Love the new look, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BethS

Registered
Reaction score
Hope it's not an April Fool's joke...

ETA: But I don't understand why some links are purple and some are dark blue. Fwiw, the dark blue is much more restful on the eye. I'm finding it difficult to scan a long line of purple thread headers. My eyes want to glaze over.

ETA(2): What I like, I've decided, is the picture at the top, and the fact that the header doesn't take up nearly the entire monitor screen. Now that I've been here awhile, I find the background color to be a little too bright. And the purple headers and links...please try something else. Go back to the dark blue. Or use black. Or very dark gray.

Last edited:

Debbie V

Mentoring Myself and Others
Registered
Reaction score
I was just here yesterday. What a shock to click the open link and go from old to new. I'm finding it very bright.

There are seven colors on the screen: purple ink and black ink, the gray for the typing box, the blue gray surround, the blue header, the pink surrounding that box, and a darker orangy pink for the final background. It's a little busy for my taste, visually distracting.

A little more brightness and contrast might be a nice change from the blues and grays that were here, but this is overkill. In fifteen minutes of use, I'm getting an eyestrain headache. See ya when you get back to normal.

Last edited:

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
I totally forgot it was April Fools. I kept trying to figure out why they changed everything. LOL I like it. It's different.

Wilde_at_heart

υπείκωphobe
Registered
Reaction score
I like the banner but that ghastly salmon colour has got to go.

I totally forgot it was April Fools. I kept trying to figure out why they changed everything. LOL I like it. It's different.

Once enough caffeine had made it to my brain I realised that's what it was. Before that I'd been wondering if someone had hacked into my user settings and was getting nervous because my router seemed a bit ... blinky at the time. :D

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
If you object, I suggest you contact our Alien Overlords. It's all their doing.

The rest of you? If you see anyone picking up the phone to call the aforesaid Overlords, STAND WELL BACK. Foil hats can be useful in these circumstances.

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
:foilhat::foilhat::foilhat::foilhat::foilhat::foilhat::foilhat::foilhat::foilhat::foilhat:

Caps! Caps for sale! 50 cents a cap!

Deleted member 42

Precisely the correct time.

:beam:

Last edited by a moderator:

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Love the banner, hate the colors.

Happy April 1, y'all.

MM

JulesJones

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.julesjones.com
The banner is utterly gorgeous, hate the pink.

Also, I was startled to encounter Her Supremeness from my One True Fandom staring out at me from Old Hack's avatar on another thread. Startled, but hoping the avatar and sig will stay. :)

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
Hope it's not an April Fool's joke...

ETA: But I don't understand why some links are purple and some are dark blue. Fwiw, the dark blue is much more restful on the eye. I'm finding it difficult to scan a long line of purple thread headers. My eyes want to glaze over.

ETA(2): What I like, I've decided, is the picture at the top, and the fact that the header doesn't take up nearly the entire monitor screen. Now that I've been here awhile, I find the background color to be a little too bright. And the purple headers and links...please try something else. Go back to the dark blue. Or use black. Or very dark gray.
I think the different color links represent if you've read or responded to the thread. I think.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
I think the different color links represent if you've read or responded to the thread. I think.

After copious HOURS of testing (or, more accurately, having a thought and clicking two links to test it), it appears to be threads you've been to page 1 of. Purple when you haven't been on page 1, blue if you have. If you skip to the most recently read post and it's not on page 1, even if you post in the thread, it stays purple.

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Calm yourselves people, it will all go back to normal tomorrow. This one isn't nearly as good as a couple of years ago when the mods steampunked the entire board.

MM

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Your eyes won't be useful for much longer anyway.

Just sayin'....

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.