Royalty for a Week, and Shameless The Rest of The Time (Volume IV)

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon, Royals. I'm home today. The weather is too cold (currently 28F) for me to do my usual work, and the boss didn't have anything else for me, so I just didn't go in. Perfectly fine by me. I've enjoyed a lazy day. Watched TV, fed the birds, and had some tea.

K Robert Donovan

Wishing Upon a Star...
Registered
Reaction score
So sorry I had to skip out on the morning pleasantries. I had to go in early this morning. Sometimes work is feast or famine and its a gluttonous feast right now. Trying to get as much done as possible before taking some time off around Thanksgiving. My daughter is expecting our very first grandchild and we want to be there to help her and her husband out the first week. More like my wife helping out and me just being the chauffeur. We're all pretty excited and the countdown is down to less than two weeks. She's expecting a boy.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So sorry I had to skip out on the morning pleasantries. I had to go in early this morning. Sometimes work is feast or famine and its a gluttonous feast right now. Trying to get as much done as possible before taking some time off around Thanksgiving. My daughter is expecting our very first grandchild and we want to be there to help her and her husband out the first week. More like my wife helping out and me just being the chauffeur. We're all pretty excited and the countdown is down to less than two weeks. She's expecting a boy.

Ooooh- that's exciting, KRD. Still remember our first grandchild. My avatar (picture aged ten) was my second and I now have four. Grandchildren are super duper. Give a whole new perspective to life. Here's to a very happy day for you all when it happens. :snoopy:.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, your Majesty.

Good Thursday, dear Royals.

Greetings, Lord Bufty. Welcome to the Castle. If there is anything you want just ask. We have an outstanding group of servants who are anxious to make your stay enjoyable.

My King, blessings on the princess and your coming grandchild. May your daughter have a smooth and quick delivery and the baby be as perfect as a new baby can be. It is grand news to know the Royal family will be added to soon. :)

I was allowed to sleep in by the love of my life, my dog Amber. It is cold and raining here. I think the sound of falling rain kept us all asleep a little longer. Now it is coffee time. Have a blessed day, everyone. :)

Bufty

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, My Lord -I mean My Majesty -no, Your Majesty.

I grovel humbly, having just realised I did not acknowledge you with any title whatsoever in my last post.

Your Majesty, I am but a humble servant whose lowered head does not wish to go basket-filling as of yet.

Please forgive my errant ways. I have been busy revisiting a Chapter that will not yet yield to the treatment to which it is supposed to yield.

I prostate myself- sorry, prostrate myself before your most humble Majesty. No- that doesn't seem right either.

I bend double and shuffle my way backwards.

Would some kind soul please open the doors as I approach. :flag:

Sorry about the builder's bum-crack but being bent so low I can't do much about it. :Hail:

Last edited:

K Robert Donovan

Wishing Upon a Star...
Registered
Reaction score
My fellow Royals, Lords and Ladies - Good afternoon and blessings be upon all in my realm.

We had our Thanksgiving feast at the manufacturing plant today (we build cars) and probably could have fed three times our number, there was so much food. I had to attend training this afternoon and kept nodding off almost slipping into a food coma.

Ooooh- that's exciting, KRD. Still remember our first grandchild. My avatar (picture aged ten) was my second and I now have four. Grandchildren are super duper. Give a whole new perspective to life. Here's to a very happy day for you all when it happens. :snoopy:.

We are excited for the special day and frankly, I'm almost a little more nervous than when we waited for our own kids (though memory recalls some nail biting circumstances with the birth of our own kids). I think its just the fact that this is my little girl and she's all grown up now and about to become a mom.

Good morning, your Majesty.
My King, blessings on the princess and your coming grandchild. May your daughter have a smooth and quick delivery and the baby be as perfect as a new baby can be. It is grand news to know the Royal family will be added to soon. :)

Thank you. We too hope for a smooth and healthy delivery for both mother and baby.

Oh, My Lord -I mean My Majesty -no, Your Majesty.

I grovel humbly, having just realised I did not acknowledge you with any title whatsoever in my last post.

Your Majesty, I am but a humble servant whose lowered head does not wish to go basket-filling as of yet.

Please forgive my errant ways.
Groveling accepted, forgiveness readily granted, and an enthusiastic welcome extended. Take your shoes and stay awhile.

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening Your Majesty and Assorted Royals!

Robert! Congratulations on the grandchild! That's amazing news!

Everything's going well on my front. Wrote before I went out yesterday, keeping with the writing challenge in our Goals and Accomplishments section, and wrote nearly 4K today.

Glad to hear from you all! We're nearly into December. :hooray:

Bufty

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Psssssst- You there, hiding behind that pillar! Yes, you! With the D branded on your forehead.

Where is everybody? Where are the crumpeters? And the red carpet? The wine, the women, the song? My hot water bottle? Where's the throne? My crown?

Was your invitation to assume the crown a joke to embarrass me thus, oh mighty ex-monarch, K Robert Donovan? I'll have your head on a platter.

Guards!!!!!!!

Oh-....hang on- maybe I we are in the wrong room? There is a lot of white marble here. And why is everyone sitting?

Last edited:

K Robert Donovan

Wishing Upon a Star...
Registered
Reaction score
My fellows royals, Lords, and Ladies.

It is with great sadness that I step down from the throne tomorrow and pass the enviable responsibility to the most esteemed and highly regarded Bufty. May his reign be ever so illustrious, and the days of his ascension marked by happy thoughts amongst the little people. I move on to a much lesser but joyful role within this great house of nobility.

As a last measure and wish of my rain, may the dews of heaven reign down upon us all, instilling happiness, health, goodwill, and the necessary inspiration and motivation to finish our current works and overcome the dreaded writers block to expand any new projects.

With all due respect, pleasure, etc etc. I will pass the crown tomorrow to Bufty.

I FORGOT to add - you have one final day to guess the correct name starting with K.

Last edited:

Coddiwomple

shipwrecked in antiquity
Registered
Reaction score
*staggers into throne room*

Hey! Did I miss Robert's coronation?

Wait, what? I missed his entire reign? Oh crap! This IRL stuff is seriously messing with my priorities, friends.

Well then, I guess it’s

Congrats Robert Thanks Robert Congrats Bufty

ALL HAIL BUFTY*

:PartySmil:PartySmil

*runs off to work on research paper due Tuesday ACK*

*edited to add tomorrow. Tomorrow! Dang it

Last edited:

Bufty

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My fellows royals, Lords, and Ladies.

It is with great sadness that I step down from the throne tomorrow and pass the enviable responsibility to the most esteemed and highly regarded Bufty. May his reign be ever so illustrious, and the days of his ascension marked by happy thoughts amongst the little people. I move on to a much lesser but joyful role within this great house of nobility.

As a last measure and wish of my rain, may the dews of heaven reign down upon us all, instilling happiness, health, goodwill, and the necessary inspiration and motivation to finish our current works and overcome the dreaded writers block to expand any new projects.

With all due respect, pleasure, etc etc. I will pass the crown tomorrow to Bufty.

I FORGOT to add - you have one final day to guess the correct name starting with K.

'Cough'. Ahem. Most exalted Majestiness - what's all this about 'tomorrow'? I was massaged by you yesterday and no mention was made of tomorrowsville. This is really most confusing as I am now caught between two stools so to speak. I shall just sit here quietly until tomorrow arrives, although my jester tells me tomorrow never comes.

*staggers into throne room*

Hey! Did I miss Robert's coronation?

Wait, what? I missed his entire reign? Oh crap! This IRL stuff is seriously messing with my priorities, friends.

Well then, I guess it’s

Congrats Robert Thanks Robert Congrats Bufty

ALL HAIL BUFTY*

:PartySmil:PartySmil

*runs off to work on research paper due Tuesday ACK*

*edited to add tomorrow. Tomorrow! Dang it

Congrats? Sir Coddiwomple, I expect a more appropriate salutation on Tuesday when thou returns after having finished thy research submission. For which I do of course wish thee every success.

Hail Queen Bufty!

Good morning Your Grace.

Ah! My very good Baron Myers. Your greeting and welcome is much appreciated, although there's a little gender confusion about. I had strawberry jam for breakfast and must have forgotten to use my royal napkin.

Bufty

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*watches the shenanigans*

Count Snitchcat- it would be verily appreciated if you stood and departed if you are finished, rather than merely 'watching the shenanigans.'

Just had a brilliant Idea. I hereby appoint you Royal Treasurer to the ancient and royal Court of Buffiness. Please check the East Wing vault and report upon the state of my coffers.

PS- Chancellor - whoever you are- Is this appointment effective tomorrow or today- this is so confusing. :Shrug:

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
You are not king yet, Lord Bufty.

And the treasury is fine.

*The dragon saunters off back to her caverns.*

Bufty

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You are not king yet, Lord Bufty.

And the treasury is fine.

*The dragon saunters off back to her caverns.*

Hmmmm. I'm developing a soft spot for Countess Snitchcat. And Thou speakest truth, me fears.

I'm strutting off to the greenhouse at the bottom of the royal gardens to snooze for eight hours until tomorrow arrives. UK time, Pacific Time, West coast time. I don't know what time it is. Will tomorrow ever arrive?.

Is the greenhouse anywhere near the caverns? :snoopy:

Coddiwomple

shipwrecked in antiquity
Registered
Reaction score
Ah! My very good Baron Myers. Your greeting and welcome is much appreciated, although there's a little gender confusion about. I had strawberry jam for breakfast and must have forgotten to use my royal napkin.

Congrats? Sir Coddiwomple, I expect a more appropriate salutation on Tuesday when thou returns after having finished thy research submission. For which I do of course wish thee every success.

Ah.

*ahem*

Your-soon-to-be-Majesty, I hope you will not take it amiss (Get it? Get it? Amiss? Omg I’m so funny!!), but a confusion of genders appears to be not an isolated phenomenon this lovely morning.

On Wednesday morning, the Princess Coddiwomple will be delighted to abase herself most humbly at your most masculine of feet. I hope you will not hold this mildest of corrections against your loyal servant. (And if you would prefer I swap virtual genders for the duration your reign, you have only to say the word. I am yours.)

Now back to that paper! ACK!

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
I am a princess, my lord.

Soft spot?

*disappears*

Michael Myers

Take a chance. Amaze yourself.
Registered
Reaction score
In the carpenter's shop eating oysters with the wa
Website
www.dancerandspy.com

Your Grace Grand Duchess Ambrosia

Although there still might be some gender confusion on my part.
* Takes a knee begging forgiveness *

Last edited:

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
All hail the Illustrious King BUFTY! :D

:hooray::PartySmil:hooray:

And hail to my fellow Royals, who have seemed to pounce out of the woodwork!

As for myself? I am well, though I REALLY !@#$ed up an essay and got a 52% the day after getting 90% on another for a different class. I've got to be a little more careful with the next assignment!

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's really quite easy (in most instances) to check to see whether the idea matches the gender. ;)

Your Majesty, you have done a wonderful job this week and you even managed to secure a (somewhat confused) heir apparent. I count that as fulfilling all your kingly duties. When you hand the crown over tomorrow you will change titles from "king" to "prince". But you won't change from being a favorite. I pray it is your intention to not go galloping off into the sunset. You have suites here. Remember to use them so the staff doesn't feel their cleaning jobs are in jeopardy. Thank you for wearing the crown and I hope when the opportunity to rule once again presents itself that you will do us the honor of accepting. You will also be receiving a stipend with a little extra added this week to the normal amount as a thank you for putting up with us for the week. ;)

Heir Apparent Bufty, I am delighted you have accepted the King's summons to serve. I look forward to getting to know you better in the coming week.

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Woohoo! Just in time for the new Majestic Bufty-ness!

Fellow royals, excuse the absence but I have been engaged in secret ARoRL things and am now in possession of a NEW JOB!!!!! :hooray:

I start as of the new month and am super excited. A bit terrified as well, but mostly excited. Someone thinks I'm actually executive leadership material. :roll: :roll: :roll: *gulp*

KARMA IS FINALLY SMILING ON ME. SPARKLES FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Also, if you don't see me as much for a while, it's because I'm on a rollercoaster stressball of "this is amazing!! / what the hell was I thinking!?")

And now, I would kindly request cake with sparkles on top because it is this royal's birthday and she has adult ruby red high heels she just bought because BIRTHDAY AND ADULTING AND NEW JOB WHICH PROBABLY MEANS SEDATE SPARKLES BUT WHATEVER BECAUSE I GET TO WORK FROM HOME AND BUILD AN EMPIRE, MWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHA

*ahem*

Bufty

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's really quite easy (in most instances) to check to see whether the idea matches the gender. ;)

Your Majesty, you have done a wonderful job this week and you even managed to secure a (somewhat confused) heir apparent. I count that as fulfilling all your kingly duties. When you hand the crown over tomorrow you will change titles from "king" to "prince". But you won't change from being a favorite. I pray it is your intention to not go galloping off into the sunset. You have suites here. Remember to use them so the staff doesn't feel their cleaning jobs are in jeopardy. Thank you for wearing the crown and I hope when the opportunity to rule once again presents itself that you will do us the honor of accepting. You will also be receiving a stipend with a little extra added this week to the normal amount as a thank you for putting up with us for the week. ;)

Heir Apparent Bufty, I am delighted you have accepted the King's summons to serve. I look forward to getting to know you better in the coming week.

Oh Joy! Tomorrow has arrived and it is with trepidation at the enormity of my responsibilities as the successor to Prince Donovan, that I now sit upon the scarlet cushion on this wonderful throne. Just out of curiosity -is this one plumbed in? :e2beat:

To Your Grace Grand Duchess Ambrosia, I am most indebted for the magnificent breakfast lobbed in the greenhouse door at five o'clock this morn. I, too, look forward to your getting to know me better. Just in passing, Your Grace- the greenhouse was fine apart from the odd creepy crawly but I wondered if I might perhaps be granted rent-free short-term assured tenancy of the largest of those magnificent suites you refer to above. :Hug2:

That small matter apart, the silt of human kindness flows through my veins and I now stand sit ready to listen to all, and to offer solace, encouragement, warmth, companionship, good food and wine, and contentment throughout the forthcoming week to all my loyal subjects. The welcome is quite overwhelming.

ETA- The tax charity collection box will always be the green one to my left. :thankyou:

All hail the Illustrious King BUFTY! :D

:hooray::PartySmil:hooray:

And hail to my fellow Royals, who have seemed to pounce out of the woodwork!

As for myself? I am well, though I REALLY !@#$ed up an essay and got a 52% the day after getting 90% on another for a different class. I've got to be a little more careful with the next assignment!

Thank you for your hail, kind Sir.

Be not discouraged re your @)!!^& ed up essay. I have sent a private message to the necessary parties and I'm sure your next results will be very satisfying indeed.:snoopy:

Woohoo! Just in time for the new Majestic Bufty-ness!

Fellow royals, excuse the absence but I have been engaged in secret ARoRL things and am now in possession of a NEW JOB!!!!! :hooray:

I start as of the new month and am super excited. A bit terrified as well, but mostly excited. Someone thinks I'm actually executive leadership material. :roll: :roll: :roll: *gulp*

KARMA IS FINALLY SMILING ON ME. SPARKLES FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Also, if you don't see me as much for a while, it's because I'm on a rollercoaster stressball of "this is amazing!! / what the hell was I thinking!?")

And now, I would kindly request cake with sparkles on top because it is this royal's birthday and she has adult ruby red high heels she just bought because BIRTHDAY AND ADULTING AND NEW JOB WHICH PROBABLY MEANS SEDATE SPARKLES BUT WHATEVER BECAUSE I GET TO WORK FROM HOME AND BUILD AN EMPIRE, MWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHA

*ahem*

Magnificent news, Princess Winks. :hooray: We are all thrilled for you. You are undoubtedly exquisite leadership material and the trumpeters shall blast forth a resounding fanfare on the occasion of this momentous news- and in celebration of your birthday all my chefs are instructed to deliver sparkly topped cakes to your apartment for consumption by one and all.
Also, from me to you - fifty - yes 50! complimentary bottles of King Bufty's Bubbles. :partyguy: Here's to next month and the whole new career that stretches invitingly ahead of you.:Hug2:

Last edited:

K Robert Donovan

Wishing Upon a Star...
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning your Magnificence.

Fellow royals, I greet you with happiness and satisfaction that I kept rebel forces at bay during my term and have passed the mantle on to a most noble defender who I trust will do his utmost to keep both his head and the tranquil state of our castle.

Tiddlywinks - congrats on the job and happy birthday.

I saw a picture of my expecting daughter wearing a sweatshirt while she was out with her husband and had to ask her if she was carrying something more than just a baby under that shirt. She's huge and so ready to have that baby. She gave me one of those "Daaaaaadddd" comments when I asked the question. She said being pregnant was fun but she's now in a state of misery ready to "get it out." Another week for her.

Bufty

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning your Magnificence. :hi:

Fellow royals, I greet you with happiness and satisfaction that I kept rebel forces at bay during my term and have passed the mantle on to a most noble defender who I trust will do his utmost to keep both his head and the tranquil state of our castle.Thank you for leaving our forces in such excellent state, Prince Donovan. I inspected the First Flaming Oil Barrel Battalion this morning and they all spoke most highly of yourself.

I saw a picture of my expecting daughter wearing a sweatshirt while she was out with her husband and had to ask her if she was carrying something more than just a baby under that shirt. She's huge and so ready to have that baby. She gave me one of those "Daaaaaadddd" comments when I asked the question. She said being pregnant was fun but she's now in a state of misery ready to "get it out." Another week for her.Ah- the excitement. Do keep the Court informed as the day draws nigh. Who knows, my noble Prince, maybe one hides behind the other. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink :snoopy: