Royalty for a Week, and Shameless The Rest of The Time (Volume IV)

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, Cantina.

Winter is back with a fury. It's SO windy, I'm almost worried I'd blow over if I went outside.

EFB - I used Duolingo for about a year to teach myself German and practice Spanish. It was fun, but I fell away from it a few years ago. Rolling my R's in Spanish is about the only thing I was good at. I, unfortunately, just don't catch on to languages very well. I can read them well, but my brain just freezes when I try to speak them.

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings, Royals!

A belated Happy New Year to all!

Prince Porter, we would rather appreciate you did not release aggressively offensive fragrances inside the castle. The Air Freshener Union is asking for higher wages. We may need to reduce your stipend slightly in order to maintain the castle's supply of Industrial Air Freshener™.

Glad to hear that you are all weathering the snow warmly. We do hope it does not worsen and only gets better as the season turns into spring.

We are expecting luck, overall good fortune, wealth, honesty and general prosperity in the Year of the Pig, which begins 5th Feb 2019.

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, Duchess! Greetings!

Thank you for holding down the fort while we were called away.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm.... the Realm Locust threat seems to have disappeared. Perhaps because it is cold?

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good Thursday, Empress.

Good Thursday, dear Royals.

Dearest Empress, I do believe the winter freeze in parts of the Castle along with the merriment of the Holidays has pushed the realm locusts down into hibernation. For all I know, it may be the frequent gas attacks in the Castle. ;)

The Year of the Pig sounds wonderful. I'm all in. :greenie

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon, Royals.

It's snowing at the moment and still windy. The birds have been hovering around the feeders all day. They stay close by when it's this cold.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Same here, Ted. It turned really cold this week, but so far, there's just a light dusting on the ground. A storm is moving in tomorrow afternoon, but the weather people think we'll only get a couple of inches. I was hoping for a little more, but you can't control mother nature.

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
We're looking at a week of nothing above freezeing ... and the furnace went out last night. Repair guy had it fixed before noon. We're still warming up. don't ask what it did to my wallet.

Coming storm is dropping all the snow south of us up here in tropical Maine.

*trots down the trail to somewhere to check on the progress of the amusment park and the snow conditons at the ski resort.*

Last edited:

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good Saturday, Empress. Royals.

I trust everyone is having a good weekend. Prince Porter, I'm glad you have a working furnace again. You definitely need it in Maine.

It is a lovely, cloudy morning here. There was fog earlier. Now it is just grey. The birds are outside playing. Or hunting food. The front came through last night and brought rain here. A couple states to the north it brought snow. I'm glad to be on the rain end of the front. ;) Every once in a while the sun breaks through the clouds. The residual moisture on the leaves of the trees sparkle like gems. It is really quite pretty.

Well, I need more coffee. Have a most lovely day. :)

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
EFB - I used Duolingo for about a year to teach myself German and practice Spanish. It was fun, but I fell away from it a few years ago. Rolling my R's in Spanish is about the only thing I was good at. I, unfortunately, just don't catch on to languages very well. I can read them well, but my brain just freezes when I try to speak them.
I like it so far. Good repetition, and I like that I get to choose how much time I dedicate to it each day. Going from reading the language to remembering how to speak it can be hard for me, too, and I'll probably never be able to just chat with someone in Spanish, but I figure it would be good to at least I know how to ask for essential things, like the bathroom. :p

Good morning, and happy weekend, Royals.

Today is the day we're supposed to get winter weather. Whether it will be all snow or have some sleet and such mixed in is up in the air (pun not intended) but the local electrical company seems to be concerned about possible extended power outages since they sent us an automated phone call this morning saying that, because we have someone in our household with medical issues (my dad has sleep apnea and heart failure and has to sleep with a bi-pap and oxygen concentrator, both of which need electricity) we should have a plan to leave our house in case of an extended outage. Oh joy. Bracing myself for my dad's gripe fest that is sure to come as soon as the snow starts falling.

Other plans for the day are mainly writing and crafting related, and tomorrow will probably be the same since I'm sure church will get canceled.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Royals.

I spent most of the day at the science center with my other half. They had a special weekend featuring model trains. It was cool, and of course, we played around in all the usual stuff they have there.

I'm staying in for the remainder of the night as snow moves in. Not that I'm afraid to drive in it, but I'd rather stay in where it's warm and dry.

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Well, the snow came. To be specific, about 2 inches of it came and then freezing rain came, which mean it is not fun, fluffy snow, it's annoying, slippery, crunchy snow. Also I had to take a decongestant this morning because my sinuses couldn't handle waiting any longer so I'm overall in a MOOD this morning that I'd rather not be in. Blech. Hopefully I can do enough writing and other happy-making things today to help combat the blech.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good Sunday, Empress. Royals.

Princess E.F.B., I'm sorry to hear about your sinuses. I hope it clears up soon for you. Crunchy snow is better than no snow underneath the ice. That has been my experience. It at least gives a bit of traction. I hope your happy making activities work for you. :)

Princess LadyV, did you get a lot of snow? I have a friend in St. Louis who got 10 inches yesterday with more on the way. I'm glad to be in deep east Texas at the moment. Sure it has been too rainy and the yard resembles a pond at times. But there is little in the way of freezing weather and the days are nice even when the nights are cold. I'll take it. :)

More coffee is being made. I suppose I should see what foodstuffs are in the kitchen for breakfast. Have a lovely day. :)

Michael Myers

Take a chance. Amaze yourself.
Registered
Reaction score
In the carpenter's shop eating oysters with the wa
Website
www.dancerandspy.com
Good morning, Your Grace.

Good weather here in the Phoenix area. Best time of the year. Summers suck hot toads. Still shopping for my Summer Palace. Found a good candidate with river frontage. Thought I'd park my VW van there and live out of it four months of the year. Just kidding. But we shall see.

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Good Sunday, Empress. Royals.

Princess E.F.B., I'm sorry to hear about your sinuses. I hope it clears up soon for you. Crunchy snow is better than no snow underneath the ice. That has been my experience. It at least gives a bit of traction. I hope your happy making activities work for you. :)
True, true. We got a little more snow last night, so that also helped. Both my sinuses and mood are better today, too. Overall it's looking like a better day. :)

Hoping everybody has an excellent Monday. Fingers crossed you find the right the Summer Palace, Michael!

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon, Royals.

It total, we got about 2 inches of snow. According to the weather people, the storm started to break up a bit as it headed for the east coast. The sun's out today :)hooray:) so some of it is already melting. I saw there's another system moving in on Wednesday, but it will also only bring about 1-2 inches. Looks as though this will be a mild winter for snow. I'm one of those weirdos that actually likes the stuff. It makes an otherwise dreary part of the year look a little brighter. Plus, cardinals and blue jays look beautiful against a white backdrop.

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
*provides all with hot toddies, mead, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and any beverage of choice*

*adds lots of hot food*

Greetings dear Royals!

We deeply regret to hear that out most wonderful Duchess is temporarily unable to grace all with her presence. We hope she returns soon.

in the meantime, please make yourselves comfortable with the food and drink, and plenty of blazing hearths, rugs, comforters, and so on and so forth.

Stay safe and warm, all!