• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Partner or Mentor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strongbadia

Registered
Reaction score
I am a 31-year-old male who is looking into getting a writer buddy. I have attempted to join several writer groups in my area, but I have not found one that meets with my schedule (Plus, one that is in a reasonable commute!)

I am into all types of writing. I write short stories in all genres, adolescent literature, SF and Fantasy - and others and poetry. I am gearing up for a couple novels I want to write. Hell, I try it all. Right now, I am working on something I have not tried before - writing something that will sell!

My degrees are in English Literature. I am sort of turned off by pretentious snobbery. I enjoy writing and I enjoy reading. But I think people should not think they are "better" because they read and/or write what is referred to as "literature." I ran into enough of those types of people in my life.

If you have a positive attitude and great enthusiasm, then you should contact me!

Last edited by a moderator:

Linda Adams

Soldier, Storyteller
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linda-adams.com
Since you're in Washington, DC, have you tried Washington Independent Writers? They're at http://www.washwriter.org . I understand about the commute problem, since our group loses members the minute they hear we're in No Va. WIW has groups in both VA and MD, and they will be having a Small Groups night in July (sort of a recruiting for writing groups) in the District itself.

--Corrected for Web site address--

Last edited:

writermom

Avada Kedavra
Registered
Reaction score
What does your vision of a "writer buddy" look like?

Strongbadia

Registered
Reaction score
Vision?

I cannot say that I have a perfect vision in mind per se. It would have to be someone that I can easily mesh with and cooperate with. I suppose I worded my request the way that I did because there are a lot of odd people on the net. If you wish to know more about me, then send me an email.

Status
Not open for further replies.