Ray's House of Love Vol III

Status
Not open for further replies.

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Maryn, I've finally started using Evernote and wondering what took me so long. Before, I just used the basic Notes app that comes with the iPhone but it's just a long list of stuff. Evernote is so much better. Having theme notebooks, with individual notes inside, is great. I've got one set up for household stuff (measurements, shopping, ideas), one for the wedding, one for writing ...

I'm assuming you use the free version. I looked at the premium but it's pricey - $5 per month. That's probably better for businesses who several people using the app for group stuff.

I just came back from the alterations shop and consensus is that the jacket's just weird for my shape and it's better to just let it be droopy than try to do a bunch of alterations. It's just for one day - it's not really my style so don't anticipate wearing it again - plus I'm trying to slim down ... Ah well. One less thing to be concerned about. The outfit is what it is.

Last edited:

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As you said upthread, nobody's going to be looking at you, unless you're a disheveled mess or something. I don't see that happening. So the jacket doesn't flatter--not a big deal. Maybe you'll be warm enough to ditch it at least some of the time. (I feel warmer once I've had a glass of champagne, after all.)

I still just love Evernote, the freebie version. I'm not good at typing into my phone--arthritis in both thumbs and lots of clumsiness--but I can type anything from a computer keyboard and access it on my phone when I'm out.

Sundays I flip through the sales flyers in the paper and use Evernote to jot down what I might pick up or check out at which stores. I've stored what sewing patterns I already own, so I won't buy the same one twice. I use it for reminders even though my phone has a reminders application. Like you, I store room measurements, people's sizes, like that--you never know what you're going to need to know when you're out, right?

Maryn, another satisfied customer

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not me, thanks. My tummy's still upset. I wonder if I have a bug rather than too-rich cake last night. I hope not, since we leave for vacation on Thursday.

Maryn, feeling weird

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No wiggle room on that?

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We're going to Cape Cod, renting the same house as the last two times. Each of our kids will be there for part of it, but only a couple of days overlap.

So naturally I'm feeling crappy when there's so much to do. I did buy the last birthday gift for Kid Two while I was out, so that's done, at least. Plus I bought myself a new pillow, because I mash 'em into wads and Kohl's had a good sale.

Maryn, hungry but scared to eat

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, that's exactly how I've been feeling. Today is a little better.

At least I know about the BRAT diet, so I managed not to make myself sicker by eating what I shouldn't.

I have much preparation to do for vacation; we leave tomorrow. Ordinarily I'm on top of things, but this year, not so much. As Mr. Maryn has said, "Don't worry. They sell things there."

Maryn, worried she'll overlook something vital

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
In my opinion, for what it's worth, prescription meds are the only things you can't replace in most cities.

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
In my opinion, for what it's worth, prescription meds are the only things you can't replace in most cities.

And eyeglasses or contact lenses. Pack your meds and glasses for sure.

I'm in San Francisco. Wedding was yesterday and fab.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Howdy from The Cod, where it's grey and cool. We celebrated Mr. Maryn's birthday yesterday with swordfish, a Ben and Jerry's ice cream cake, and much wine. It's little wonder my stomach is again upset.

Only our younger daughter is with us at this point; the elder arrives in a couple of days. Kid Two's still asleep, at ten a.m., which makes me jealous. I tried to sleep long and late and was undeniably awake a few minutes past eight.

The plan for today involves working out, then lolling. I think I can handle that.

Maryn, better at the lolling part

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
What kind of diet is the bratwurst diet? Or are we talking about unruly kids? I'd go for the former myself...

I missed you too, guys. Hope you're having fun traveling around and actually enjoying the summer. And Maryn, great weekend to be in New England, it was lovely!

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
mario! Nice to see you.

We had rain all afternoon, so we cozied up inside and read books in companionable silence until our daughter and Mr. Maryn both fell asleep, at which point I wandered off to evade the snoring.

Kid Two, not at all a planner, brought no jacket or sweater, no umbrella, no long pants, based on what the weather was doing when she packed. In some ways, despite some very big changes as they become adults, they're still the same disorganized kid they always were.

If it comes down to it, I guess we can buy her a sweatshirt she'll wear for a few days here, then forget next year.

Maryn, who knows her kid

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have more than a few sweaters bought on trips. But in my case it's not for lack of planning...usually. One time I sat in a puddle on a concrete wall, and that garnered a new hoodie, and one time I'd been wearing my sweatshirt around my waist for a week and never needed it so I left it at the hotel only to have a cool day. tada! new jacket. Hubby got one once and let me wear it, because he teased me that I schemed for new clothes.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Poor The Kid. Her flight's delayed in Chicago, meaning they won't land until after one in the morning and can't possibly get here before three. Tomorrow's gonna be rough.

Maryn, hoping they're up by noon

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somebody upstairs is awake, and it's not even ten, but I can't guess who. We shall see, eh?

Meanwhile, I have insect bites from hell. I swear I'm becoming allergic in my old age. I got these bites Saturday, it's Tuesday, and they're still itching like mad and swollen to the size of dimes.

Hey, The Kid and The BF are up, after arriving at four in the morning.

Maryn, who almost signed her real name, eek!

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Eek.
Wait, my real name isn't Sassy?

Do you have some benedryl or benedryl spray? I apply that (spray) to my bites and they are ok the next day.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have Benedryl in gel form and in pills. The gel takes out the itch but not the swelling, and lasts for about three hours. You can't use it and the pills at the same time, so today I plan to try the pills.

Last night while we were watching Eddie Izzard (very funny!) I thought that if I had a needle I'd pierce the center and see if I couldn't squeeze out some of the itchy goo, but I didn't. Probably just as well.

Maryn, who will later perform her own appendectomy

Status
Not open for further replies.