Royalty for a Week, and Shameless The Rest of The Time (Volume IV)

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Morning, Royals. Sorry to hear your harrumphs with the English language Duchess. Sorry to all my subjects as well, for the next installment in the story plot, at least from me, will have to come later. I’m dealing with a few ARoRL things that require my presence, moreso than I thought. I will stop in late today.

Cheers and coffee,

Your Majesty

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I do hope the A.R.o.R.L. releases you from its evil clutches soon, my Queen. You are missed when you are dragged away.

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings Your Majesty and Royals!

It's an ice cream day today. 2 small Ben and Jerry's tubs.

Hope all is well! :)

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
half-baked-detail.png

AND

coffee-caramel-fudge-non-dairy-detail.png

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If they left the coffee out of that caramel fudge it would be perfect. ;)

Yes, I love coffee. No, it should never be cold or frozen. :greenie

tiddlywinks

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Ok, if the Duchess won't take coffee in her ice cream, I certainly will!

Royals, I do have another installment for you, and apologies for the late hour. ARoRL requires more of my attention right now. So, with that note, here we go.

*ahem*

Queen tiddlywinks surveyed the sea of plot bunnies now filling the throne room, their cute and fuzzy faces upturned toward hers (with a few exceptions eyeing Prince Welcheren, likely wondering if he had carrots stashed upon his personage).

"Don't even think it," she warned when one's nose began to twitch. Carrot seeking plot bunnies were worse than a chihuey without his Scotch. Or Princess Wicked without her Iron Maiden. Or heavens above, the Duchess without her coffee.

Well. Maybe not that scary.

The Queen made mental note to check on the status of coffee service for Sunday Brunch.

Prince Welcheren tentatively offered, "Your guests are...cute, Your Majesty. Erm. Very....cute."

Ah, these plot bunnies were cute, yes. Deceptively cute. The Prince was not the first to be hoodwinked by their innocent ways. Their fluffy tails and their adorable floppy ears hid masterminds of writerly destruction, little monsters capable of wreaking havoc on plot lines. And absolute villainy when they accidentally got wet.

The perfect accomplices for what the Queen had in mind! Nothing was too daring, too devilish, too deliciously Machiavellian when it came to saving the kingdom and her subjects. And she'd had quite enough of these snakes and their rifts and blowing up her sparkly spaces, thank you very much.

"Fiends. Despotic fuzz balls. Lend me your ears! Today, I have something even better than your tyranny over muses in other realms." Several noses twitched in interest and the Queen smiled sweetly. "Oh yes. Remember back when we made that deal that you could torment my secret sparkly abodes with your subplots in return for a favor? A favor only grown larger when I put in that jacuzzi pool for you in the sub-levels of my closet?"

The Queen ignored Prince Welcheren's look of horror. She had no time to explain that sometimes it was better to get plot bunnies wet, than to rely on your average run-of-the-mill bunny. And certainly the Royals would all be glad for her rampant plot bunny hoarding because today...well, today was going to be a bad day for any riff-raff serpents wielding rifts like the kingdom was a fairytale version of Pacific Rim. Not in her court!

A particularly sparkly plot bunny hopped forward and stared up at her with imploring cutesy wootsie eyes.

"Yes, Frank. It may involve dancing."

The bunny did a hip-hop hoppity slide and bumped the Royal Alchemist's leg, as if to get him to join in. The Prince continued to let flies in, to Frank's disgusted twitch of a nose.

"Leave our gracious subject alone. He's not used to your ways." Queen tiddlywinks gave a side-eye to all the fur and,um, other things the plot bunnies were leaving about. Time to get them on the road, before the cleaning staff mutinied. Or complained to the Duchess. Or her grand Mageship, wherever she'd high'ed off to.

"Now, we've practiced for this, so don't let me down. Does everyone have their shineyyyy?"

Suddenly, the room was filled with shineyyyy robe wearing, sparkly scythe wielding plot bunnies, their ears twitching through the perfectly crafted ear slots. Except Frank. He refused to hinder his dance moves with robes, so he wore a sparkly tiara on his head instead. That was for the best, given the Queen had other plans for him. She knew he'd be needed tomorrow, to carry on plotting with her successor. But for now...

"Rift Warriors, Aaaaaattennnnntion!"

To a one, the cute little crowd became a fanged, snarling, hopping army. Prince Welcheren emitted a sound quite similar to a squeak and moved behind the Queen. She gave him a majestic look of reassurance, then whistled.

"Sic 'em, team!"

With a thump, thump, thump, and a hop, hop, hop, the little Rift Warriors swung their scythes in menacing fashion, then promptly poofed in rainbow clouds of glitter to seek and destroy every last one of those nasty rifts. Why, by the Duchess' morning coffee, the kingdom would be in tip top shape once again. Yes, indeed.

That mother of all serpents would rue the day it messed with Queen tiddlywinks.

The castle walls rattled as something rather large and heavy slammed against the stonework, narrowly missing another window. Queen tiddlywinks eyed the Prince, who was avidly watching Frank jitterbug his way across the throne room with his scythe that was now sprinkling a sparkly substance all over the broken pieces of stained glass. Prince Welcheren was still hiding something. And she aimed to find that information out before the new Monarch arrived, even if that meant Frank had to tap dance all over the Prince.

Frank was a mean tap-dancing bunny machine.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, your sparkling Majesty.

Good Sunday, dear Royals.

Or heavens above, the Duchess without her coffee.

Well. Maybe not that scary.

:roll:

Yes, I think there are few things on the planet that scary. ;)

Speaking of coffee. I slept in until 6 a.m. so it is well past time for my first cup. I'll be back.

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Good day, your majesty, royals.

Snitchcat soared into the stratosphere with the Mother of Snakes.

"Why do you want the Queen of the Castle?" the dragon growled.

"None of your bussssssinesssssss, wyrm!"

Snitchcat chuckled. "Such hypocrisy, dear serpent mother. Shall I release my grip? Surely you would enjoy the lava spa so far below these sulphurous clouds, hmm?"

The snake stiffened but remained silent.

Snitchcat shrugged and released the serpent.

Welcheren

Picking up tools, honing edges
Registered
Reaction score
Greeting and salutations Great Queen and fellow Royals.

ARoRL is similarly hugging me down right now, but I am hugely grateful and profoundly impressed by the additions from our Queen and Princess Snitchcat. This was a joy in my a topy turvy day.

Prince Welcheren stood in stunned (and slightly toe-trampled) silence at the cruelly cute cohort of furry furies. "What rift-fiend could survive such an onrush," he whispered, and felt rather sorry for the serpents, slithering around without warning of their impending cotton-covered doom. Other matters, however, had yet to be clarified.

"My Queen," he said once recovered enough of his voice - but still sheltered behind his liege for you can never be too safe with plot bunnies. "There is another piece of this puzzle that still eludes me." For some reason, the words sounded rather as though they were akin to the Castle's latest allies. "Bard Daniel discoverd a star-gazer's manuel filled cryptic hints about something sinister concealed under the Castle. How it relates to our recent troubles, however, I haven't been able to decipher."

Last edited:

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Prince Welcheren stood in stunned (and slightly toe-trampled) silence at the cruelly cute cohort of furry furies.

Easy for you to say. ;)

I bow to your ability to throw out a tongue twister that pretzels my mind's pronunciation of words. Very well done. :Clap:

I think I need more coffee. :greenie

Excellent additions to the story, everyone. :)

tiddlywinks

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Good morning, Royals. Well done in the story additions.

I’ll be back with one final installment, along with my successor, in a few short hours. Until then, my last decree unto you all is to go outside and enjoy a breath of fresh air, the colors abounding, and the whistle of wind. :)

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Until then, my last decree unto you all is to go outside and enjoy a breath of fresh air, the colors abounding, and the whistle of wind. :)

Your Majesty. No wind is whistling today in my area of the A.R.o.R.L., but I have succeeded in fulfilling the other two parts of your decree. I will continue to look for the wind, my Queen.

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
*waves at royals* Hiya. :) I've been very busy with writing and crafting, but I haven't forgotten my peeps in the castle!

*hangs purty lights so Her Majesty has sparkliness for her last day as queen and the new ruler will also have beauty for their eyeballs to gaze upon*
tumblr_ni02ubnfv_C1rc5v2so1_500.jpg

There's also food and drink for everyone, as you can see. Your preference of food/drink will magically appear in front of you as soon as you take a seat.

*has maid dust personal chamber* I'll be sitting in the big, squishy, chair in my room and writing if anyone needs me.

tiddlywinks

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Queen tiddlywinks waited until the last plot bunnies had poofed out in a cloud of glitter. Paused in the lovely silence as Frank and the Royal Alchemist stood behind her. Then, faint pops of sound began echoing from the far corners of the kingdom, along with angry hisses and the thump thump thump of the Rift Warrior brigade as they closed all the untoward metaphysical doors leading into the kingdom.

With a pleased smile and a jaunty swing of her own scythe, the little Queen closed the rift in the painting with a glittery slash. Frank began breakdancing on the newly stain glass free floor in celebration.

Prince Welcheren coughed into his hand. "Your Majesty, about the sinister machinations possibly underneath--"

"I heard you. Unfortunately, I did not obtain any information from the Mother of Snakes to know what that's about. Perhaps Princess Snitchcat might have more insight upon her return."

The Prince glanced at the painting. "Well, yes, about that. How is she going to return, given you closed the rift entry back to the Castle?"

"Ah, my dearest Alchemist." The Queen patted his robes and left a trail of sparkles in her wake. "Princess Snitchcat knows all about the secret entrance back through Princess Wicked's Iron Maiden, of course."

"The Iron...but...wouldn't that--" The Prince stopped mid stride.

Her Majesty left the puzzled Royal to ponder this latest secret, and instead knelt before her bravest of plot bunnies, the talented dancer, the hopper of hoppings, her beloved sparkly Frank. "Now Frank. You know what you need to do. We talked about my successor needing some help, likely of a dancing nature, to bring the Castle back together after these troubled times." Another heavy object hit the Castle walls. "And, Erm, to deal with whatever that is outside. Do be a dear and make sure she has a most sparkly time of it here, all right?"

Frank twitched his nose in agreement and tapped out an expectant tune.

"Yes, yes. I know. Time for me to make the proclamation. I will miss the sparkles that come with the job." Queen tiddlywinks looked longingly once more at the shineyyyy crown, then set it gently on the throne.

tiddlywinks

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainewitt.com
My dearest Royals, it has been a pleasure. Between the rifts, the snakes, and the plot bunnies, it has certainly been...interesting. Not to mention shineyyyy!

And now, I leave you in good hands. For I have managed to drag her fellow Royal self away from her writing cave with the promise of dancing and shineeyyyy and (mostly) peace in the kingdom.

Please join me now in welcoming her back:

All Hail Her Majesty,
Queen Tianaluthien!

tianaluthien

What I do is not up to you
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
*idly scritches Frank behind the ears*

*places crown on head, taking the time to admire the sparkle*

Thank you, your Highness Tiddles. I shall endeavour to be a good monarch, however much I am able to be here. To celebrate my ascension...DANCE PARTY!!!!

*throws a switch and a disco ball appears in the ballroom* *multi-coloured lights*

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Princess Tiddlywinks, as always it has been a delight to have you as queen of the realm. I have put a little extra into your weekly stipend so you can buy some additional sparkly items to content your heart. I look forward to the next time you answer the call and once more wear the crown.

All Hail!!!
Her Royal Majesty
Queen Tianaluthien!

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Princess E.F.B.! *Waits politely until the princess is finished with her tackle hugs of the queen, then launches herself into a tackle hug of the princess.*

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Princess E.F.B.! *Waits politely until the princess is finished with her tackle hugs of the queen, then launches herself into a tackle hug of the princess.*
OOF! Good to see you too, Duchess Ambrosia. :greenie

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in my mind... it echoes in here ...
Greetings, Your Majesty, and Royals,

Hail Queen Tiana!

May your reign forever be heralded in the annals of the Royal Thread as one filled with light and laughter, and may blessings fall on all as rain from the heavens.

*throws a switch and a disco ball appears in the ballroom* *multi-coloured lights*

At your command, Oh Queen - let it be so.

_00001111aaa1_4_disco_ball.gif