Need words to the effect of.....

bearilou

DenturePunk writer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
yawping barbarically over the roofs of the world
I took the rogue's line literally, to mean "They weren't all [alive]" (referring directly to the knight's comment). Ie. that some of their opponents were zombies!

I took it the rogue meant that their opponents weren't all that lucky. IOW they're all dead, and the knight and the rogue (and party?) are still alive, making them luckier than the dead guys.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
I took it the rogue meant that their opponents weren't all that lucky. IOW they're all dead, and the knight and the rogue (and party?) are still alive, making them luckier than the dead guys.

The very fact that we have, in this thread, multiple speculative interpretations about what the line in question means, means it doesn't work. Honestly, I don't know what the hell it was supposed to mean. Maybe it would be clearer in context, but it simply sticks out like having Julius Caesar respond to Brutus's knife attack with, "Yo, dude. Seriously?"

caw

lurky

Registered
Reaction score
The original post was vague, but that was because I was still figuring things out in the scene.
See my second post, I'm happy with how it turned out, and again thanks to all who contributed.