New Year. I hope to see everyone tomorrow. Check in, folks. The castle is lonely without you.

Last edited:

Beanie5

Live a poem...Or die a fool. \/
Registered
Reaction score
Hope you all started on a roll, and looking forward. The rear views not pretty.
cheers and beers

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, dear Royals.

I am having my first cup of coffee this morning. We had a freeze last night, but the forecasters say we will have a warmer day. I am looking forward to that. How are you all doing?

Prince Beanie, I have no complaints so far this year. I'm hoping that trend continues. ;)

Off to drink my coffee. Ta ta!

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm having a great day already.

Woke up for some Corn Flakes and a Blizzard treat from DQ.

I'm soon to get some tea. I've been writing these last days and it feels good.

Talk soon!

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, dear Royals.

Prince Daniel, it is awesome you are writing. Nice! I am helping a friend by betaing his short story and hoping I'm helping more than hurting. :D

Coffee is almost done. Then I must get my carriage inspected so it can be licensed. At least it isn't going to be cold today. It is a bit nippy this morning but I'll wait for the sun to warm it up a bit before I venture out.

Ah! I hear the coffee maker finishing. Coffee's almost done. Have a great day, everyone.

:e2coffee: :e2crown:

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, Your Majesty, and assorted Royals,

My new year started off great! Nice and quiet with no drama, much to my liking. Then Sunday greeted me with 8" of new snow - it was so beautiful. The snow clung to the trees and wires and everything - and it's still there - looking gorgeous. I had to take pics for posterity's sake. After clearing off my truck and removing snow from my bird and squirrel's eating areas, I sowed the seeds and watched the birds and squirrels arrive. Bird seed does actually grow birds - I see it happen every day. I always wondered where they came from, and now I know. :)

Anyway, the new year is starting off great and I'm in hibernation mode, venturing out only to grow birds and squirrels with a journey to the stores once in awhile. Tis a good way to start the year, and I pray I exercise the talents God has granted me. Shutting off the TV is probably a step in the right direction.

Enjoy the coming year, all, it's one we haven't met yet, and I pray we all make the best of it. May we all find hope, peace, and a productive life in what the new year brings.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, dear Royals.

I come in every day to see if anyone is in the castle, but I have been busy this week and decided not to talk to myself. ;)

But today I've got news! I am down in Deep East Texas and we are in a Winter Storm Warning. A winter storm warning! I about laughed myself to pieces at the amount of snow that has caused this monumental event. 2-4 inches expected of the precious white stuff, in most places. But I looked at the weather map this morning and the forecast for where I'm at is closer to 8 to 9 inches. It will be a wet snow as it's raining now and won't turn over to snow until this afternoon. This area doesn't have the ability to take care of snow on the roads the way they do in areas that are used to snow. So it is understandable folks are being warned to stay off the roads. It was just comical to me because I have lived a good portion of my life in an area where "winter storm warning" meant you better have food stockpiled. :greenie

How's everyone? Check in. Let me know.

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Doing well, Your Highness,

At the moment we're getting a light dusting of snow. I imagine the 8" + snow you're expecting won't stick around long, though keeping the larder stocked is always prudent. One never knows which way the winds of life will blow.

So hunker down, keep yourself and the pups warm, and wait for the storm to pass. The sun will shine again and warmer days will show up, as is always the case. I agree about the poor folks to the south who don't know how to handle snow. Up here it's just an inconvenience that means wiping the cobwebs off the snow shovel. It's also good to have a four-wheel drive vehicle, especially since the snow plows don't come down my street until late since they're busy clearing the main thoroughfares.

A brand new week is heading our way, let's all make the best of it.

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings Your Fine Majesty and Assembling (I hope!) Royals!

I am doing well. We have light snow as well, somewhat of a dusting but it's cool here and there is ice- not so good for my walks that I enjoy. Nevertheless, I am doing well and getting back into the swing of things. I am sleeping a little less (am still sleeping a bit too much) but it's getting better and I feel good.

I hope you are both doing well Royal Ambrosia and Knightly Brad. It sounds like things are going swell! I think Sir. Brad is right, a new week is commencing and that means new opportunities, endeavors, and fruition!

I bid you farewell- for now!

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, dear Royals. :hi: (<--Royal Wave)

Sir Brad, we did not get the 8" I'm sad to say. Well, we would have gotten at least that but it kept switching back and forth between rain, freezing rain, and snow. So there is a nice white blanket that will soon be gone. More's the pity. I would have enjoyed having the snow for a day in a deep enough amount to appreciate. Btw, I have a 4-wheel drive truck. But just because you can drive on it safely doesn't mean that the other people who would be out there could drive on it safely. And that is the real worry--other people.

Bard Daniel, be careful on those walks. Ice is no joke.

The sun is shining, I have fresh coffee, the dogs are sleeping, and all is right with the world. Have a fun day, everyone.

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, Your Majesty, and Royals,

It's a nice day and the temps are supposed to get to almost 50. Not bad for January, of course then they'll drop into the 30's again but I shall enjoy it while it's here.

I'm now a two-cat household. A friend of mine moved back from Florida and is staying at a friend's house while she's looking for one to buy. She can't keep her cat, Minty (a nice looking calico), where she's staying so I offered to babysit Minty. She's a lovely gal, though Neko (my best little buddy) still hisses at her once in awhile. Minty seems to have taken over his bedroom and is in there sleeping on the bed, while Neko is up on my drawing board next to me asleep. They'll sort it out. At least Minty knows where her litter box and feeding stations are located. I'm sure we'll soon be one big happy family before long.

I have a bid to go on Friday where we redid the back yard a couple years ago. He now wants the front redone so I'll see what's needed. I have the feeling life will be more tuned to writing before long, which means I should probably get going on my query submissions for my present book and start writing again on the next one. I have it started and need to get into the mindset of putting what's growing in my mind on paper, so to speak. In the meantime I'll take care of my regulars and check on new projects as they arise.

Enjoy the day and the rest of the week, all, and may life find you smiling and productive.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, dear Royals. I trust everyone is doing well. I am watching the game between Chiefs and Bills for the NFL AFC Championship. I know little about football and care less. But my brother is into it so we are watching it. I do hope the Chiefs win. I would like a pleasant evening. :greenie

Check in, everyone. Your queen would like to know what you are up to.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It looks like I am forever going to be Queen. So this shall be interesting. :D

Royals, if you are about please check in. I miss you.

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Hi, Ambrosia! I got a notification that you posted. Maybe the other regulars will pop up soon, too.

Life's been a little nutty this year and is still going to be busy at the least for the forseeable future, so I won't be able to be Queen again any time soon. Long live Queen Ambrosia! ;)

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ummmm.... Thanks? lol!

It is so good to see you. I hope others come by soon. The castle gets lonely without its Royals. :)

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
*shuffles in and plops down in the fire, just 'cos (fireproof FTW) and waves a paw at whoever's present; immediately goes to sleep.*

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
*hugs Ambrosia* Thank you, my queen! I'd best return to my slumber. Have a great day!

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A stray thought floats in the queen's mind as she heads toward bed. There is cheese cake. And carrot cake. Is there such a thing as carrot cheesecake?

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
*leaves a freshly-baked banana and walnut cake on the banquet table*
*also leaves a freshly-baked banana-pecan cake on the banquet table*
*and lots of dim sum*
*returns to hiding*