• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Deborah Harris Agency

Tromboli

Hopelessly Hopeful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staceytrombley.com
I couldn't find a thread for this agency. Anyone know anything about them? http://thedeborahharrisagency.com/index.aspx

I just canceled my Publishers Marketplace subscription so, unfortunately, I can't look at the kinds of things they usually sell.

They are based in Jerusalem and their website makes it seems like they are only interested in Israeli/Jewish writers or books involving Israel/jedaism but I just got a request for my MG novel on pitchmas (http://pitchmas.blogspot.com/) from Rena Rossner.

Any information would be helpful, thanks!

Spiritsong

Registered
Reaction score
I was going to ask the exact same thing for the same reason. :)

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
PM shows 35 deals in the past 12 months, most to foreign publishers on behalf of prestigious US agencies or publishers. Many of them are multiple rights sales. A wide variety of fiction and nonfiction, genre and non-genre, mostly adult but some children's and YA.

So this looks like a very active agency, but it's worth noting that only two of the deals were sold by Ms. Harris on her agency's own behalf.

- Victoria

Last edited:

SportsScribe

Sockpuppet
Banned
Richard Paolinelli Sock
Reaction score
The website is a little confusing, so I e-mailed them and asked if they wanted Israeli-only authors or content.

I got a pretty quick answer back that: "We represent all authors whose fits our list" then asked me to submit my manuscript, which I immediately did.
Hope this helps.

Tromboli

Hopelessly Hopeful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staceytrombley.com
I found it confusing too but I assumed, based on the fact that Rena was requesting a lot from #pitchmas, that she wasn't too picky about the isreali connection in all her clients. But its good to kknow they're open to queries from everyone /all kinds of books.

HLWampler

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I just got a partial request from Rena from #pitchmas for my Na UF. Fingers crossed!

Liz_V

Not my first rodeo.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Rena Rossner 2/25/14.
Polite form R 4/6/14.

HLWampler

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Full request today!

So far it's been a little under 5 months from query to full request.

Last edited:

CheG

Registered
Reaction score
Website
chegilson.blogspot.com
Well I JUST sent a query to Rena Rossner. I used the format on the website, and pasted in my first 50 pgs plus synopsis and bio. I have NO idea if I did it right!

I also asked her on Twitter if I could send the query directly to her and she said "yes" so I skipped going through the agency submissions...

She wasn't even on my radar until a kind AWer saw her Twitter wishlist included BIRD PEOPLE! OMG! I have a book about bird people!!!

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I got a full request a few weeks back. I'm curious, if she were to offer, since she's Jerusalem based, even if she were to connect with a U.S. pub, would the commission still be foreign rights?

Michael Drakich

A wanderer in the sea of publishing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaeldrakich.wordpress.com
I got a full request a few weeks back. I'm curious, if she were to offer, since she's Jerusalem based, even if she were to connect with a U.S. pub, would the commission still be foreign rights?

Not as I understand it. Your contract to publish is with the US publisher. Your contract with the agent is for a percentage of what the US publisher pays you.

Cel_Fleur

Braving the query mountains
Registered
Reaction score
Any recent interactions of note with this agency? I just got a pitchmas request from Rena, but I'm not whether my novel is what the agency are looking for.