Not open for further replies.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Max! :Hug2: Wassap, dude? How you been?

Shadow's list is way longer than I expected, so I guess superheroes are a growing trend. We'll see if any take interest. :)

Doing well. Writing more literary stuff lately but always with a heart for the speculative.

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greendragonartist.com
Thanks for the compliments on my sweet new kitty. She's very dainty and delicate, and she has a tiny mew which she uses seldom. And yet, she is less shy than my old cat, Zathras, who was a true scaredy-cat - and meowed constantly whenever I was near.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
I once had a turtle named Spots. She was at first named Gamera, after the turtle kaiju, but the name just didn't fit a dainty she box turtle. So Spots she became.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
The only pet I've ever had that was "mine" (as opposed to a family pet) was a small chihuahua / mini fox terrier mix, black and white. I named her Jade, which seems like a fairly ordinary name, except that I chose it because of a character by the same name in Mortal Kombat. :tongue (And no, the pup was never a fighter.)

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
*digs her way into the cantina through mountains of sparkle and glitter* Now that was unexpected...

Three weeks to the Elf Fantasy Fair. :e2cloud9: A castle ground, a botanical garden and a company where you find elf right next to stormtrooper, and knights next to dinosaur.
I soooo need it, people keep adding work to my plate, taking up time I wanted for myself and I have trouble staying motivated with all the demands. Need some fun time.

*sneaks in the back door and slides into a comfy chair in a corner*

I'm baaaack! :D

How's it goin'?
Kricket!

Now where did I leave that butterfly net? Quick, before she's off again!

Gais. I think I'm going to be able to get to see my gran next week! Just sorting the details with my mum, and hopefully I can go buy my ticket in a couple of days. Cool. Thank you loads cantina. You are wonderful people
Yeay!
(you are people, right?)
Is this where people say 'I plead the fifth'?

ribbit

Sadly, I have created a story idea for myself where I have four characters in the entire world and now they're all sitting in this campsite looking at rocks and trying to work up the courage to ask each other if a walk along the beach might be in order. So we're stuck in the awkward phase, with the possibility for badly-written romance later if things go well enough with the marshmellows.
Time for a sudden hungry-bear attack?

Good news! My van is OK! Just the gas making the car stop - the gas gauge was lying. :)
Naughty gas gauge. I hope you told it off.

We got a new young cat (not quite a kitten, maybe 2 months old?) this Saturday morning.
Kitten! Iiiiiiiih! Such a cutie!

Afternoon, Cantina. Could it really be September already?:Wha:
Yeah? What happened to August!? :Wha:

Now that I've gone full geek, however, any future pets will be getting geeky names. Most likely Tolkien related ones.
In the past my pets' names have hailed from Star Trek movies and novels, Tolkien's work at large and Nordic mythology. Dad took care of the historic component by going Egyptian pharao for his cats.

...why yes, I do have an endless supply of glitter, why do you ask? :greenie
That does explain a few things... :D

I once had a turtle named Spots. She was at first named Gamera, after the turtle kaiju, but the name just didn't fit a dainty she box turtle. So Spots she became.
Now that you mention it, Kajiu itself sounds awesome for a turtle, too bad the one who bit me last month (the bite is only now finally fading) already has a name. Kajiu would fit her awesomely. Must remember for future adoptees.

Last edited:

tianaluthien

What I do is not up to you
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
*digs her way into the cantina through mountains of sparkle and glitter* Now that was unexpected...

That does explain a few things... :D

*picks glitter out of coffee*

:greenie

:hooray:

I have finish typing all my notes.

It's taken me 10 days to do all that.

:hooray:

I like the sound of having a "Great Summer Re-read". Good idea!

It wasn't intentional, it just sort of happened...and it allowed me (is allowing me) to rediscover the well-loved treasures on my shelf that I haven't read in ages. It's a wonderful journey :)

I am in the mood to celebrate, Cantina. This past Sunday we celebrated my parents 37th wedding anniversary. And what makes it special is that 10 years ago my dad was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's/ALS and given 2-3 years to live. Well, 10 years later he's still kicking. :) So it was really special.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Junely - I think I've pretty much arrived at the place. If I think about it as "well, let's do it like meeting a friend, see where it goes" then it's a lot less stressful.

And cobra - yeah, you do learn what you do and don't want. Quite quickly, honestly.

I finally wrote a bit more today. I'm on day 39/40 with a sub - will be enquiring after tomorrow if I don't get my form R back by then :p

Elise-K-Ra'sha

Driving myself crazy with writing
Registered
Reaction score
'Ola from Dallas, Texas, Tombs peeps!

Note: Don't publish anything the day you're leaving from one location to another. The bus wifi doesn't like to work with you!

Side note: So very proud of myself right this moment. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.