• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Redemption Press

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I don't know if this company has made the BR&BC list yet.

With the closing of Christian subsidy publisher WinePress, former owner Athena Dean has been freed up to start a new venture, Redemption Press.

I haven't looked through the website copy yet, so I have no opinions on it.

http://www.redemption-press.com/

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
Goodness me:

A Note From Athena to Former WinePress Authors…

From the many personal messages I’ve received through e-mail and social media, many of you are shocked and devastated by the sudden closure of WinePress Publishing. Many have also shared the financial difficulties this situation has created due to broken contracts and non-payment of royalties.

When my husband Chuck and I started WinePress in 1991, our purpose was to help Christian authors publish professionally and affordably. Unfortunately, my allowing the wrong leadership into WinePress turned the company into something far different than its original intent.

My prayer is that God can use this for good. We at Redemption Press would welcome the opportunity to help redeem this unfortunate situation. We plan to earn your confidence and trust … and keep it.

In Him, Athena

If you are a former WinePress author, we’d like to help. We are offering a deeply discounted rate to assign a new ISBN and make the necessary revisions to get your book back in print. This service is only available for books with current print files and includes:

Removing the WinePress Publishing logo and text from the cover and interior
Inserting a new Redemption Press logo and text on the cover and interior
Adding “2nd Edition” to corner of cover
Assigning a new ISBN
Providing a hard proof from printer for author approval
Distribution to online bookstores stores including Amazon, B&N, CBD, etc., as well as trade distribution in the Christian and general market
Author copies available at cost ($1.25 + .015 per page standard trim size)

COST: $391

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
They've broken contracts and failed to pay out royalties earned, and they've got the gall to charge nearly $400 to the people they've already cheated?

Unconscionable. What would Jesus do?

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
As much as my mind boggles at being in any position to defend a Christian subsidy publisher (because my private belief holds that's probably an oxymoron), I have to side with Gravity here.

There's a lot more to this sordid tale than meets the eye. Athena Dean, according to her testimony and that of people who know her, got involved with an extremely predatory church that took over her life and her business.

I'm waiting to see what Dean does with this new outlet. My reservations hinge on whether RP overcharges for services (as do many subsidy pubs), and whether RP can deliver with the marketing support it promises.