Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.catsbooksmorecats.blogspot.com
An agent decides he/she likes your work enough to represent it? Do they:

A) send you a contract via snail mail
B) Email you with the good news
C) Call you on the telephone

Just curious, as I have many queries out and some agents actually reading the ms.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
I suspect that they will either call you, or e-mail asking you to call them. There's more to sort out than 'is your work good enough?'. They will want to find out if you are someone they can work with and, equally, you need to find out if you can work with them.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Mine called me on the phone, but I was out at the time so she followed up with an email asking me when would be a good time to call.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
From authors I've talked to, it's a combination of all three. Either the agent calls during business hours, or emails to find out a TIME to call. Agents like a personal touch, since many never actually ever MEET their clients. A voice on the phone at least helps them know when it's really you calling later on. They also want to discuss strategy for the book, potential edits that they think might help sell it, and what you expect for your writing career.

Then they snail mail the contract. :)

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
Agent

My first agent called. She probably thought she had reached the state mental hospital because once I realized an agent was on the phone it was five minutes before I said anything sane.

Branwyn

Print release:Sept.1,'09
Registered
Reaction score
Jamesaritchie said:
My first agent called. She probably thought she had reached the state mental hospital because once I realized an agent was on the phone it was five minutes before I said anything sane.
:ROFL:
lol -- That'd be me.