AW's Super-Dooper Newbie Pub Where Newbies Can Chat With Golden Oldies

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrairieDawn

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you very much for my hot pear juice! Sounds delightful! *sprinkles a little cinnamon on the whipped cream.*

Pulls out laptop on which she is definitely not writing MASH/Star Trek crossover fanfic *wink* and a copy of the Merck.

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
*opens trapdoor in a cloud of sparkly holiday cheer*

New people! :welcome:

Who wants eggnogg? Or hot apple cider! Mmm...

*sees sparkly warning sign taped over the back of her trapdoor*
Pffft.

Not all plot bunnies are monsters, but Winks let some of hers loose. I'd watch out for them! (And whatever you do, don't feed them after midnight.)

*cough* Yeah, about that...um...someone who is totally not me may have already done that. And someone who is also totally not me may have accidentally gotten a lot of them wet when she sprayed them with the hose after they developed fangs and claws.

*points at Richard* His fault!

Welcome to all the newbies! Be careful of the trapdoor. You really don't want to disturb Wink's glitter piles. (Really. You don't.)

Right! Because the glitter piles are really the bones of my enemies, ground into dust and mixed with the crushed dreams of broken plot bunnies and --

*sees the stares in the pub*

Um.

Happy holidays?

gtempel

Registered
Reaction score
*puts on a tricorne that has 'temporary holiday barkeep' written on it*

Happy Holidays Winks if you have hot apple cider or eggnog I will gladly take it and ... store it for anyone who wants if - i will not drink it all on my own - i never would do that. never.
Hmm your glitter sounds like the perfect fertilizer for some much needed plants in here.

*procures some poinsettia plants from under the bar and puts them on the tables*

this makes it look a lot more festive

*sprinkles some of the glitter on each poinsettia*

even better - happy Christmas day to everyone for the next few days I will also serve food in addition to drinks -because I feel like it - on today's menu we have:
pumpkin soup
baked goose with potato dumplings and red cabbage
fudgy chocolate brownies

Enjoy

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
Pulls out laptop on which she is definitely not writing MASH/Star Trek crossover fanfic *wink* and a copy of the Merck.

Wait. Actual writing going on? :e2thud:er. . .I mean. . . :Clap:

*cough* Yeah, about that...um...someone who is totally not me may have already done that. And someone who is also totally not me may have accidentally gotten a lot of them wet when she sprayed them with the hose after they developed fangs and claws.

Well. . . they do multiply and I was hoping the babies hadn't gotten the fangs yet.

Right! Because the glitter piles are really the bones of my enemies, ground into dust and mixed with the crushed dreams of broken plot bunnies and --

*sees the stares in the pub*

Um.

Happy holidays?

Happy glittery holidays to you, too.

*puts on a tricorne that has 'temporary holiday barkeep' written on it*

Happy Holidays Winks if you have hot apple cider or eggnog I will gladly take it and ... store it for anyone who wants if - i will not drink it all on my own - i never would do that. never.
Hmm your glitter sounds like the perfect fertilizer for some much needed plants in here.

*procures some poinsettia plants from under the bar and puts them on the tables*

this makes it look a lot more festive

*sprinkles some of the glitter on each poinsettia*

even better - happy Christmas day to everyone for the next few days I will also serve food in addition to drinks -because I feel like it - on today's menu we have:
pumpkin soup
baked goose with potato dumplings and red cabbage
fudgy chocolate brownies

Enjoy

Looks nice in here.

The pub also has a menu of some items all the time: things like the BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBLT, BBQ'd ogre and smoked troll (when the two groups have been fighting again), and and any cookies, pastries, etc. that people bring in.

Oh Non

Registered
Reaction score
please DON'T add the peanut butter cookies with the chocolate kisses in the middle to the list. I ate all we had last night and I am soooo sick today.

I would take some egg nog though....

Kuranes

Registered
Reaction score
*Slowly opens the door and lumbers into the room in a white EVA spacesuit, shaded visor concealing his face. Peers around the dimly lit and silent pub, half-full drink glasses and uneaten slices of dessert cake where they were left. Chairs, tables and barstools are tipped over in places.*

*Raises his arm to his visor and presses a gloved finger to a screen embedded in the suit. A flying robot floats in through the open door and into the pub. An iris opens on the face of the robot, and a shimmering cone of blue light shines into pub. The blue light slowly moves across the room, touching every surface. After a few sweeps of the room, the blue light fades out of existence and the display on Kuranes' EVA suit arm blinks to life.*

*Raises his forearm to his visor again and reads the screen. The suit beeps, and Kuranes' electronically-clipped voice is heard.*

Log Entry, Thursday the twenty-seventh at nineteen-oh-six and forty-four UTC. Have gained entry to the pub and performed a full scan. Super-dimensional structure of the pub is intact after the Event. Some chairs and tables are tipped over; possible temporary loss of gravity. There's evidence the pub was occupied at the time of the Event. No sign of life.

*Opens the breaker box and turns power back on to the pub. Grabs a tipped-over table and slides it over Tiddlywinks' trapdoor.*

Hee hee hee.

*Lumbers out of the pub, his flying robot following him.*

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
*hears faint music in the pub*
*tries to open trapdoor*

what the...

*bangs up on trapdoor again, to no avail*

ALL RIGHT. WHO SLID A TABLE OVER MY ENTRANCE AGAIN? I WILL FIND YOU. :evil

*meanwhile, the scrabbles of rabid plot bunnies can be heard, echoing below*

NathanLyle

Registered
Reaction score
a hooded figure approaches the bar. He somehow managed to enter the pub completely unnoticed and sneak his way to the bar without drawing a single eye to him.

"barkeep, I'll take the strongest thing you have. And give me two of them."

Kuranes

Registered
Reaction score
*Opens the door and walks in, newspaper under his arm. Three flying robots follow in floating formation behind him. Goes behind bar, makes himself an iced coffee. Sneaks a raspberry danish and sits at his gold-plated table.*

*Pulls out his phone, presses a button on the screen, and the robots fly in different directions. One goes behind the bar and makes a drink for V.S. Chadwick. The other two begin working on Nathan's order, flying behind the bar into a storage room. A minute later both robots fly back out and float in front on Kuranes, chirping and beeping at him.*

What do you mean it's too heavy?

*BEEP BOOP WHIRRRRR BEEP*

OK, fine. I'll help.

*Stands up and walks to the storage room with the robots. Some grunting is heard, and Kuranes re-emerges carrying a large green thermonuclear warhead with yellow Cyrillic lettering spray painted on the side. The robots whine under the strain of helping carry the warhead to Nathan. With a final grunt Kuranes and the robots place the warhead down on the bar.*

*Gasps for breath.* WHEW! Yeah you guys weren't kidding. That's a heavy sucker.

Anyway, Nathan, three-hundred kilotons is the highest yield we have in the back. The next largest is fifty kilotons until we get a new shipment in. *Pats the side* This baby has about twenty billion calories worth of energy potential in it, so if you consume all this and you still want more we can grab the other one.

Last edited:

spearwriter

Registered
Reaction score

Hi! I'm Stephanie! I stopped drinking a long time ago, but I can pretend. I finished one novel and working on another one. I'm in the process of sending the first one out to agents.

Ian_Else

Registered
Reaction score
He opened the door to the pub and peered around at the current patrons before stepping into the bar properly. As he walked his duster fluttered and the last specks of dust drifted from his shoulders. His hat was worn down low and his spurs chimed with every foot step. Around his waist one would be able to see a worn belt and peeking out from under the duster a well used pen and paper holster could be seen.

He slid up to the bar and seated himself in the foot of the 'L' shaped bar and seated himself on one of the high chairs. Sliding a gold coin down the well polished table he spoke in his gravely baritone. "Scotch, straight. No ice." After a short pause he added, "And bring the bottle too."

He tipped his 10 gallon hat up and smiled. "You see, I've been gone for a long time and I need to celebrate my return properly. In fact, how's about a round for the house?" He slapped down a leather bag on the long bar spilling some of it's glittering contents out. "Long time no see fellow writers of AW." His dark brown eyes shone as only someone with determination and triumph could.

Cat's-Paw

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not gonna read through this whole 492 page thread, but I'll take some orange juice! jkjk. I wouldn't mind some of those cadbury eggs, though, and maybe some muscadine grape juice.

jonas

Registered
Reaction score
The topic doesn't seem overly active right now, but I like the concept. So here's me, sitting down at the bar, asking, "can I have a mimosa, please?"

jadeheavens

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe the topic will liven up again if I ask for some orange juice...with pulp, please, and I will pay in virtual chocolate cake :p

Kerry56

Registered
Reaction score
The thread title says this is a place where the newbies can chat with the golden oldies, but what if you are both a newbie and older than dirt?

Free drinks?

Rick Albert

Registered
Reaction score
Hi.

Where the ale. I will have n ale. Where's the waitress?
I see her, Yes, you there.
I put some dollars on the tray. Say, "I'd like some ale. Slab of roast."
Yes dear," I say and wink at her.
"What do you mean no flurting with the waitresses. How about a kiss!"
"Kidding!"
As you glare at me and say,"Behave yourself!""
"I am hungry." I wink at the waitress who glares at me.

kinokonoronin

Purveyor of Madness
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe the topic will liven up again if I ask for some orange juice...

Good work, mate. There have been several more posts after all. :D

I'll take a non-alcoholic ginger beer and a slice of NY cheesecake.

And a compulsory "How 'bout that weather and/or frightening political atmosphere?" to you all.

Rick Albert

Registered
Reaction score
So, I am welcome. Good to know. NY cheesecake. Mice make cheese cake. How much cheese for a cake. What micw don't which animal does. It has ten toes and fingers, has a nose, and a mouth. A litle bum, Legs and arms. You know, a human. Makes sense. Don'r you feed mice cheese. What about the cake. There has to be cake. Hpw are you doing? I hope all is well. I suspect your British. I could be wrong.

I also don't drink, Hic. The place has a lot of things going for it. Here its warm. 90 above, since you may be using metric 30 above. How is it where you live?

The Eighteenth Letter

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Everyone...

I joined up a little while ago but only recently have had the motivation to become a more active member of the community.
My name is RIlind.
Hope everyone is doing well in these peculiar times.

kinokonoronin

Purveyor of Madness
Registered
Reaction score
Hope everyone is doing well in these peculiar times.

Hope you're doing well yourself there Rilind. Welcome.

To Rick: I'm not British. But I tend to accidentally pull words and speech patterns from whatever I'm reading or watching (or whoever I'm spending a lot of time with). It's totally subconscious, and at times I've done the same thing with accents. A terrible quirk, I know. Apologies that I did not respond sooner.

RC turtle

Registered
Reaction score
... I tend to accidentally pull words and speech patterns from whatever I'm reading or watching (or whoever I'm spending a lot of time with). It's totally subconscious, and at times I've done the same thing with accents....
I do the same thing to an extent, I s'pose (<— apparently ineradicably picked up in South Dakota)

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not new here, but it has been a while since the last time I was here. Welcome to all the new members :welcome: .

Drinks on me, cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.