• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Bombadil Publishing

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
I'm afraid "Give my press a chance" is not the kind of appeal that will work in this forum.

I don't gamble with my manuscripts. Too much hard work goes into them for me to take chances with them. So when I sign contracts for them, I'm not taking a chance. I'm taking a calculated risk, and that risk is based on a press's reputation in this forum, the books that press has already published (cover design, editing, etc), distribution, how much in royalties authors are likely to earn, and so on.

If a publisher believes this is a matter of chance, or asks me to take a chance, that alone is a warning. It means the publisher and I are not on the same page when it comes to doing business.

And that doesn't even cover the fact that I'm not in your target age group (though I am under the 40-year cutoff point).

This. But then again, I'm over the 40-year cutoff. Not by much, mind you, but I'm there...

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
It's unprofessional on the author's part, usually, but this is part of the review.

The Blurb wasn't correctly placed in the product description, therefore I posted it in a four star review so it can be seen:

"In a world of creatures and uncertainty, I was unearthly. A dark angel and a guardian
combined with a will to do good, but a mind to cause total destruction..."

Which doesn't really bode well for her publisher either.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
That is sad on so many levels.

'Young' authors deserve the same consideration and professionalism that every other author *with a good mms* deserves. I'll check back with Bombadil in a couple of years, but so far I've not seen anything to make me enthusiastically recommend this publisher to the younger writers I know.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site recovering from hard-drive crash over the weekend (how's that for timing). In '15, launched MageQuill, an online writing platform. On their FB page, there's mention of imprint, Galadriel Publishing.