Royalty for a Week, and Shameless The Rest of The Time (Volume IV)

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, Royals!

Still recovering. I have no plans today. I'd like to get back to working out, but I'm just feeling up to it yet. I swear, every time I try to start a workout regiment, I get sick.

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in my mind... it echoes in here ...
Good morning, Your Majesty, and Royals,

My vacation from AW went very well and much has been accomplished. My furnace also decided to go on vacation and is now awaiting a circuit board transplant, which should happen in the next day or so when the new one arrives.

I'm so thankful God invented space heaters, so all is well. That and the temps are on the rise. We're looking forward to the 50's by Sunday, before dropping a bit. At least we're not supposed to go back to the frigid temps that have hung around as of late.

I'm watching icicles melt. :Thumbs:

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
We're getting the warm up around here too over the weekend. It'll be a pleasant respite from these arctic temperatures.

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Perhaps since we've had such a harsh winter, temps wise, we'll have a nice amble into Spring with moderate temps. I checked the long-range forecast for my part of the world and it looked surprisingly good. Whether or not that translates into upstate Illinois, I'm not sure, but an early start on the working season would be a blessing.

I still haven't figured out how to control the weather, but I'm working on it.

So far the plan calls for some really big fans on the northern border. I'll let you know if I get the grant to pursue that line of research.

Last edited:

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ahem, the wine has been prepared.

oldCaskRow.jpg

XD

Last edited:

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know anything about port, but I do know that mogan david is a cooking wine, not a drinking wine.

I have drank wine in the past but it is not currently on my approved foods list. I liked mostly red wines because they were sweeter. I never cared for dry wines. Kind of like I want dark meat chicken because white meat parts are just too dry. I don't get along well with dry foods, unless it is something like nuts. Or crackers. Something that is supposed to be dry. :)

Beanie5

Live a poem...Or die a fool. \/
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all salutations your Majestey, desert wine stickys, botrytis yum yum.

always had a sweet tooth how is everyone been away and AW has been fractious since my return.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon, Royals.

I'm going to a car show this afternoon. My friend is off work, so we decided to hang out.

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon, Your Majesty, and assorted Royals,

Wine? I have a bottle of wine that was in a city basket I won at a Regional Neighborhood Network Conference in Peoria, IL. Usually if I see something like that in one of the many baskets I've won over the years, I give it away, since I quit drinking many years ago. But this one was at the bottom of the basket and I didn't find it until I got home.

I set it on the kitchen counter and told myself I'd open it to celebrate something, if something came up I thought worth celebrating. A lot of things have happened since that were well worth celebrating, but three years later that bottle of wine still sits there unopened.

I'll open it one of these days for some reason or other - maybe.

It even has a cork.

- Get some sleep, Ted. You need it.

Last edited:

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Your Majesty, if I may?

Dear Royals,

Per our wonderful Admin, please thank shawkins (his first name is Scott) for the work he has done to get the forums moved to a new server and up and running. It was a lot of work and he has done a great job. Let him know it.

Thank you.

More info in this thread: After the 2018 Server Move

Last edited: