Status
Not open for further replies.

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Hello Pubbers. :hi:

Greetings everyone. Bartender, one hot cocoa with mashmallows, please

I'm new here, going to read this thread to see what this place is.
Any other fun threads you recommend?
I'm looking forward to reading more stuff here.
*slides over a hot cocoa w/marshmallows*

Welcome to AW and the Pub, Aeryndale. :welcome:

Fun threads? Office Party might be a good place to start. Or you can always stop by Writing Exercises, Prompts, and Whimsical Pursuits. Lots of writerly games there.

Hi everyone! Just popping in to say hi, and introduce myself. I'm Alison and I write mostly contemporary fiction (YA/NA). So pumped to make some new writing friends and read all of your awesome work :)
Welcome AuthorAlisonH. Glad you found your way to the Pub (and AW). :welcome:

She_wulf

that's me
Registered
Reaction score
Website
CaliaWilde.com
[Puts a pot of coffee on]
Hi folks.
It's been a while since I've been here. Whether that's a good or bad thing? Not sure. Since last here (circa 2013 I think) I've been trying to figure out genre niche.

Its it awful to say I've bounced around at least 4 times? All fiction, but, the stories needed to come out.
For reference: the sequence was historic fiction fantasy, space action adventure, crime romance, then biker romance thriller (that last category may morph into drama because there may not be HEA for one story coming up).

Do any others have tips on what to do if your worlds don't mesh together?

tiggs

Registered
Reaction score
Popping in to wish a Happy New Year, to all -- old and new pubbers alike!

MMcGuire

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all, I am Michele. I'm a fan of the short story and have been attempting to craft some, myself. I also write some poetry. I am interested in publishing a compilation, eventually, if I can get it right. I hope to make some wise and trusted friends who can help me with fresh perspectives, and to help craft and fine-tune the stories' of others :Shrug: We'll see how it goes. ;)

MMcGuire

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Allison! I'm new here, too... obvs... thought I could start by meeting another new member. I hope we like it here!

Sarashay

Shut Up and Write
Registered
Reaction score
Hi there! I'm technically an oldie, but it's been so long since I've been here I figure I'm practically a newbie all over again.

I just finished another novel for National Novel Writing Month, and one of my New Year's resolutions is to start sending out a different novel of mine that I've been working on for years. (Still working up the nerve to start doing that.) I've wanted to be a full-time fiction writer ever since I was seven years old and discovered that people could actually do that. Yes, I've since learned that it's not as easy as that, but I'm still determined. I'm working on becoming a full-time nonfiction writer (freelance copywriter) to sustain me while I work on fiction. Yes, I know that isn't as easy as it looks either, but I'm determined in that as well.

It's so nice to be here again, and I'm looking forward to participating in this community.

aleslie

Registered
Reaction score
Hey y'all! Newbie Amanda here! Thanks for the open arms. I quite like snuggles. :Hug2: I'm currently working on my first novel. I'm about 50,000 words in. It's a romantic suspense with some dark elements thrown in. Looking forward to making some new writing friends!

Now, bartender, since a rebel :e2headban I shall have an orange juice please. :tongue

Willer

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
I raise this bottle of firewater in greeting Amanda

The pubs bartender is busy looking for veins, juice's run out mayah accord you with this instead?

Davy The First

Registered
Reaction score
I raise this bottle of firewater in greeting Amanda

The pubs bartender is busy looking for veins, juice's run out mayah accord you with this instead?
He leans over and says in a voice as grating as gravel
"That's a mighty purty Avatar you got there, pardner. Mighty purty."

Last edited:

David R

Registered
Reaction score
I barely understand what a forum is, let alone what to do inside one. But I am trying. And drinking too!

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
*puts the kettle on* *turns on the coffee maker* *gets out the Bailey's bottle*

Good evening, lovely Pubbers. :hi:

JLindaC

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the information. Excited to get started! I'm with you on the OJ thing. It's the pulp.

SaraP

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sure we can get you some OJ with no pulp. If you want it, that is. And we'll keep quiet about it so the Dragon doesn't find out. ;)

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
Somehow I didn't see the pub first time I came through town.

I'll have a mimosa. ;)

Working on draft #13. Smoothing out scene transitions. Every time I think I'm finished, I realize there's another entire category of polish that escaped my attention previously.

Hi everyone!

VeronicaDean

Registered
Reaction score
Ahh, what a bar full! Normally I'm behind the bar, but today I'll do a little drinking myself.

"My good bar-tending Sir, I'll have an OJ neat. With a shot of Makers to chase that with. You know what . . . make that a double."

Now that I'm good and warm, I'm Veronica! 23, and livin in the mountains of California. Working on about 50 projects and always looking for kindred spirits of the writing world. Excited to be here, meet all the wonderful people and improve my skills.

Let's drink!
Cheers!

SaraP

Registered
Reaction score
Hello lovely Pubbers. It's a gorgeous day outside! How is everyone doing? I have coffee, tea, and chocolate chip cookies. :e2cookie:

Willer

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Ahh, what a bar full! Normally I'm behind the bar, but today I'll do a little drinking myself.

"My good bar-tending Sir, I'll have an OJ neat. With a shot of Makers to chase that with. You know what . . . make that a double."

Now that I'm good and warm, I'm Veronica! 23, and livin in the mountains of California. Working on about 50 projects and always looking for kindred spirits of the writing world. Excited to be here, meet all the wonderful people and improve my skills.

Let's drink!
Cheers!

Veronica I reckoned you said kindled spirits cos am I back from the dead and spirits were kindled in me or what but don’t ask But I misread which is ok in most cases. Im yours kindred writing spirits Hope you can abide with me

Willer

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Hello lovely Pubbers. It's a gorgeous day outside! How is everyone doing? I have coffee, tea, and chocolate chip cookies. :e2cookie:

I like your lovely SaraP makes me feel Where did you appear from (weren't a local round here were ya) and who is the big kidlet in your happiness thread

Status
Not open for further replies.