Royalty for a Week, and Shameless The Rest of The Time (Volume IV)

Welcheren

Picking up tools, honing edges
Registered
Reaction score
I am trying very hard not to be unladylike and let go with a string of curses that would make a sailor blush. I am trying to calm down enough to sleep. But I swear that if this stupid vet with its stupid employees cause me to miss getting these puppies to the transport on time tomorrow morning, a lot more is going to be blue besides my language. Incompetent idiots!

Somewhere in the Alchemist's shed, I have a Dictionary of Minced Curses - replacements for real curse words so that you don't have to actually use them. But it comes with a warning that bottling up the anger might cause your head to explode.

Please let us know how things go.

Dear Royals:
Some coffee to start your day...
275px-A_small_cup_of_coffee.JPG

And a humble gift for our Queen:
15_400sq.jpg

Last edited:

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good Thursday, Your Majesty.

Good Thursday, dear Royals.

Somewhere in the Alchemist's shed, I have a Dictionary of Minced Curses - replacements for real curse words so that you don't have to actually use them. But it comes with a warning that bottling up the anger might cause your head to explode.

Please let us know how things go.
Head exploding? Yeah, probably. I will let you know. In a few minutes I must eat so I can take my heart medicine. Then, I will pack up the two little beasties and put them in the truck and go sit outside the vet's office until they open. Then, I will go in and make perfectly clear that if they make me miss my one opportunity at 10 am to get these pups out of my possession, someone there is going to take them. Or else.

I'll tell you later what happened yesterday. I'm still too angry to talk about it.

Dear Royals:
Some coffee to start your day...
275px-A_small_cup_of_coffee.JPG

Thank you. My need is great this morning and I am drinking 2 day old coffee just to have a cup before this insanity starts again.

And a humble gift for our Queen:
15_400sq.jpg

What a lovely gift! I'm sure her Majesty will like it.

Zealand5

Registered
Reaction score
My Queen, I humbly bow before your greatness :Hail:
Greetings royals

I have started writing again, but my characters are stubborn and vehemently refuse to work with me.
Sigh...

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have returned. The transport that was supposed to leave at 10, which I was at by 9:10, still hadn't left when I loaded my puppies into it at 1:10. But at least I was able to get them on it and get home so I could get some water. I am horribly dehydrated.

I'm going to go collapse now.

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon, Majesty
Good afternoon, Royals

I'll tell you later what happened yesterday. I'm still too angry to talk about it.

I was wondering, but figured talking about it would only make it worse considering how upset you sounded.

I have returned. The transport that was supposed to leave at 10, which I was at by 9:10, still hadn't left when I loaded my puppies into it at 1:10. But at least I was able to get them on it and get home so I could get some water. I am horribly dehydrated.

I'm going to go collapse now.

1:10??? WOW. That's quite a wait. I feel bad for those poor furbabies, too, especially since transport crates are often much smaller than what they would have in a shelter. Poor things. I hope they find good homes after all the effort on your part.

Not to neglect you, Duchess - I hope you got some rest as well as rehydrated after all that.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Royals!

I nearly forgot I was Queen. It's been one of those weeks. Not necessarily bad, just busy. Today was very tiring. I wish it was Friday, but considering we're all working Saturdays this month, Friday doesn't mean a whole lot.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering, but figured talking about it would only make it worse considering how upset you sounded.
Yeah, talking about it last night wouldn't have been pretty. Now that the dogs are off, I'm much more relaxed.

Basically, the left hand didn't know what the right hand wanted done, even though the right hand had left very specific, step by step instructions--if the left hand had just opened and read them. So, I got the run around and the attitude. Not good.

1:10??? WOW. That's quite a wait. I feel bad for those poor furbabies, too, especially since transport crates are often much smaller than what they would have in a shelter. Poor things. I hope they find good homes after all the effort on your part.
I didn't put them in the cages until they were loading the other dogs. They had water, love, and walks and I fed them before I left so their little bellies wouldn't be grumbling. And, of course, I cried walking away from them. I couldn't keep them, but I wish I were younger and in different circumstances so I could have.

Not to neglect you, Duchess - I hope you got some rest as well as rehydrated after all that.

That's what I've been doing this afternoon. First thing I did when I got home was grab some water. My poor elder dog whined when I came back without the puppies. I figured she would because she had gotten attached, too.

Speaking of rest, I'm back to it. This whole fiasco and the heat has totally exhausted me. Have a good night, everyone.

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
I am trying very hard not to be unladylike and let go with a string of curses that would make a sailor blush. I am trying to calm down enough to sleep. But I swear that if this stupid vet with its stupid employees cause me to miss getting these puppies to the transport on time tomorrow morning, a lot more is going to be blue besides my language. Incompetent idiots!
** blushes **

Beanie5

Live a poem...Or die a fool. \/
Registered
Reaction score
Well, but along with porter shocked . I never dreamt The grand duchess even knew such words let alone be tempted to use them!

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
She is a woman of many talents.
I am indeed. I also spent four years in the Air Force. Amazing the education you can have serving in the military. ;)

Good Friday, Your Majesty.

Good Friday, dear Royals.

I got a decent night's sleep but I am still very tired. I think it may take longer than a day to recover to my normal level of fatigue. And I don't have days to recover as I need to clean the floors and then start packing up the house. I'm supposed to have everything packed and ready to be loaded by the time my brother gets here on the 20th. Five days. Isn't going to happen. *sigh*

Welcheren

Registered
Reaction score
I am indeed. I also spent four years in the Air Force. Amazing the education you can have serving in the military. ;)

Wow.

Does that mean you are authorised to wear the Goose shades from Top Gun and listen to Highway to the Danger Zone without embarrassment? Do you have a pilot's license?

If you body needs the rest that badly, I really hope you manage to time for extra sleep.

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, talking about it last night wouldn't have been pretty. Now that the dogs are off, I'm much more relaxed.

Basically, the left hand didn't know what the right hand wanted done, even though the right hand had left very specific, step by step instructions--if the left hand had just opened and read them. So, I got the run around and the attitude. Not good.

Ugh. Hate when that happens.

I didn't put them in the cages until they were loading the other dogs. They had water, love, and walks and I fed them before I left so their little bellies wouldn't be grumbling. And, of course, I cried walking away from them. I couldn't keep them, but I wish I were younger and in different circumstances so I could have.

:cry:

my elder dog whined when I came back without the puppies. I figured she would because she had gotten attached, too.

:cry::cry:

I didn't even meet the darlings and I wish I could have taken them.

I remember when my college counselor was arranging my clinical training for me at the nearby AFB. She said she'd had a problem with a previous student because of the language. I'm sure I had a rather dumb-founded look on my face as I replied "They're military. What did she expect?" She laughed and said I'd be fine.

Wish you had some help, Duchess. Packing up an entire household by yourself in 5 days is a chore even when you're well rested.

Last edited:

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow.

Does that mean you are authorised to wear the Goose shades from Top Gun and listen to Highway to the Danger Zone without embarrassment? Do you have a pilot's license?

If you body needs the rest that badly, I really hope you manage to time for extra sleep.
Why would anyone be embarrassed to listen to Highway to the Danger Zone? As far as aviator shades, I had a pair of those once. But pilot, unfortunately, wasn't something I could train for due to my eyesight.

My daughter was a linguist in the USAF
Cool. I'm secondary language challenged. ;)

I was a radiology technician in the base hospital.

Wish you had some help, Duchess. Packing up an entire household by yourself in 5 days is a chore even when you're well rested.
Thanks, Princess PK. I'm figuring whatever I don't manage to get done, my brother can do. Because he could have arranged to come sooner. I find his excuses for not being here earlier than the 20th to be pathetic. ;)

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
When I lived in Korea, I was very close to joining the Air Force, and being an linguist because I already spoke Korean on a basic level, plus I could read and write it. I'm not sure what stopped me, but I regret that choice. I should have done it. It's sad we can't go back and clean up our messes.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, but how far back would we go, Prince Ted? There are certainly things back in my childhood I would redo if I could. But then I would be trapped back there in my childhood where I wouldn't send my worse enemy. All one can do is learn and look to the future while adjusting the present. Keeping one's eyes on the past is a depressing waste of time, imo.

Good Saturday, Your Majesty.

Good Saturday, dear Royals.

Although still tired, I woke up before 6 a.m., so perhaps I will get something accomplished today. Well, something besides the nap I'm sure I'm going to need later. :tongue

Zealand5

Registered
Reaction score
Dear Duchess

My respect for you is ever growing. You are so cool!
Currently plotting how to actually be best friends with a superior without it being weird.

Welcheren

Registered
Reaction score
All one can do is learn and look to the future while adjusting the present.
Although still tired, I woke up before 6 a.m., so perhaps I will get something accomplished today. Well, something besides the nap I'm sure I'm going to need later. :tongue

Incisively true, and yet taxingly difficutlt. Still, it's no less true for being diffictult.

Enjoy your nap, dear Duchess.

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
Ah, but how far back would we go, Prince Ted? There are certainly things back in my childhood I would redo if I could. But then I would be trapped back there in my childhood where I wouldn't send my worse enemy. All one can do is learn and look to the future while adjusting the present. Keeping one's eyes on the past is a depressing waste of time, imo.

Maybe it's about what happens to others as a result of choices.

I just got a box of German chocolates sent to me. I'm thinking I have a cheat day coming my way.