PDF files being imported

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp teeth

Registered
Reaction score
Is it possible to transfer PDF scripted from one screenplay program to another ? Or from the iPad to a laptop? I don't know much about Technology.

Matera the Mad

Bartender, gimme a Linux Mint
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.firefromthesky.org
If a program can import PDF, it doesn't matter where it comes from. However, I don't know diddly about any screenplay programs -- you'll have to ask the software yourself. As for iPad to laptop, there would be no problem. PDF is short for Portable Document Format, and it is Perfectly Portable.

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
PDF is a file format meant for rendering - either on the screen or to a printer. It's the electronic equivalent of paper; you can read and scribble comments on it, but it's not meant to be manipulated like - say - a Microsoft Office document file.

If possible, export your data into another file format.

-cb

Deleted member 42

Is it possible to transfer PDF scripted from one screenplay program to another ? Or from the iPad to a laptop? I don't know much about Technology.

Yes, you can move the file from one place to the other. Going from an iPad, you might try using a free DropBox account.

If the .pdf file is "locked" with a password, or is an image file (instead of a .pdf file which contains text) it may be difficult to get the formatted text out of the file, but it's not impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.