September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
smile.gif
I am so out-of-control excited right now! We've had wacky cold weather lately. I know for most of you, this is no big thing but for me - I can hardly wait till the w/end.

They are predicting snow on our Valley floor (San Joaquin Valley)
I never thought I'd see it here again. It's only happened once in my lifetime and that was 7 or 8 years ago.
And now they are predicting it for Saturday!
I can't wait. I can't wait. I can't wait. I've got my digital camera ready and all stores are stocking up on disposable ones.

I'm so excited. Hope we can brave the cold - none of my kids own jackets, just sweatshirts. (but even if they did, they wouldn't wear them)

Be happy with me. Dance with me!
:snoopy:
emoteJump.gif
emoticonbanana.gif
emoteJump.gif
emoticonbanana.gif
Emotesnoopy.gif

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I forgive you for being excited, but I won't dance with you.

I live in Canada. :flag:

dahmnait

Just a figment…
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
When you figure it out, will you let me know?
Noooo!! I haven't heard it was going to be that cold. If it is cold there, it's going to be D@MN cold here. :cry: I am not saying I want summer to start. (just to clarify to the powers that be since it gets over 100 here on a regular basis.) I just want to be warm again.

But just in case it does snow, take that picture quick, then enjoy to 5 - 10 minutes you have before it all melts. ;) I watched it snow in Santa Cruz once. It was the coolest thing to watch the snow falling over the sand. That is an image I won't forget.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Meanwhile, it's a toasty 80+ today in San Antonio, where winter lasted for all of about 3 weeks or so...

dahmnait

Just a figment…
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Regarding the cold weather:
September skies said:
smile.gif
I am so out-of-control excited right now!

I can't wait. I can't wait. I can't wait.

I'm so excited.

Be happy with me. Dance with me!
:snoopy:
emoteJump.gif
emoticonbanana.gif
emoteJump.gif
emoticonbanana.gif
Emotesnoopy.gif
Just wanted to add that you are a sick, sick woman. ;)
<-Now if they could do the happy dance...

Last edited:

dahmnait

Just a figment…
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Shadow_Ferret said:
It's a screwy mixed up world we live in when California is getting snow and Wisconsin is having thunder showers in March.
California's Happy Cows are going back to Wisconsin. (Obscure reference that probably only Californians will get. ;))

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
dahmnait said:
California's Happy Cows are going back to Wisconsin. (Obscure reference that probably only Californians will get. ;))
Very cheesy.

WerenCole

Funny what? Do I amuse you?
Registered
Reaction score
Take me away to Margaritaville. . . searching for my lost shaker of salt. . .

oops, sorry. I was day dreaming.

Snow is good and all. This damned Virginia weather is starting to bug me. I like cold cold cold, or I like hot. This lukewarm BS is starting to get on my nerves. It happens for an extended period in the fall and for a good portion of the spring. Give me sub 30 degrees all winter or above 60. . . nothing in between and not for extended periods of time.

Have a fun time with it, I like the silence that accompanies gently falling snow.

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
San Francisco Bay Area is expected to get temperatures in the 20's this weekend, with possible snow in the Santa Cruz mountains. The trees are getting really confused.

I just hope we don't get another wind storm like we had week before last. That one took out the chimney cap from my chimney, several fences in the neighborhood, and caused a 300 ton crane to fall through the ceiling of a shopping center under renovation. Luckily no one was hurt, though several shops had water damage.

I forget where this saying comes from, but "Climate is what you expect, weather is what you get." Usually we have climate in California. Where'd this weather come from?

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
My desktop weather has been blinking a red 'alert' warning me of the low snowline and cold weather. I don't expect snow here but I was all ready for spring. *sigh* Even had all my shortsleeved shirts clean and moved to the 'main' clothes closet.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Let's just say this winter has been screwed up. Tornadoes in Nov. & it's supposed to be in the seventies here on Sat. Grrr. Next week the temp will be back in the forties.

But hey, if snow has you all excited, enjoy it.

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
I grew up (well, insofar as...) in the San Joaquin Valley. It snowed in town once that I recall. That was pretty exciting, like a solar eclipse or a big comet. Actually, solar eclipses are more common there than snow.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
I went walking today at lunchtime. It is 62 here so I just wore my suit jacket. I walked all over the grounds where my building is and I saw birds and squirrels and flowers and 4 people. just 4. Cars parked...big parkling lot..but 4 people. I can't wait to start my garden. Early spinach, collards..MMMMMMMMMM If i start tomatoes inside NOW I'll have edible size by July 4, or sooner!!!!!.

Sweet peppers, hot peppers..Corn? hmmmmm Beets most certainly and carrotts. Red Cabbage. Onions. Garlic.

NO TURNIPS!

Yes, I know. And in July when it is 108 degrees in the shade, all you folks with the snow can pick on me.

Cantalopes. Summer squash. Green beans! Basil, oregano, Swiss Chard.

Did I mention I have blueberries and raspberries in the yard too...........

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
My daughter turned Sweet 16 today -- but thinking back to her "little girl" birthdays, I remember having swimming parties for her.

CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY Weather!
It's the end of the world, I tell you, the end of the world!

It is so freaking cold today - we aren't used to this weather! It should be in the mid 70s about now. I have pics of the girls wearing shorts as we took our Christmas tree outside on Jan. 1st. (high 70s in December)

Too cold! But snow will be fun - if it happens. I'm in my mid 40s and it's only snowed the one time here. And, it lasted about 24 hours - it was beautiful. My mom woke me up at 4 a.m. (phonecall) which scared me half to death and told me to go look outside. Not knowing how long it would last, I woke up all my kids and we played in the snow at 4:30 a.m. (came back to bed at 5) and then I got them up for school at 6 a.m. but it was cancelled - SNOW DAY! Which meant - more playing in the snow.

I'm so sorry guys - I know some of you are tired of snow and cold - but we never get it, so to me, this is super super super super exciting.

:snoopy:I'd dance for you if you suddenly got a day with 80-degree :Jump:sunshine in the middle of winter.:banana:

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Nyah nah na na nahhh!!

It was high 60's here today. I say it's about time those Californians got their comeuppance! Them and their sunshiney days and always nice weather. Hmph!

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I remember when it snowed in San Diego on Valentine's Day when I was in second grade. We were at recess too. It didn't stick, of course, & was probably soft hail, but our teachers called it snow, & I do too.

And we've gotten lots of freak days in the upper 60s this winter in Ohio.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
dahmnait said:
Actually, those commercials show elsewhere (I wondered if they would when I moved from CA).

But I'm not sure the "It's the cheese" commercials showed outside of CA.

clintl

Represent.
Registered
Reaction score
Shadow_Ferret said:
It's a screwy mixed up world we live in when California is getting snow and Wisconsin is having thunder showers in March.

We're having thundershowers, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.