Royalty for a Week, and Shameless The Rest of The Time (Volume IV)

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in my mind... it echoes in here ...
Greetings, Queen Ambrosia, Tis nice to see you on the throne again. It's been quiet throughout the realm and mayhaps things will soon return to busy normal, or whatever is passing for normal these days.

Work has been quite busy and I'm praying for a reprieve from the heat and humidity. There's respite ahead, according to the prognosticators of such things, and I trust they're right.

Hiya, Regdog :hi:, and same to all the Royals. May life find you healthy and productive.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sir Brad! It is very good to see you again. Is Super here, too? I have missed that handsome fellow. Sit. Have an early dinner. Your suites are still here if you choose to stay. Or, as I had made for Princess Regdog, I can have a pack stuffed with goodies for the road. Your choice.

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Goodie-stuffed pack sounds like a winner, since work is keeping me occupied elsewhere.

Super is out gallivanting in the park down the street at the moment. I trust when things slow down around here we'll both be able to make a longer appearance in the castle. Life is busy and full of challenges, and keeping up with stuff like that seems to take much of my time. Come Winter I'll have more time to do writerly-type stuff - something I should make room for more often.

Take good care of yourself, Queen Ambrosia. I'll stop by as I'm able.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon, dear Royals.

Your queen's back has been out and kept her from appearances. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. Until then, let the staff know your needs. The castle has never lacked in hospitality.

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Your Highness,

I pray your back is better - it must be and is. Make it a Royal Command, believe it, and it will be.

We're off to a good start on the wall project, things are going well, and I pray we get it finished in the next two weeks. I believe we can.

Meanwhile, I pray things are going well with you and yours, and the Royals who are spread far and wide - and busy it seems.

May we all do well on the path we've chosen, and may rewards come from the heart, and the things we do for others.

Enjoy life - it's what we do with it that matters.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, Sir Brad.

Yes, it is what we do with life that matters. I must agree.

My back is better, but it is not 100% yet. So I am being very careful with it. No bending, doing lots of walking, and some exercises specifically for the lower back. Fingers crossed it works. In the meantime my brother is watering my outside plants for me, helping me with laundry, and basically making sure I don't lift anything to re-injure it. He deserves a medal. Or at least a ribbon. ;)

Good luck on your wall project. I hope it moves as quickly as you want it to move.

Time for one of my walks and enjoy the gardens. If you need anything, the staff is always ready to assist.

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Just checking in. Our wall project was going great until I've had to wait two, going on three, days for a block order to come through to finish the job. We would have finished this week but now it looks as if it'll be next week - the remaining block is supposed to come in tomorrow afternoon. I hope it's early afternoon. T'would be nice to finish out the base this week and finish up on Monday. This has put me back two or three days in my scheduling. I'll survive, though those waiting in line would have me to them sooner.

Have a great weekend, stay safe, healthy, and productive.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, dear Royals.

Sir Brad, did the block come in? Is the wall complete or nearly so? I know you are in great demand.

The weather has turned lovely in this part of the Realm. The sky is a crystal blue. The sun is shining. The temperature is cool. The humidity is lower. It is just a wonderful day.

Have a terrific Tuesday, dear Royals, wherever you find yourselves today.

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Yep, the block came in Monday and we finished the wall the same day. Today we finished the back-filling and glued the final caps in place. The wall looks very nice and my customer is very pleased. It feels good to finish this project. We moved almost 30 tons of material in two weeks. Not bad for a couple of guys our age. He told me people were pulling into his driveway over the weekend and checking it out. We also talked with three people who showed up while we were there who wanted bids on wall jobs. I don't see how we can get to everyone before hibernation time, but we'll do what we're able.

Meanwhile, other work keeps coming in. This has been my best year ever. God is so good.

The weather here has turned cool and I love it. Give me cool over heat any day.

Take care of yourself, and long may you reign.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, Royals.
and long may you reign.
Considering I appear to be the only one in the Castle lately, my reign may be very long indeed. ;)I'm glad your business is booming, Sir Brad. Perhaps you could hire an extra hand to help finish all the jobs before the snow flies? Just a thought. Have a great day, dear Royals, wherever you are. Your suites have been aired out in anticipation of your return. Hurry home, folks. The castle isn't the same without you.

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*I hear Super rummaging around outside. I suppose he's getting a little bored with cavorting about the park. I think I'll ask him if he's ready to make a visit to the castle.*

Good evening, Your Highness, Prince Daniel, and assorted Royals. Your Majesty, t'would be nice to have another hand to help, but to find someone actually willing to work for the money is hard to come by these days. It seems work ethic isn't taught in schools or homes these days. Sad, that - it also takes awhile to train someone to do what needs doing. We'll soldier on and do what we're able. I have some large projects to do, and then there's all the putting to bed the landscapes of my regulars. Lots to do before the snow flies.

Enjoy your week, all, and do find time to check into the castle. I imagine Super will show up sooner or later.

Last edited:

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Prince Daniel! How is my favorite bard doing these days? It is great to have you back. Your suites are ready for you. I hope you do stick around now that you've made it home. :)

Prince/Sir Brad, be careful out there moving all those heavy construction materials. Enjoy this time of bounty before your well-deserved winter hibernation. :)

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Reading and writing tons, Your Higness.

Keeping busy. Staying indoors. Don't understand why people can't understand why it's not a good time to party, group gatherings, etc.

Is everyone fairing OK??

*Plays the lute*

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon, dear Royals.Good Bard Daniel, I do not understand why people can't understand distancing and wearing a mask, either. It is simple. May you remain healthy.I'm doing alright. I have a couple of plants outside growing in containers. It is nearing the end of the growing season, if the leaves are any indication. It could just be I haven't fed them and they are feeling peckish, though. Have a grand day, everyone.

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
*pokes tip of snout into the grand hall to find it empty; returns to projects*

*muffled voices*

Greetings, Your Majesty, Royals! 'Tis been a long while since I've been here. And I shall be absent some more -- projects are a haven at this time.

*muffled voices, a muted clunk, and the echoing tinkling of a dropped unbreakable glass tumbler*

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, dear Royals. I trust your days are going splendidly.Princess Snitchcat! It has been so long. Don't disappear on me now. Drats. I missed her. Hurry back, Princess. You are missed when you are away.

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings Snitchcat and Your Highness,

Yes. I agree. It's a time to be safe, wear a mask, and stay indoors. I just read, from an article, how the virus is actually airborne. The CDC changed their previous statement saying it wasn't. Plants are nice. Good luck!

Aye, Snitchcat. We will await your return.

*I re-read Thucydides' History of the Peloponnesian War in one big sitting yesterday.*

Last edited:

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Prince/Sir Brad, be careful out there moving all those heavy construction materials. Enjoy this time of bounty before your well-deserved winter hibernation. :)

Good evening, Your Highness, and Bard Daniel (sounds like good reading), and Snitchcat - drat, I missed her, too, Your Majesticness.

As far as moving heavy objects - by my calculations we moved almost 30 tons of stuff (blocks, caps, base and back-fill material) on that wall project. It turned out well, and beautiful by all accounts from what I've heard. It was a good project and I'm thankful now for some of the less strenuous work on my list. There are two more wall projects I'm to bid on but neither with the scope of 'The Great Wall of Baltimore Road'! - it was a memorable project.

We're doing our best to whittle down the job list before my regulars start calling with putting their places to bed for the winter, and these last few days have been nice and cool and wonderful.

I trust all are well and keeping busy, and may blessings be a normal part of your life.

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That sounds like quite a project, Sir Brad. I'm glad that it turned out well.

Ooooooo. Nice and cool days are just my sort of thing, Sir Brad. I've worked in that weather and it's great.

*I hate the summer personally. Humidity? Heat? Blaring sun? No, no, no. *

Yes, I guess that Miss Snitchat has departed for something. I'm sure she will be back all in due time.

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Your Majesty, Bard Daniel, and assorted Royals,

Another week lies before us, and I pray it finds us productive and useful as we go about life. Today we're 10 or so degrees above average, and the coming week will find us close to average. It feels good.

Enjoy your week, one and all, and may blessings show up when you least expect them.

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening Your Majesty, Knight Brad, and scattered Royals.

It is cooler here, Brad. A nice crisp wind sometimes finds me in the evenings during my walks, taking me along its ride. It calms me and makes me feel relaxed.

I wish Your Majesty, Knight Brad, and the rest of the royals productivity and safety as well.

Take care everyone.

Last edited:

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Your Highness, and Royals, and anyone else out there,

I trust and pray all of you are doing well, and life is treating you well.

I've been very busy, as I always seem to be, and it seems it will stay so until winter arrives and hibernation sets in - then a different type of busy kicks in. Changes seem to be afoot, and I'll let y'all know how it turns out. I know it'll mean new direction and blessings, since God is in control of what goes on in life. He's always working when we ask Him to do so in our lives.

Have a wonderful week, all, and look to the horizon - one never really knows what tomorrow might bring - but with the proper leading we'll always be blessed.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon, dear Royals.

There appears to be nothing new happening in the Realm. I don't know where all the Royals have gallivanted off to, but hopefully they will return soon. In the meantime your queen is trying to reorder her days and get back into good habits. Fingers crossed.