Royalty for a Week, and Shameless The Rest of The Time (Volume IV)

Michael Myers

Take a chance. Amaze yourself.
Registered
Reaction score
In the carpenter's shop eating oysters with the wa
Website
www.dancerandspy.com
Good morning Your Majesty.
Good morning Your Grace.

Mostly still green here at the Summer Palace in southern Wisconsin except for the Oak Giant which is yellowing nicely. The Maple Giants have tinge of red to them as well.

They remind me of Ents.

Last edited:

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings Your Fine Majesty and Illustrious Royals!

It is cool in my area of Canuck-land. I really am enjoying it. No more sweating for me for a few months.

Day 10 of not smoking- making it happen. Creative work is going up and reading speed/comprehension increasing. I'm currently reading The Defense by Nabokov.

Hope to read more of the exploits my fellow Kingdom dwellers have going on. :)

Coddiwomple

shipwrecked in antiquity
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Prince Michael, Prince Daniel.

Day 10 of not smoking- making it happen. Creative work is going up and reading speed/comprehension increasing.

That’s great, Daniel! Glad to hear it.

Duchess, I hope you are feeling better.

Busy day today. Catching up on housework now that I'm starting to recover from the injury. Tomorrow we’ll get out and enjoy some of this beauty.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, your Majesty.

Good Sunday, dear Royals.

Mostly still green here at the Summer Palace in southern Wisconsin except for the Oak Giant which is yellowing nicely. The Maple Giants have tinge of red to them as well.

They remind me of Ents.

:greenie That's awesome, Prince Michael. What a lovely thought...Ents. :greenie

Prince Bard Daniel, congrats on your smoking cessation. Making it 10 days is excellent. Keep going. :D

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Good Monday, dear Royals.

So I'm the only one who showed up for Sunday? Did you all have a picnic elsewhere and fail to invite me? That's not nice.

I'm going to just go sulk over here with my coffee now.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Royals.

My weekend started out well. I went to a local farm with my mom to make our yearly fall purchases. We also stopped at the Halloween store to upgrade some of our decorations. We got some really neat things. Then it was to a friend's birthday dinner. The sushi was fantastic. However, by this time of the day, what I thought were allergies was actually yet another cold brewing. It kept me home Sunday from my friend's monthly board game party. I was pretty bummed, but there was no way I was going with the way I felt. Luckily, I felt much better today and was able to get through a sloppy, wet day of work. We haven't an all day rain in months, and although it was badly needed, it was miserable to work in. At least Mother Nature made up for it by giving us a spectacular sunset this evening.

I preoccupied my time today by plotting. I'm still working on the same WIP I've had for 10+ years. It's evolved so much that, other than the MC's, the plot is entirely different. I really like what it's become, and it's developed into a much meatier story that will span multiple books instead of each being serial. We'll see if I actually get around to writing it.

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
*stumbles in, mumbling around her fat lip*
*presents the Queen with a frozen bag of peas, which may or may not have already been in use for the Princess' recent, uh, incident*

I'm tired, a wee bit overworked, and sore in the mouth region, fellow Royals. But all is pretty good in my glittery part of the realm. If I could dodge medicine balls to the face, that is. Don't ask. Gym workout gone awry. At least I still have all my teeth! Just a very split lip that bled everywhere the other night.

Not going to win any Royal beauty contests this week, let's put it that way. :greenie

Feeling a bit scattered with work stuff of late and trying to make headway on some personal matters with limited success. Bah. So I ordered some books the other night to perk myself up. (And I had a coupon to use, so there.)

On the bright side, Ms. Winks the Elder is coming to visit this weekend! So if you don't see me for another week or so again, well...I have to prepare for the royal motherly visit! :hooray:

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Your Majesty and Royals.

Grand Duchess, we're still here! :D *Plays a harp song about sunsets*

Lady V, that is a bummer, but your W.I.P sounds enchantingly interesting!

Tiddlywinks, I am sorry to hear that. I have sustained an injury too, I accidentally cut my boot soles (new gel ones) too long and it ripped off part of my nail on my baby toe and scraped the top of it pretty good. I was out seeing a movie and don't drive and didn't know how bad it was until I was back at home, bloody sock and all. :X

Yet, buying books is fun! Yay!

The Royal Motherly Visit? That will be fun for you hopefully! :)

I am off to visit another friend, but this time in my sandals because of my toe, and we are going to pick up a lot of takeout and work on his radio. Ahahaha, also NO SMOKING! :D

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Medicine ball to the face sounds painful! At least it can make for a funny story in the future.

Our weather did a complete 180 from yesterday. Blue skies all day and comfortable temperatures.

There was a huge buck in our front yard last night. The deer can grow pretty big around my neighborhood since there's no hunters lurking and plenty of food to keep them happy.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Good Wednesday, dear Royals.

:Wha: Colds, split lips, and toe injuries? Tiny strips of skin flayed by the carpet are small in comparison! Are we under a curse? Who has dared attack our Castle inhabitants? Not to mention, the queen has been notably absent. Now I am worried.

I'm going to go say an incantation over this cup of dark brew right before I drink it. Maybe it will help.

LadyV, Prince Daniel, Princess Tiddlywinks, may each of you get over the physical assaults soon and may the good things that happened take away the hurt of the bad. :Hug2:

Last edited:

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Perhaps a sage cleansing would do the castle good? I'll go see if the herb witch has any in bulk.

Coddiwomple

shipwrecked in antiquity
Registered
Reaction score
Not to mention, the queen has been notably absent. Now I am worried.

Noooooooo don't be worried I was hijacked by an extreme case of IRL syndrome and man does it ever suck!

It's still grabbing at me, pulling me under...

Ack

send help

where's that stupid dog when you need him

Michael Myers

Take a chance. Amaze yourself.
Registered
Reaction score
In the carpenter's shop eating oysters with the wa
Website
www.dancerandspy.com
On the way Your Majesty!

Newfoundland_Dogs_Lifesaving_BODY_11.jpg

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh dear, what happened to my post? :(

Greetings Your Majesty and Royals- let me try again.

New tablet, toe is healing, and weather is cooling down. Thank you for the well wishes, Princess Tiddlywinks and Grand Duchess. At least.I can sleep without much pain if I get in the right position. College work is going well. I can't believe it's already been a month. I'll be done college in April and then be applying to universities- maybe online. Exciting times for me!

I hope the cold and lip of my fellow castle dwellers is healed up soon. I'll play a harpsong of healing *lets fingers drift over strings* in an attempt to aid.

My tablet is awesome by the way. The way the keys to when I type makes it perfect for me. It's almost like I'm in a trance while doing so. I completely adore it. My father got it with his new phone and gifted it to me. Honestly, a great gift.

I wish you all well tonight and early tomorrow! I'll be checking in with my favorite castle then! :)

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Royals!

My weekends have been busy in my part of the realm. Daniel, somehow I missed what happened to your toe. Hope you're healing well.

Work is painfully slow. I keep warning my boss that I'm quickly running out of work, but he doesn't seemed too bothered.

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello Your Majesty and Royals!

LadyV: Love the new avatar. Running out of work? That's an interesting problem to have. Where is it that the graceful LadyV is employed, again? : )

Had Thanksgiving dinner with my Dad: Swiss Chalet. We had a good chat too and he seemed well. It's good, because I know that things are hard on him right now. Every little bit helps, I suppose.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Hello Your Majesty and Royals!

LadyV: Love the new avatar. Running out of work? That's an interesting problem to have. Where is it that the graceful LadyV is employed, again? : )

Had Thanksgiving dinner with my Dad: Swiss Chalet. We had a good chat too and he seemed well. It's good, because I know that things are hard on him right now. Every little bit helps, I suppose.

I work for a tree company, as a plant healthcare technician. Basically, I treat client's trees and shrubs for insects/diseases, and fertilize them. My work is seasonal, and in Fall, things tend to grind to a halt. I only have about a month before I get laid off for the winter.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, your Majesty. (Wherever you are.)

Good morning/afternoon/evening, dear Royals.

I have been in the hospital for the last several days. I have AFib and I woke up in an episode Friday morning. I spent the day trying to get it under control. I finally thought I had it stopped when I went to bed. But Saturday morning I woke up with it. So I went to the hospital. They shocked my heart back into rhythm yesterday and now I am home again. I think it might be a few days before I am back to my normal self. So if I'm not participating much, that's why.

I hope everyone is doing well.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
That's awful, Ambrosia. Were you awake when they shocked your heart? I can't imagine that being a pleasant experience. I'm no stranger to Afib. My dad and uncle both have it. My dad eventually had a pacemaker put in. He claims to have episodes here and there, but for the most part it's fixed the issue. My uncle controls his with meds.

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello Your Majesty and Royals.

Ambrosia: Afib? Oh. I read up a little on it. That's not good, Grand Duchess, but at least they stabilized your heart. I hope that you're feeling better in the next few days and I wouldn't worry about the castle, we'll all be here when you're feeling better. You did the right thing in going to the doctor and I'm glad they were able to help.

LadyV: That sounds like a great job! You seem to know it pretty well, and it must be nice to get the break as it's seasonal work. Cool! :)

As for me, I'm feeling great. Two books finished today and I'm starting on a third. I also had a four hour midday nap. That was refreshing. Upon quitting smoking, I'm finding that I require some more sleep but I feel so much better, and more in tune with everything, upon awaking.

Sending good vibes to all the castle dwellers! Cheers!