Royalty for a Week, and Shameless The Rest of The Time (Volume IV)

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings, Queen Coddi, Royals.

Ambrosia: AFib? Eeep! I'm glad to hear you're feeling better, Duchess! Please take things slowly and I hope there are no more stresses for you while you rest. *Hugs*

Castle: Yes, it is quite in here. But I'm sure everyone's preparing for NaNo -- only 2-ish weeks to go. :D

And I'm back from my excellent travels with my bestie. (^_^)

How is everyone?

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, my invisible Queen.

Fantastic Friday, dear Royals.

That's awful, Ambrosia. Were you awake when they shocked your heart? I can't imagine that being a pleasant experience. I'm no stranger to Afib. My dad and uncle both have it. My dad eventually had a pacemaker put in. He claims to have episodes here and there, but for the most part it's fixed the issue. My uncle controls his with meds.

No, I wasn't awake for the shock. They took me down to the cath lab and put me under for the actual shock. I wish they would have put me under for the IVs and blood draws. I actually told the nurse in the ER who put the IV in (after she was done) that she wasn't very good at her job. The cardiologist is talking about possibly doing an ablation. It's where they go in and scar the heart to disrupt the electrical signals. It might very well heal the AFib. Or a pacemaker. I would rather have the ablation if it would heal me so I can get off these meds. I don't want to be on these meds as I know the side effects are quite dangerous. The fewer pharmaceuticals I am forced to take, the better.

Best wishes, Your Grace.

Every day is a blessing.

Indeed, Prince Michael. Indeed.

Princess Tiddlywinks, you don't have to abscond with the glitter bombs. I'm thinking our absent queen quite deserves to come back to a glitter bombed throne room. ;)

Prince Daniel, it sounds like you are doing well. That is always quite wonderful to hear. :)

Princess Snitchcat! *Modified Tackle Hugs!* (cause I'm slow and sore these days)

Ok, that's it for me this morning. I'm going to go rest now and drink my coffee. :)

Last edited:

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
*Gentle hugs, Grand Duchess*

It is good to see you in the castle and resting!

I hope ablation is successful and that you get off the meds, soon! *Hugs again*

I have a ghost-related tale to regale you all with. When I am back in my lair, that is. :D

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, your Majesty.

Good Saturday, dear Royals.

*Gentle hugs, Grand Duchess*

It is good to see you in the castle and resting!

I hope ablation is successful and that you get off the meds, soon! *Hugs again*

Thank you, Princess. I'm still not sure I'll be getting an ablation. I'm not sure the the VA (Veteran's Administration. In this case its health care system) will allow it. So we shall see. The VA is an agency that has its certain peculiarities. And no one, not even those who are in its system can predict what it will do. Thus has been my experience, at least.

I have a ghost-related tale to regale you all with. When I am back in my lair, that is. :D
Nice! I await being regaled by your tale. :greenie

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, my Queen.

Good Sunday, dear Royals.

I went back into AFib last night. I have decided to skip the hospital this time since it was such a nightmare and the cardioversion didn't work. I will call some dr tomorrow morning. I am going to have to jump through VA hoops to get them to pay for an outside cardiologist so I don't know if I can call him or not. But I need to. So we'll see. Not a good situation to be in.

Have a lovely week and may your news be better than mine. :Hug2:

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Royals!

I had an entire post written out, but hit a wrong button, and erased it. I'm too lazy right now to rewrite the whole thing. :flag:

MinaJane

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.minajanemadeleyauthor.com
Good afternoon, your Majesty!
Good afternoon, Royals!

My apologies for the long absence, the past few weeks haven't been easy in my part of the Realm. The mother of a friend of mine died of cancer, and I guess I wasn't feeling like writing, and it took me some time to come back from the shock.

Grand Duchess, I'm sorry to see that life isn't easy on you, either. I hope you feel better, or at least that you could get the health care you need.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, dear Royals. Since the queen has been kidnapped by real life would one of you want to be Regent until she returns with a successor? I'd do it but I just physically can't do it right now.

Prince Michael, that would be a pacemaker. It was one of the possibilities the cardiologist had mentioned. I'm hoping for an ablation, I think. It might actually cure it.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon, your Majesty!
Good afternoon, Royals!

My apologies for the long absence, the past few weeks haven't been easy in my part of the Realm. The mother of a friend of mine died of cancer, and I guess I wasn't feeling like writing, and it took me some time to come back from the shock.

Grand Duchess, I'm sorry to see that life isn't easy on you, either. I hope you feel better, or at least that you could get the health care you need.

Princess MinaJane, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. :Hug2:

I'll be ok. It will just take time to get the drs all in a row and moving in a positive direction. Nothing a Grand Duchess can't handle. ;)

Coddiwomple

shipwrecked in antiquity
Registered
Reaction score
Oh noooooo the missing Queen reappears, and a quick glance downthread shows that woe has beset the Realm.

I'm so sorry, Duchess, MinaJane. :Hug2:

Health has been the only thing not slamming me the last few weeks (I can finally sit without extreme pain). I'll catch up when I have a moment... in the meantime, I hope everyone is as well as can be. And I hope everyone will forgive me for absconding with crown. I can place it gently on the throne when no one is looking... because I don't know when I'll be out from under all the bother I have going on right now...

*looks at clock. scurries away.*

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings Royals and Your Majesty.

I am very sorry to hear of your troubles Grand Duchess. Hopefully, they can really help you and not just a temporary solution.

MiraJane, I am also sorry to hear of the loss. It's difficult losing treasured ones for all involved.

Coddiwomple, I hope that your pains subside soon. Living in pain is no good. :(

I'm also having a rough go. A lot of problems on my end. Good thing is that I finished two drafts (they were due) for my courses. Some small essays, but still, reminds me that I'm making progress with my education. Also, including my writing, I've been keeping up with my creative writing/reading as well. At least those are good things!

Last edited:

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Good day, Your Majesty, Royals.

Welcome back, Princess MinaJane. I'm sorry to hear of your loss; condolences and hugs.

Your Majesty, I hope the pain subsides soon! You can pass me the crown if you like, if you don't want to continue being queen.

Grand Duchess, may life get better for you soon! If you need a Regent, I can play that role.

Prince Daniel, sounds like your education is going well despite any issues you're dealing with. I hope those issues resolve themselves soon!

MinaJane

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.minajanemadeleyauthor.com
Good Friday, your Majesty!
Good Friday, dear Royals!

Thank you all for the support. Big hugs all around, it looks like everyone needs it! :Hug2: :e2grouphu

I'll be gone again for a few days, dealing with A.R.o.R.L stuff, I hope you'll have a weekend as nice as can be, and I'll see you next week.

:Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2:

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
*Picks up the crown and puts it on* Queen of the Realm again. Until someone wants to take the crown; let me know if you want to reign. :)

It‘s a lazy Saturday. I declare every day is a Lazy Saturday!

Let the shenanigans commence!

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Shenanigans! Shenanigans! Everybody loves SHENANIGANS!

Good morning Your Feline Majesty and Royals!

Today is good. Woke up early to get some creative work going. I feel great. Coffee, since I've generally been drinking tea, is giving me that extra boost and incentive.

Until later! :D

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, Queen Snitchcat! Good to see you ruling again.

Good Saturday, dear Royals.

I am having a quiet Saturday. Well, except for my brother throwing a ball in the house for one of the dogs. He'll get tired soon and I can get my quiet back again. ;)

Prince Daniel, I'm glad you are feeling better and getting some creative energy flowing. That's great. :)

I'm still in and out and in AFib. So I'm not as energetic as I would hope to be. But I'm alive. And that is what really counts. ;)

Have a marvelous Saturday, everyone.

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning Your Majesty and Fine Royals!

Everything is going well on my end. Posted a piece of flash on here for the "Flash Contest" that is held every week. It felt good to get that word count up again. Today is starting well. Woke up at a good time and am now on my daily trek into the reading/writing realm. I wish good tidings on you all!

Grand Duchess, I do hope that your problems resolve themselves soon. It must be so stressful and draining to deal with your AFib problems. :( I send a big hug your way.

Until later! Ta-ta! :D

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon, Royals.

I've been so busy the last few days. Everything is well. I attended two parties yesterday: one for my cousin's 16th birthday, other a Halloween/board gaming party. I dressed up as an elf queen.

I should write an outline for my WIP. Thing is, I don't really consider it a WIP because I haven't actually done any work on it. Right now, everything just exists in my head. I'd love to find some sort of outline that could act as a guide. I've been out of the writing loop way too long, and it feels like I'm starting from the beginning all over again.

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Good day, dear Royals!

How is your weekend going?

Ah, Prince Daniel, a bard in the court is a wondrous thing! Excellent news on your writing; I hope you win the contest!

Princess LadyV, many birthday wishes to your cousin! How was the Elf Queen party?

Perhaps the notecard method may work for you: one sentence (or so) for each scene / chapter.

Dear Ambrosia, it is good to be on the throne again. Until such time as I find a successor, of course. :) And I have not forgotten the tale I promised to tell. :)

Sunday is rest day. I hope all of you are getting lots of rest!

As for me, I'm in Monday and at the office. 'Tis breakfast time here. :)

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Monday, Monday.

Greetings Your Feline Majesty and Romping Royals!

I'm concerned about my weight. I've gained about 35 pounds in a few months due to the medications they have me on for my illness. I'm going to the doctor's on Wednesday to meet with a new physician (my psychiatrist dropped me) and I hope to adjust them there-- whether it involves lowering the dose or changing them entirely. I was losing weight before they ramped up my dose and nothing really good came out of it anyway. Anyways, hope all is well for everyone else! Cheers!