Royalty for a Week, and Shameless The Rest of The Time (Volume IV)

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sir Brad, the humidity here is horrendous. Add the heat, and well...

Prince Michael, 50 years? That's a lot of reviving.

ETA: I will be abdicating at around 6:30 pm Sunday, U.S. Central time. Come welcome your new monarch.

Last edited:

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, my lovely Royals.

Today is Sunday. The changing of the guard (or in this case the queen) will happen at 6:30 p.m. Central time. Please try to stop by to greet her this evening.

I hope everyone has a splendid Sunday. It is a beautiful, bright, blue skies day here. Which in August means it is going to be HOT. Such is life. I'll be feeling pretty good about the middle of winter when I don't have to deal with several feet of snow. ;)

Have fun!

Michael Myers

Take a chance. Amaze yourself.
Registered
Reaction score
In the carpenter's shop eating oysters with the wa
Website
www.dancerandspy.com
Prince Michael, 50 years? That's a lot of reviving.

Yup. Found this under moldy cheap-ass wood paneling stuck on with black glue.

Prior%20Efforts%20small.jpg

Last edited:

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Although I haven't seen the Heir Apparent yet I am going to go ahead and leave the crown, scepter, and robe of state on the throne for her. I am having computer problems and need to go attend to them.

So without further ado, please hail your new queen. You know her well.

All Hail
Her Royal Majesty
Queen Tiddlywinks!

:e2crown:

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
*scurries into throne room, a cloud of glitter following in her wake*

CRUD CRUD CRUD, MY ALARM DIDN'T GO OFF AND I KNOW I TOLD THE DUCHESS--

*sees all the royal stares*

Erm. Yes. *cough* I am totally on time, aren't I? *eyes clock* Yes, I am.

*waves*

It is so wonderful to be back on the throne and so kind of the Duchess to allow me to follow in her stead. Now, who's up for glitter and plot bunnies!!!

I guess that means I should probably change my avatar and tagline...

tiddlywinks

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainewitt.com
*twiddles thumbs on throne armrest*

It's awful quiet in here.

*twiddles thumbs faster*

Did I mention I brought pie for everybody? It's lemon meringue but you can use the flavor changer magic plate thingymajig over there that I bought off a set of very nice pixies. If you don't like lemon meringue. Which is very vexing mind you because your queen here adores lemon meringue. And I'm not sure I'd trust the pixies, though they SEEMED very nice. They mentioned they knew Princess Coddiwomple? :greenie

*lights a sparkler and waves it around half-heartedly*
*Frank waits eagerly behind the curtain to light the roman candles*

Coddiwomple

shipwrecked in antiquity
Registered
Reaction score
*Princess Coddiwomple gallops into the castle, trailed by a cloud of flying pixies*

All Hail Queen Winks!

*skids to a stop*

Hey! Pixies! Down, you little pests. Bow before the new monarch, and stop teasing the lavender bat.

Oooh, pie!

Your majesty, I brought you a … a feather I may or may not have found outside just now. It’s kinda sparkly. In the right light. And… this chocolate bar. Well, half a chocolate bar. I may have taken a bite. Just a little one.

Can I have pie?

tiddlywinks

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Good day, dear Royals! I’m on a brief snarf my lunch break from ARoRL, so bear with me here.

Ooh, a feather. Shineyyyy...

Princess Coddi, you may certainly have pie. But the pixies need to wait outside. Frank is allergic, you know.

*Frank the sparkly plot bunny sneezes in mid cha-cha*

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
All hail Queen Tiddly! :Hail:

It's hot again, Royals, and I don't like it one bit. I'm also tired from staying out too late yesterday. One more week of this 6 am start nonsense. Then I can return to a more reasonable start time for the rest of the year. Given how quickly the days go, I'll be laid off for the winter before I know it.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon/evening, your Majesty.

Princess LadyV, I know all about hot. 99 degrees F with a heat index of I don't know what, but it is excruciatingly hot.

I don't know if I have killed this computer yet, but only time will tell. It is running better and not seizing up which is a major plus. All it took was deleting every malware and anti-virus program on it that I could find. I think there still may be one hiding that I saw zoom past when I was in the KILL! KILL! KILL! mode. But maybe not. Perhaps they are all gone now. Which leaves me feeling a little unprotected. But, the computer is working. It is not sticking at 100% CPU and overheating. So we shall see. I hope I left Windows Defender on it. I'm afraid to go look. :tongue For a little bit there I was eyeing Linux as a possibility. I still have it in the back of my mind--just in case.

I hope everyone is having/has had a lovely Monday. Your Majesty, although it is not my favorite, I do enjoy a small amount of lemon meringue pie. If there is any left over that you are sharing, I would take a small piece.

Oh. I believe this scythe I've borrowed and been using on my computer programs might belong to you?

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in my mind... it echoes in here ...
Hail, Queen Tiddles, (in all her sparkleness),

Lemon meringue pie? Love it - of course I can't really think of a pie or cake I don't like. I'll be happy to partake.

Hot here, too, at least for another day or so. We finished digging out 5 ginormous yew stumps - by hand - no small feat, that. We started on them Friday, but the payday made the toil well worth it. Now it's on to dismantling the RR tie/sissy timber wall along the drive - done - and tomorrow we cart off the remains and start digging the base for the new wall whilst waiting for the block/cap/base material delivery tomorrow afternoon.

'Cept it's supposed to storm big time between 10 - or so - till 2 - or so. We shall see, but one way or another I'll meet the delivery so we have our duckies in a row to construct the new wall. Tis a smallish wall, a couple blocks (80 lbs. or so each) high and 48' long. Hopefully we'll finish it up in a couple to three days (weather permitting).

The temps are supposed to head for the 70's toward the middle and end of the week, which I'll gratefully accept.

Have a great week, one and all!

Last edited:

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
*click clacks into the throne room, still in dragon form*

Hail, Queen Tiddly!

Good to see you on the throne again.

Hail, Royals!

Lemon meringue? *adds ice cream*

Sparkly gifts.... I might have a few somewhere.

tiddlywinks

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Good eve, Royals!

Look at all the lovely faces in here! *beams* It was the cloud of glitter rising from the castle like a cheerful rainbow of sparkles that brought you all in, I just know it! *ignores heat outside as a possibility...also in the hope it will magically dissipate for my fellow royals*

Duchess, might I recommend my editing machete if you need additional threats to said computer problems? Or Frank has a bedazzled rubber mallet that doubles as his umbrella for his singing in the rain number!

Meanwhile, your Queen is looking for some reading suggestions when she actually has spare time. What’s the latest book you absolutely adored and why?

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, your Majesty.

Good Tuesday, dear Royals.

Duchess, might I recommend my editing machete if you need additional threats to said computer problems? Or Frank has a bedazzled rubber mallet that doubles as his umbrella for his singing in the rain number!

Meanwhile, your Queen is looking for some reading suggestions when she actually has spare time. What’s the latest book you absolutely adored and why?

I will consider those options, your Majesty. The mallet in particular could relieve a good deal of stress. Before, of course, creating different stress. ;)

Have you read Patrick Rothfuss' The Kingkiller Chronicles? It starts with The Name of the Wind. His trilogy is not complete, but if you haven't read what he has so far, two out of the three, then I highly recommend it. He is a master storyteller.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
The Kingkiller Chronicles is a favorite series of a gaming friend. In fact, one of my newer board games is actually getting an expansion that will have feature The Name of the Wind. He obviously wants to play it once that expansion comes out.

Good afternoon, Royals. It was hotter today than yesterday and for some reason the bugs were irritating the hell out of me.

tiddlywinks

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Greetings, Royals!

You should be relieved to know that during a brief power outage at your Queen's alter-ego place of toil and labor in ARoRL today, I did NOT injure myself, in spite of the fact I was suddenly alone in a pitch black room with many potential tripping hazards or ways to break one's nose. It was a hairy moment, that was for sure. But I waited...and sure enough the lights came on before I could trip and smash into the wall :greenie

Good times. Yes yes.

As for the book recs so far, yes, I have read the Name of the Wind. Haven't been motivated to read the second one until said author finishes his trilogy first.

Please, my dear royals, keep the suggestions coming.

ION, how is everyone today? Anyone need more pie?