Observant Life: Identifying Appropriate Genre

Saraya Ziv

Registered
Reaction score
I've written a short connected book of short stories delivering personifications of observant Jewish life via an anthropomorphic vehicle. Yes it appears to be a middle school book, but the ideas will be surprising and challenging to an adult. The book is not polemical. Not sure why a movie like Godzilla is adult fare, but the impact of the Enlightenment, etc, told through child-like eyes, is for kids.

Question: are there any recommended literary agents who will work with me to identify the genre? I target unaffiliated Jews, not the already observant community. Sorry if this is the wrong forum; new to the site. Thanks very much.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
You've started a very similar thread here.

One thread per subject, please, otherwise AW will collapse beneath its own weight.

As others have already said in your other thread, we'll need more information about your book in order to help you.

Note that good literary agents don't work with writers to help them identify the genre in which they're writing: they work with their clients to help them find the best deals they can.