Royalty for a Week, and Shameless The Rest of The Time (Volume IV)

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in my mind... it echoes in here ...
Happy Saturday, Your Majesty, Duchess, and Royals,

That's good news on the moving, Duchess. May it go swiftly and without drama. Keep us up to date on your progress.

It was a busy week and today is more of the same. Spring seems to be here to stay, I hope. Perhaps my basement plants will see daylight and new potting soil this weekend. I'll check the long range forecast. Seems it's time to start mowing.

Have a blessed weekend, one and all, and may your endeavors prove fruitful.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon, Royals!

I had to work today. Boo! In actuality, I really didn't care all that much. It was nice to finally start on leaf diseases. The earlier, the better.

I can't wait until the boyfriend is finished with these midnight shifts. Seeing him only once a week really sucks. At least when he is done, we're going to on a weekend trip somewhere, probably in and around the Allegheny National Forest.

Welcheren

Picking up tools, honing edges
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning my dear, esteemed Royals (it's nearly ten down here)

Good morning to our marvellously magnificent Monarch

Dear Princess V
Your trip sounds wonderful. I've always wanted to see the forests of the northern hemisphere. Ours sport rather different varieties of trees than those in the US. It's a pity that you had to work, but it's great if you enjoyed some of it. Not for the first time, I've been wishing that I could have your advice for my own garden. Will you be camping around the forest now that Spring is supposed to erupt?

In other news, I recenlty tried my hand at match making. Nothing invasive, I simply facilitated a meeting between a potentially compatible man and woman. Last night I thought I might have a chance to see the fruits of my venture, even if it entailed visiting a cirgarette filled club with music I loathe... and... drumroll... it seems I failed rather spectacularly. Oh well. Time to mind my own business.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, Royals!

I have a games meetup later this afternoon. I've been skipping my usual Friday meetup to spend time with the boyfriend, since that's the only time I currently get to see him. Sadly, he's not into board gaming. He'll play something once and a while, but that's about it. Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting my fix.

Prince Welcheren - despite loving the outdoors, I'm not much of a camper. I'd much rather stay in a hotel than a tent. And sorry to hear your matchmaking attempt fell flat. Who we think might be good together doesn't always ring true.

Welcheren

Registered
Reaction score
Who we think might be good together doesn't always ring true.

True. In this case, part of the problem emanates from the fact that the chap in question has many, many options to choose from. The result is low motivation to commit... which is exaclty what she wants. Oh well.

Enjoy your game meetup Princess V. Maybe you just need to find the right type of infection game to pique your boyfriend's interest? I've seen that work before. Someone who claims not to like games just needs to discover something that suits their interest. It's been a while since I could clear the time AND match schedules for a games night. However, I've tentatively made arrangments for two weeks from now. I'm especially looking forward to my first game of Band! The Dice Game.

Last edited:

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
He tends to like bluffing games, which I don't really like. I'll keep trying more games with him, though I doubt he'll ever be as into the hobby as I am. I'm perfectly okay with that. There are plenty of other interests we share.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Your Majesty.

Good Monday, dear Royals. (Or Tuesday for those that have made the time change.)

I am tired and getting ready to go to bed. I just wanted to check in and let you know the packing is going well. The paperwork is all signed. Now we are loading everything up and will be heading out, probably on Thursday instead of Wednesday because of rain storms forecast for Wednesday. The roads we will be taking are curvy and hilly, and towing the trailers it will make those roads more dangerous. So, likely Thursday.

I'll check in when I can. Have a great week, everyone. :)

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Royals.

Good luck on the move, Ambrosia!

My day was wet and soggy. Not fun, but I've had worse.

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Your Majesty, and Royals,

Things seem kinda slow in the castle lately. I, for one, have been busy and it appears that will continue on. The more projects we get finished the more keep coming in. I love it, though scheduling everything is a challenge, but we shall persevere and keep making folks happy - cuz that's just what we do.

Duchess, keep us up to date on the move and reestablish communications as soon as possible once the move is complete.

Have a safe journey, and may all have a wonderful weekend, for it is soon upon us.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, Royals!

Today is International Tabletop Day, which means yours truly will be playing board games all day! I can't wait!

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, Royals.
I am sorry to not have been in residence more this week. It looks like the next week will also be a bit busy. It seems I will have to spend any "spare" time packing areas that were settled so that major plumbing repair can be done the week after.
Usually, I would pass the crown to the next monarch personally, but the business has prevented me from seeking a successor this week. Forgive the rather unusual method, please, but since I will not likely be able to spend much time in the castle. . .
*sets the crown on the throne, casting a spell for it to call a worthy person and not be able to picked up by any despots
I shall be here of time allows, and shall return when this fiasco in the ARoRL is finished.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning/Sunday, dear Royals.

I have arrived at my new place. I have been here 2 nights so far sleeping on an $8 air mattress from Walmart since I don't have a bed yet. The house is on a 55 mph highway, but the highway is barely traveled so it is pretty quiet here. An occasional car zooms by, but mostly the road is quiet.

I'm hopeful that in a couple days when I recover from the trip I will be in a better place--more relaxed and able to focus. I'm still very fatigued, but that is to be expected after such a long trip hauling a trailer that was fighting me every inch of the way. Oh! I'm proud of myself, btw. My brother had to leave me at Texarkana to go pick up someone to help him unload the trailers. So I had to fuel the truck. I have never fueled the truck while pulling a trailer and was afraid I would take out a fuel pump. I managed to pull into the station (which wasn't my concern) and get fuel. Then I sat there for a few minutes waiting for a car to move, and when they moved I was able to make the turn and get out of the station. I didn't hit anyone or anything. So proud! :greenie

The Internet was supposed to be set up on Friday, but it didn't come. So, I'm part-time online right now using my phone, which doesn't have a strong signal here. I will be back once AT&T gets off their butts and delivers the equipment. It may be Tuesday or Wednesday though.

Have a lovely rest of your weekend and a great week. Talk with you all soon. :)

Welcheren

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there Grand Duchess!

Superb work on the trailer-pump negotiation. You have every reason to feel proud.

I am delighted to hear that you have some peace and quiet at last. Fingers crossed that everything else will fall in place soon, especially the mattress.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Royals!

Glad to hear you're all moved in, Ambrosia. Keeping my fingers crossed that you'll finally find some peace and quiet.

Daniel! It's been a while! Welcome back! :hi:

Nothing all that exciting going on my way. Had a good day of work, so that's something.

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Royals,

Welcome to your new home, Duchess. Kick back and relax, get settled in, and - oh, look, there's a shiny crown sitting there on the throne. See? Over there? The crown?

What better way to christen your new digs than taking the throne. :)

Welcheren

Registered
Reaction score
Good morning to our Illustrious Monarch.
Good morning all fellow Royals.

Welcome back, Prince Daniel! Your sojourn in foreign parts has been extensive.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If things weren't crazy at the moment, Prince Brad, I would consider it. How about you take the crown to welcome me to my new home? ;)

Good morning/Tuesday, dear Royals.

Hectic here. I'll check in later. :)

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank thee most kind LadyV and beneficent Welcheren! I dance for thee! :snoopy:

Good afternoon Your Majesty, Royals and Grand Duchess. I hope you are in good spirits! I bring wine fresh from Avignon!

I will begin commence pouring thy glasses. :greenie

1480934871.jpg

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Royals!

I finished off dinner by knocking a bottle of balsamic off the table and directly onto my foot. At least it saved the bottle from breaking, but now my foot bruised.

Welcheren

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you Prince Daniel. Sniff sniff. Hmmm. A lovely dry red. Smells like Merlot. Don't mind if I do.

Dear Princess V, I shall prepare an ointment while striving as hard as I can to avoid laughing. Don't get me wrong, I wish I hadn't happened, but it is pretty comedic.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning/Wednesday, dear Royals.

Thank you for the lovely vintage, Prince Daniel. There's a crown over there if you wish to add it to you outfit. ;)

Princess LadyV, I have had glass bottles drop and land on my foot before. Never pleasant. May your foot heal quickly.

Prince Welcheren, lovely to see you. :)